The Hills

purreow* said:
Finally caught up on this past week's episode over the weekend. Does anyone else think Jason might be a coke-head? Just a hunch.

That's so weird that you said that, I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the show because he kept getting up and disappearing, especially with another person. I remember reading some blind item on Eonline about how one of the cast members of LB wasn't on the first season b/c he or she had been in and out of rehab...oh and also I read somewhere that Jessica (take this with a grain of salt b/c she is Jason's ex) said that he just stays home and does drugs all of the time. But to be honest, I really don't want to believe any of this because it is disappointing to find that stuff out.

purreow* said:
Finally caught up on this past week's episode over the weekend. Does anyone else think Jason might be a coke-head? Just a hunch.

Seeing how ugly he is, I think oily chips is his drug of choice.

Yes! I read that, too. It was Jason who wasn't in season 1 b/c of rehab. From past personal experience dealing w/friends, Jason just has all of the signs of drug abuser. Hate to see it because Lauren seems really sweet, but maybe she brings out the best of him throughout the relationship/show and that's how they are staying together.

jennyd80 said:
That's so weird that you said that, I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the show because he kept getting up and disappearing, especially with another person. I remember reading some blind item on Eonline about how one of the cast members of LB wasn't on the first season b/c he or she had been in and out of rehab...oh and also I read somewhere that Jessica (take this with a grain of salt b/c she is Jason's ex) said that he just stays home and does drugs all of the time. But to be honest, I really don't want to believe any of this because it is disappointing to find that stuff out.

^ Man-- I feel so naive and dense because I totally did not pick up on that! It is weird that he always disappears like he does, and he always seems out of it. I always want to scream to him, "Look alive!" :lol:

Jason was in rehab and from the looks of it back on the wagon of drugs ..I have no clue why LC is with him other than his wealth, she is rich, but he must be five times richer for her to stay w/ this loser ;he is not even cute

She did get extremely upset when he kept on leaving and I couldn't figure out why... :huh:

I read that kids on Laguna Beach weren't as rich as they were made out to be. Kristin and LC are supposedly the ones who really have money.

sakina said:
I read that kids on Laguna Beach weren't as rich as they were made out to be. Kristin and LC are supposedly the ones who really have money.

It is so weird because I ALWAYS forget that anyone on this show is supposed to be rich. They have these awesome apartments, expensive cars, and great clothes...yet it never even if something that I think of. Then when I hear that they are rich, it shocks me everytime. I have no idea why. I am a weird girl!!! :lol: What do LC's parents do for a living?

LC's dad is an architect and her mom is in real estate.

Now, if only MTV would *really* go behind the scenes of what is going on with this group of people (Jason, etc) then we'd have a fantastic show on our hands! Don't get me wrong, I love The Hills... but given everything that goes on around them... they are just keeping it safe for TV and the age-group that watches it.

^That's what they did in the first season. The parents had more airtime and they were more involved in the kids' lives. There were a more 'diverse' group of kids.

I like how i.e. Whitney's is a bit quirky not too much like LC. But I don't know what they should do to "The Hills" to make it more interesting. I guess show a different aspect of the city?

^ I meant more along the lines of like, what was Jason doing when he left the table the other night? ...hmmmmm....

We're like 2 epsiodes behind.

Brad: Today, (blahblahblahblahblah) you guys have to travel... (blahblahblahblahblah) and I haven't had lunch. So Heidi, you need to make me a sandwich...

:rofl:

Whitney did good on the runway in tonight's episode considering it was her first time. She did walk a bit fast though, but I am sure she was SOOOO nervous.

The promos for next week look really good!

What is that website Whitney is always looking at on the show-- it has a picture of jean shrimpton my favorite model :smile:

From D Listed

I Love Heidi from The Hills!!!

I was never a Laguna Beach fan, so I don't know why I started watching The Hills, but I'm glad I did! I have fallen in love with the adorable and extremely dumb, Heidi. I mean if you can make LC look smart, you must be dumber than a Nicky Hilton handbag. You can see the wheels in Heidi's head quickly spinning as she tries to remember her lines. This show is soo fake that they should've been up for some acting Emmys. Anyway, here's dumb dumb and LC doing some shopping at Fred Segal. Because girls like this only know how to shop, drink Diet Coke and b*tch.

Maxim Overdrive

20328__Whitney_l.jpg

A CATWALK TO REMEMBER Intern Whitney subbed for a missing model

On ''The Hills,'' Lauren coordinates a fashion show, Whitney gets to do runway, Heidi works a nightclub, and we all learn some important rules about dating and work by Jennifer Armstrong

Oh, the things we learn about life and relationships from the girls on The Hills. Here are just a few of the tenets from this week's episode that will change the way that I, for one, approach travails both personal and professional:

1. There is a right time to give a man the sacred gift of your virtue

Or, as Lauren said of Heidi and Jordan's impending half-year anniversary, ''Do you remember like how big of a deal six months used to be? Like when you were in high school and you were a good girl, like at six months you gave it up.'' This girl so doesn't know Donna from 90210.

2. ''Boyfriends and work don't mix''

Really, I couldn't say it any better than the wise title of the episode itself. And, boy, did Heidi embody this important message this week. Though I would argue that it's Heidi and work that don't mix, she did face a truly devastating situation (even if it was shockingly similar to the pickle Lauren found herself in last week, when a photo shoot conflicted with Jason's birthday:( See, our reluctant little 9-to-6-er finally got her big chance to work the club parties that her event-planning firm runs, but — oh, no! — that promotion, of sorts, kicked in the very same night of the aforementioned watershed anniversary. (Never mind that she'd shown no discernible competence at any task she'd thus far been assigned.)

Lauren had her own boyfriend-work clash when, after Jason spent the night, she straggled in late to set up for an upcoming Teen Vogue-DKNY fashion show. ''We just really need you to be on time,'' Lara, the model-bookings editor, hissed. Lauren kept claiming she was barely five minutes late, and it was hard to tell if everyone was just freaking out for the cameras or if she really was screwing up the works. And is it me, or do these folks rely on their interns an alarming amount?

3. ''No drinking, no Uggs, no flip-flops''

That's from Jen, the nightlife and events producer. She was laying down her ground rules for working the clubs, but I'd say it's an excellent life philosophy as well. She also added, sagely, ''I like girls in heels, but not really heels they can't walk in.'' If only fortune cookies gave such practical advice.

4. Don't date super-creepy dudes

First of all, this little incident wouldn't have happened if Heidi hadn't insisted on inviting Jordan to the club she was working. And second, it wouldn't have happened if Heidi had listened when Jen told her to stay out front and work the door and, specifically, to not go inside the club. All of that idiocy aside, what really gummed up the magic of Heidi and Jordan's anniversary night was that this guy she went out with once — he was literally described on screen as ''Josh, Heidi's ex-date'' — came up and introduced himself to the crazy-jealous Jordan. And he actually said the words, ''She's really good,'' though that wasn't what sent Jordan into a tizzy. He skipped right over that and harped on the fact that the guy said he'd taken Heidi out. And while I think Jordan is psycho-possessive and needs to dial it down about 20 notches, dude was a creepo.

5. When a model doesn't show up for the fashion show you're coordinating, volunteer to walk the runway, especially if you're super-tall and skinny and blond

Intern Whitney and all of her pretty, shiny hair finally got their moment when there was a no-show for the big Teen Vogue event. She got to rock some hot red lipstick, a killer updo, and a cool nautical look under the superbly headsetted and clipboarded direction of Lauren — which, incidentally, seemed to be the first time scary editor Lisa Love and reluctantly friendly editor Blaine gave the girls some serious props. ''So composed, all the time,'' Lisa gushed after Whitney walked. ''You guys did well,'' Blaine told our dynamic duo backstage. ''Given a challenge, you rise.''

And that's exactly why I'm living my life strictly by the Hills rules from now on. And I'm sure that means I'll have pretty blond hair, a spacious apartment with an immaculate pool, and tons of cash to blow on the sickest clubs in L.A. any day now.

What do you think? Have you learned any other important life lessons from the show? Who would you rather go out with, Heidi's ex-date or Lauren's current one? And do you think everyone on the show has been instructed to constantly torture Lauren in very subtle ways?

entertainment weekly

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ... hahaha.. thanks for the article avant garde - so funny!!

I love this show! I downloaded 6 episodes from lauren-conrad.net because they don't show it in the UK :(

lost in kyoto said:
What is that website Whitney is always looking at on the show-- it has a picture of jean shrimpton my favorite model :smile:

I think it's just a MS Word document actually, not a website. I screencapped it anyway. (I hope this is the one you mean).

source: me

Last edited by a moderator:
In tonight's episdode, Lauren gets the Chanel bag for Christmas that she's been toting around all of the previous episodes...I guess we can't really judge at all how her relationship progresses based on the timeline the show creates for us...

Speaking of which, it's so strange to me that Lauren and Jason are still together considering love is the last thing I see in her body language when she's around him.

was anyone else appalled at how he treated her on tonight's episode? and then he apologizes after the new years thing and she automatically forgives him like it was no big deal that he ruined her night! i don't understand her at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->