The Devil Wears Prada Movie

I can't wait to see it. Here in germany it starts on Oct 19th, sooo long to wait...

Does anyone recognize the the necklace that Emily is wearing in the first scene?

imdb

Attachments

• DWP Imdb 382.jpg
    DWP Imdb 382.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 32
I saw this movie last night and I really liked it a lot. Love the song that was playing in the beginning of the movie when andy was getting ready for her interview. Does anyone know who sings it and where I can get it from?

dlg

Just saw this. great flick but am I the only one that thinks it was over styles- esp. the Andi character? I thought she looked like an old lady in her outfits. There was no spunk or youth in her dress (not that there was before). Loved Emily's outfits. Meryl was divine!

AICN has a really great review:
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23746

the movie was soooo different from the book i couldn't even believe it! i was really dissapointed.

^ you're disappointed? I loved it better than the book. It's the first time in the film industry, the movie was better than the adaptation.

BLIND ITEM (^_^ ) .... The character of EMILY was based on a former Vogue Sr. Assistant who now freelances. Care to take a stab at it? hehe

The song in the opening is "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall. I downloaded it off iTunes and have been listening to it non stop. I love it,

sarah13 said:
The song in the opening is "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall. I downloaded it off iTunes and have been listening to it non stop. I love it,

Me too!!!

I'm going to pick up the full soundtrack today, even though that song is not on it.

I'm wondering myself why KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" was not included. :huh:

...anyhoo, Moby's "Beautiful" is awesome! :woot: B)

Last edited by a moderator:
smartarse said:
^ you're disappointed? I loved it better than the book. It's the first time in the film industry, the movie was better than the adaptation.

BLIND ITEM (^_^ ) .... The character of EMILY was based on a former Vogue Sr. Assistant who now freelances. Care to take a stab at it? hehe

well mainly i was dissapointed that they didn't show more of the relationship between lily and andie, and them moving in together, and also andie's relationship with her family and stuff. i didn't think the movie was horrible or anything but i just wish they could have included more about lily's alcoholism and stuff like that.

I love how they dressed Emily kind of dark and intimidating with dark eye make-up. Almost a bit of goth in her. It was perfect for her character. Anyone know who designed the bolero she is wearing in the opening scene and in post #162?

Igotgoodjeans..the movie doesn't really follow the book. Did you see it yet? Figure that out!? At least you didn't waste your time..the book is one of my fav selections

Devil actress told to look sickly thin!

Actress Emily Blunt was shocked to be told to lose weight for her role in The Devil Wears Prada. "It's the only thing I've ever done where they wanted me to lose weight. This woman asked, 'How much do you weigh?' and when I told her she made a face and said, 'You have to get in shape.' I said, 'Well, really, I think I am in shape," Blunt says. "She shook her head as if to say, 'Poor thing.' So I had to ask just how thin she wanted me to be, she said, 'On-the-edge-of- sickness thin,' so I figured, 'Great, I'll call you from [the Emergency room]."
Credit.celebritynation!

daddyslittlegrl8 said:
I saw this movie last night and I really liked it a lot. Love the song that was playing in the beginning of the movie when andy was getting ready for her interview. Does anyone know who sings it and where I can get it from?

dlg

He daddyslittlegrl8 here is the entire soundtrack list....just get all the songs:wink: so then you are guaranteed to get the one you want...they are all great anyway.

Madonna LyricsVogueBitterSweet LyricsBittersweet FaithU2 LyricsCity of Blinding LightsJamiroquai LyricsSeven Days in Sunny JuneAlanis Morissette LyricsCrazyMoby LyricsBeautifulRay LaMontagne LyricsHow ComeAzure Ray LyricsSleepDJ Colette LyricsFeelin Hypnotized [Remix] Mocean Worker LyricsTres Tres ChicKeenan, Tamra, David Morales LyricsHere I Am [Remix]Theodore Shapiro LyricsSuite from the Devil Wears Prada
0.gif

Saw the movie, liked it, but I too was underwhelmed by the clothes/styling. There were a few good things ... the worst was Andi's victim-y Chanel ensemble when she's making the first delivery to Anna's, I mean Meryl's, house.

fashionista-ta said:
the worst was Andi's victim-y Chanel ensemble when she's making the first delivery to Anna's, I mean Meryl's, house.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dont you just hate when that happens:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm thinking about stealing emily's haircolor next time i make a trip to the salon.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this film, but after I saw the commercial praising Meryl Streep's performance I have to see it.

What was that line about giving it a try and "hiring the smart, fat girl?" :rofl:

sarah13 said:

:woot: I've been searching that song for a while, even before "Prada." Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->