The Devil Wears Prada Movie

it was so bad it was good...
so, ok..patricia field didn't do that bad of a job, but the clothes were very stereotypical. and that really pisses me off.
and ghesquiere was mentioned as being one of the designers at couture fashion week...

the only reason i stayed was meryl streep's performance..she stayed icy cold the entire time, she's amazing!:ninja: not to mention a hottie...my friend called her a gilf:lol:

im gonna go watch it tomorrow.
but secretly im not expecting too much out of it.

I saw it...loved the movie especially because of meryl...I think patricia field did an awful job with the clothes. And there was this very chessey scene of a photoshoot (with briget hall and some other models) which they called "urban jungle"...just bad!!! so cliched. ugh!!! ballgowns work with african masks??? wtf? go see the movie for an above average storyline and for meryl streep's performance but don't expect to see great fashion.

it's not supposed to be geared solely on fashion. it's more geared towards the industry and from a recent college grad's first time working in the REAL WORLD. B)

Exactly, smartarse. ^_^

I thought the outfits were beautiful. Especially loved Emily's. And all the makeup..

OK, saw it this afternoon!!!!

I thought it was wonderful. It was smart, funny, pretty true to the book, well-cast, visually stimulating (ahh...those clothes!), and even heart-warming.

Meryl could not have been better if she tried. Anne was fantastic and looked beautiful. Stanley Tucci was so cute-- I wanted to take him home with me.

The theater was packed, which I was happy to see. Even the very masculine jockish guy at the ticket window sold me my tickets said, "It's a great movie!" :lol: It won't cure cancer or solve world hunger, but it is a very enjoyable way to spend 2 hours, IMO. :D

I've seen the movie this afternoon and I liked it. Mainly because Meryl Streep was so funny. The casting was great and Anne looks great. The clothes were fine. This movie is unique and a fun chick flick.

so it's not that bad ? :woot: I can't wait to see it, when is it out in Europe, anyone?

indie I don't think it'll come out very soon. Here, it hasn't even been advertised:unsure:

miss-lilly said:
indie I don't think it'll come out very soon. Here, it hasn't even been advertised:unsure:

The good news is that Hollywood is releasing DVDs sooner and sooner...I'd say we'll see it on DVD here in the States by Fall...and once copies are flying around on the 'Net....:woot: :innocent:

Tushka_BeLLa said:
No screenshots?

Here are some production shots from about.com

Also, this is the official movie link: http://www.devilwearspradamovie.com/ It has some fun things, including a fashion quiz called "Fashion 101" on the bottom of the homepage. Check out your scores!

Last edited by a moderator:
More than anything else, I watched this movie for Meryl Streep. She's one of the most gifted working actresses out there right now and she didn't disappoint me in her role as 'the devil'.

Hathaway just rocked the clothes her character eventually started to wear. Very nice 'escape' movie...entertaining and funny. And definitely ABOVE the usual average-to-below-average summer fare.:mohawk:

Loved Miranda's fashion lesson to Andi...hopefully, this will help to educate some of the viewers, too...:wink:

Call me a freak, but I'm ready to watch this movie again...^_^

miss-lilly said:
Does anyone know when it comes out in Europe?
Oh god i hope it comes soon i cant wait to see it but i think it will probably start showing in Europe in early Septembre!:blush:
But i am hoping that becuase it did good in US they just might start showing it sooner!

There were some great songs in the movie I thought, and none of them are on the soundtrack. I tried to Google music from the movie, but came up with nothing. I forgot to stay and watch the end credits for music credits!! Does anyone know where to find music credits for the movie?

and how about the opening song? Does anyone who saw the movie remember what that was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->