Meryl Streep In 'The Devil Wears Prada'

secondly said:
I can definately see Amber Valetta. She was actually very good in Hitch. I can also see Jay Manuel as the friend that works down the hall :lol:

Who's somebody young, brunette, and reasonably tall and attractive? (I'll put 50 dollars down that Parminder Nagra ends up being one of her roomates :P)
Who do you think they might choose to play Andrea the assistent (the protagonist) ??

I'd say Jennifer Garner (but she's pregnant right?),
Hillary Swank (not a big enough movie for her?),
Jennifer Connelly (not tall enough?..and not her kind of movie really),
Amanda Peet (perfect!!)
Naomi Watts (I know she's a blonde..but all the same)

..wildcard: Sandra Bullock

Lena and softgrey,

It was really my pleasure.:flower: I can't wait for this movie, either!:woot: :woot:

this is the movie am waiting for:heart: :heart: the book is so great i hope the movie will live up to it although with Meryl Streep :cry:

this is the first time ive heard about it being made into a movie as well.... i really loved the book, though, im sure the movie will be just as entertaining. and when i read the book, i had no idea it was based off of *actual* experiences... just thinking that a woman could be THAT demanding and kooky (wintour) amazes me....

Hanne said:
Who do you think they might choose to play Andrea the assistent (the protagonist) ??

I'd say Jennifer Garner (but she's pregnant right?),
Hillary Swank (not a big enough movie for her?),
Jennifer Connelly (not tall enough?..and not her kind of movie really),
Amanda Peet (perfect!!)
Naomi Watts (I know she's a blonde..but all the same)

..wildcard: Sandra Bullock
I think most of these actresses are too old. Andrea's supposed to be 23.

yeah your probably right tho' a lot of them look that young (if you disregard the whole youth worshipping Hollywood scene)

Winona Ryder (1971) looks a lot younger than she is
Kiera Knightley (1985) She would be young enough!!

..why can't I seem to think of any 20-something actresses that would fit the part ? :(

I think Amanda Peet would be a perfect choice...but then again what does everyone think of post Buffy Sarah Michelle Gellar playing Andrea? I love SMG and think she might make a perfect choice for the role and a movie like this might revive her career post Buffy and post The Grudge..

Jay Manuel as the fashion guy? that would be so perfect.. I think of the character and think of him- and Sarah Michelle Gellar would be an awesome Andrea- WhiteLotus I really hope someone will make Sophie Kinsella's books into movies as well... they are too funny!

A few suggstions-Adrea is described as being 5"10, 100lbs, and the fattest girl in her office. Pretty hard to imagine. I think they'll have to change that part, still...

-Kate Hudson-Cute and bubbly
-Kiera Knightly-not how I pictured her but she might work
-Kate Holmes-I could see her in this role
-Natalie Portman-But not w/ the shaved head
-Emmy Rossum- a bit young, but she lokks older than she is. And she has that sense of innocence that Andrea does at the begining of the book.
-Julia Stiles- at 1st I thought "now way" but she might seem awkward and confused in an office full of tall, stick thin fashionistas, which would work
-Sarah Polly- Though she might look to much like Meryl Streeps daughter, I see the awkwardness and innocence working for her. Also, I'd love to see her do a comedy
-Claire Danes-She played Meryl Streep's daughter in the Hours and they had a great dynamic together. It would be wonderful to see them antognists
-Kate Beckinsale- Maybe a bit too conventionally beautiful, come to think of it...
-Reese Witherspoon- way shorter than described in the book, but if they leave out that element she could be perfect
Any other ideas? I liked the book and Meryl Streep is a great start towards me liking the movie also.

southerncutie said:
Jay Manuel as the fashion guy? that would be so perfect.. I think of the character and think of him- and Sarah Michelle Gellar would be an awesome Andrea- WhiteLotus I really hope someone will make Sophie Kinsella's books into movies as well... they are too funny!
I remember reading something about a "Shopaholic" movie a while back. Let's hope it gets made!

the book was really good, i hope the movie doesn't disappoint
i don't know why but i can't see Meryl Streep in that role. I just cannot picture her being a crazy b*tch boss.

I_Want_That_One said:
the book was really good, i hope the movie doesn't disappoint
i don't know why but i can't see Meryl Streep in that role. I just cannot picture her being a crazy b*tch boss.
She was a bit like that charater in "She-Devil" and "Death Becomes Her" if you want to see her in full on b*tch mode rent one of those:P

she#s the perfect choice! can't wait to see her in really stylish designer clothes....

Wouldn't it be great if Anna Wintour tried to sue the movie company or something for copyright or whatever the legal term would be, because everyone kinda knows that Miranda is based on her in real life!

I always thought that Glen Close would be great as the evil boss ..... the character in the book seems to have a lot in common with the Cruella De Vil Close played in the live action 101 Dalmations (which was awfull save for Close)

I would love to see Emmy in this role....I (personally) think that a lot of the actresses named are too big to play this....I think the role would be better suited to someone who isnt super well known - Emmy might have even had too much exposure already? but I think that in some circles people still have no clue who she is? not sure.....

and some may only see her as Christine from now on....to me there is no danger of that because Christine will always be Sarah Brightman.

it will be really interesting to see who they pick.....and if they tip-toe around the entire weight-issue aspect of the book, with all of the criticism and scorn this subject receives lately..... I wonder....

hopefully the film when do the book some justice! the book was good, not great, but it was funny.. meryl streep could possibly make an effective anna wintour

WOw.. I love Meryl in the role.. although as someone said earlier.. Glenn Close would have been great too.. but I think the parallel between Ann Wintour and Cruella Davil would be too obvious :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->