The Devil Wears Prada Movie

The Devil Wears Prada screening the other night brought in the likes of Anna Wintour and Bee. Editrix was amused herself. :lol:

Maybe not truly finished with all of designer fashions, just the one's she had to wear on the set of The Devil Wears Prada. It seems that the film's budget didn't include dry cleaning or washing, so the clothes ended up being slightly rank by the time shooting the film had finished.
Anne Hathaway gladly left behind her designer wardrobe from fashion-themed movie The Devil Wears Prada because the costumes were disgusting by the time they finished shooting. Costume designer Patricia Fields dressed the young star in pricey designer fashions for the film, including Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana. But after months of filming and no dry-cleaning or washing, the clothes began to take on a life of their own. Hathaway explains, "They had an odor all their own. They could stand up by themselves. I never want to see those damn things again!"

source: http://socialitelife.com/2006/05/24/anne_hathaway_is_finished_with_designer_duds.php#trackbacks

^ LOL. That's funny....but such a waste of great clothes!

can´t imagine that they haven´t got the budget to clean the clothes...

Can't wait for the movie to open.

Im reading Weisenberger's second book.............which is about a girl in NYC working for a PR firm. So far so good, but pretty predictable.

Maybe they will donate the clothes from the movie to charity, or auction them off for money to a charity.

The Devil Wears... Prada!

Vogue America's editor Anna Wintour surprised everyone by going to the premiére of The Devil Wears Prada promoted by Sotheby's in a cinema in NY. Dressing Prada and along with her daughter Bee Shafer [didn't Laura called her a spoiled brat or mini-Anna?], Anna watched the whole movie but left as soon as the final credits appeared on the screen, avoiding the reporters.
Of course she stopped eveything just for going to the screening and there were some people who just watched her for the whole time. They say she stayed static during the entire film.
Anna's opnion on the movie, written by her ex-assistant, was given by Condé Nast spokesperson: "She found it very entertaining."

from Erika Palomino.com.br

the book is pretty badly written,, but it's funny. still, it makes you wonder where all the editors went.

looking forward to the movie.

meme527 said:
the book is pretty badly written,, but it's funny. still, it makes you wonder where all the editors went.

looking forward to the movie.

I agree...this second one I'm reading............it's not the greatest writing. I mean the story is good, but I could probably do just as well, if not better.

ETA: The second one is called Everyone Worth Knowing

looking forward to this movie!!!

I thought the book was great and entertaining!!

The casting looks great....I think Anne Hatwhay (whatever her surname is) is great choice to play Andrea!!

EVERYBODY WORTH KNOWING......was okay....sort of boring from time to time...

i have a question..are they going to use real prada pieces in the actors' wardrobes, or are they just winging it?

i also just saw the trailer, the movie looks like garbage..

Pastry, an optmistic for nature :smile:
actually, The Devil Wears Prada has a lot more of Valentino than actually Prada :lol:

Preahya said:
looking forward to this movie!!!

I thought the book was great and entertaining!!

The casting looks great....I think Anne Hatwhay (whatever her surname is) is great choice to play Andrea!!

EVERYBODY WORTH KNOWING......was okay....sort of boring from time to time...

Yeah, I found the second book to be a bit predictable. Even from the first two to three chapters I knew how it was going to end.

I must admit the book is poorly written, however the scenario is hilarious. The movie is too, IMO. B)

omgggg can't wait till this movie comes out
i even have a reminder in my phone as to WHEN it comes out; June 30th
^^
didn't like the book.. now i wish i had read it when i saw the chance...

i LOVEEE her fashion, when it comes out on DVD i'll DEFINITELY be buying the movie

yea to those who watched JUST MY LUCK; loveeed that whole longggg preview of Devil Wears Prada
Anne Hathaway; she really is the PERFECT person to carry off that style of clothing; elegant and sophisticated. yea sucks that she didn't take the clothes... what about the purses or shoes... ahhh

Last edited by a moderator:
krnsw33tie012 said:
omgggg can't wait till this movie comes out
i even have a reminder in my phone as to WHEN it comes out; June 30th
^^
didn't like the book.. now i wish i had read it when i saw the chance...

i LOVEEE her fashion, when it comes out on DVD i'll DEFINITELY be buying the movie

yea to those who watched JUST MY LUCK; loveeed that whole longggg preview of Devil Wears Prada
Anne Hathaway; she really is the PERFECT person to carry off that style of clothing; elegant and sophisticated. yea sucks that she didn't take the clothes... what about the purses or shoes... ahhh

I went to see XMen 3 on it's opening night, and they had a long preveiw for TDWP and the stupid theater people shut the sound off, to make an announcement to get people to donate money for some charity.

Mind you..........I'm all about charity, but why didn't they do this before previews, like during all the stupid car and Fanta commericials.

Or even during the preview for that new dumb moive Tokoyo drift.

Needless to say................I was not happy.:angry:

Because of the movie, ET did a report on Anna Wintour tonight. Anyone else see it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->