Meryl Streep In 'The Devil Wears Prada'

i think i could see angelica houston playing miranda. she is so cold and harsh looking! i loved the book, i wonder whos going to play the assistant?

Arksiel said:
I always thought that Glen Close would be great as the evil boss ..... the character in the book seems to have a lot in common with the Cruella De Vil Close played in the live action 101 Dalmations (which was awfull save for Close)

I would love to see Emmy in this role....I (personally) think that a lot of the actresses named are too big to play this....I think the role would be better suited to someone who isnt super well known - Emmy might have even had too much exposure already? but I think that in some circles people still have no clue who she is? not sure.....

and some may only see her as Christine from now on....to me there is no danger of that because Christine will always be Sarah Brightman.

it will be really interesting to see who they pick.....and if they tip-toe around the entire weight-issue aspect of the book, with all of the criticism and scorn this subject receives lately..... I wonder....
I agree Emmy would be good for this. She's known but still a newcomer. And her character in "Nola" reminded me a bit of Andrea in terms of situation (small town girl in the big city...) and character (sarcastic, caustic observations on life). Plus she probably fits the part physically, though I think they will probably have to make Andrea a more normal size if they don't want a model to play her (which would be a big mistake, IMO). Emmy is 5"7 according to her bio, and she's pretty skinny.

i<3couture said:
i think i could see angelica houston playing miranda. she is so cold and harsh looking!

Agreed. I imagined Miranda to look somewhat like Ms Houston while I was reading the book.....

I think Mandy Moore could play the assistant. She would need longer hair and she is actually a decent actress (saved was excellent). Jennifer Garner would have been perfect too. Too bad she is pregnant.

Mandy might work, but I think Jennifer is a bit too old for the part.

What about Keri Russell with longer hair as it was in the upside of anger. Or maybe a thinner Erika Christenson.

looks like the assistant role has gone to Anne Hathaway...from variety.com

Anne Hathaway of Princess Diaries fame has signed on opposite Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada based on the Lauren Weisberger novel.

Hathaway plays Andrea Sachs, a small-town girl who gets a dream job working for a top fashion magazine, one that turns nightmarish because of her imperious boss, the mag's editor Miranda Priestly, to be played by Streep.

texastess said:
I hope she can pull it off.
I don't usually like her, but I think that she might be ok in this role. She has a very all-american girl thing about her that might work.

oh, i think she will be good too... when i think of her, i cant help but think of the princess diaries and her in a young, ditzy roll, so she will definitely have to 'grow up' for this part

your first peek of meryl as miranda priestly...from time (scanned by sammie32) :flower:

dwqlab.jpg

I absolutely loved that book and I imagined Anjelica Huston for that role, but now that I've seen pics of Meryl Streep I think she really could pull that role. I hope that Anna will be good in her role and I really hope that they will not make the book in a cheesy-teen-movie-way, I think that the book had a very nice edge in it and I really really really( get it?) hope that they keep that dark humor and edge in a movie as well!

i know a few of the girls that are doing fake "runway" mazgazine covers to post up on the walls at the runway office

it's not meryl that you worry about it is anne hathaway i think she is too perky and consistent with stupid roles to adapt the andrea character effienctly. i think she was a bad choice...better choice zooey deschanel, christina ricci, amber tamblyn but more importantly rachel mcadams. these kind of actresses wud bring more to the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->