The Ins and Outs of Attendance at Fashion Week Shows

g_synp

Reaction score
So do we need invitations from the designers or their company in order to go for their catwalk?
If so, what should i do to go for it?

Thank you!

yes, indeed, buyers, press and clients only :wink:

Attending Fashion Shows

Does anyone know how one can attend a runway fashion show in New York? Is it by invite only, if so how. Do we have to pay for a ticket, if so, how much and where it can be retrieved.

If you know how someone can attend a runway show, please post information on here on what you know. Thankyou!!

I really want to attend at least one runway show next february :rolleyes: because I wish to get serious in designing and want to see how it feels like.

Fashion shows tend to be invite only, for people in the industry...However, I have seen people score tickets to shows that have locations outside the tents by waiting around and talking to the PR People. It doesn't always work, but its worth a try. Getting into the tents isn't so easy anymore because they check your invitation at the door, but you can probably find a way to sneak past them...I think there are a few topics like this already, so search those for some more tips...:flower:

Oh it depends what fashion show and what is your job. Most ppl attend fashion shows for free:-) , I mean they even get paid, because of their jobs:-P

I think we have a thread for attending fashion show b4, please also do a quick search!

the normal shows dont cost, they invite you. U must be in the industry heavily to get invited....i cant find the sneaking into a fashion thread however..

Getting Into Fashion Shows

basically you have to be on the list of the P.R. companies that rep the designers, and then when fashion week comes around you get invites by email or by mail about a week before the shows. You RSVP, you go to the Venue, Find your name on the list by whoever is manning the list, and get in. Ussually there are complimentary drinks and gift bags with shwag. And yes, some people actually get paid to attend the shows, the ones who get paid ussually work for magazines, the other people in the audience include stylists, celebrities, scenesters, rich kids...whoever...

I've heard that regular customers get invited too, is that true?

^ Customers do get invited, only if they have spent a lot of money though. One of my neighbours has been to Vuitton for the past four seasons. I have been invited to Chloe, Marni and Celine before... :flower:

Wow, I better start spending some money then, hehe. How much do you think you would have to spend, at least? Thank you :smile:

Ieva said:
Wow, I better start spending some money then, hehe. How much do you think you would have to spend, at least? Thank you :smile:

At Vuitton, it is around one hundred thousand pounds (possibly much more), which sounds alot, but a complete customised luggage collection costs more than fifty thousand pounds. As for other brands, I would say a few ten thousand pounds in a season, bought from major boutiques, and get to know the senior staff. Using bespoke services, trunks shows etc. will also go in your favour... :flower:

It's a lot easier if you're in the industry, but like people have previously mentioned, if you spend a lot of money on their clothes then you have a chance of getting invited.

That's just a bit more money then I have right now, ah well, someday.

Do other well known fashion designers get invited to other designers shows? For example, would Marc Jacobs be invited to the Prada Show?

I've always wanted to attend NY Fashion week also, if you have absolutely no connections whatsoever, is there any way you can write to the store and ask for tickets?

Selene Darkheart said:
I've always wanted to attend NY Fashion week also, if you have absolutely no connections whatsoever, is there any way you can write to the store and ask for tickets?

I'm sure you can do whatever you want, but why would they want to give tickets to some random person when they could be using them on people who are in the industry, you know? :(

Yeah ... first they want the big fashion magazine editors and big name stylists there who can help publicize the line, then the store buyers who will sell the line and celebs (fashion industry and others) to get the press for more PR for the line. Once all those people are in, then the people who work for or know these people are in .. because .... just because the big shots get as many tickets as they want ... a lot of the times. Then crew (makeup artists, hair stylists, fashion stylists, dressers, etc.) gets some tickets, sometimes. Then, if all the seats are not filled the rest of us get in with pretty so-so credentials. But the designers in the tents are in such demand ... that they really never need to fill seats .... they have to turn hundreds away.

It's a bit easier in L.A. so far (same people put L.A. FAshion week on, so it's very similar ... just lower level designers). I've been able to get in through some of the designer's PR people ... if I've used the line in an editorial during the year or from makeup artists the I've worked with that are working the show. It gets harder every year in L.A. because we are gettting some bigger designers now ... and that trend seems to be continuing.

Fashion Shows

Hey
:ermm:
Does anyone know of any up and coming fashion show dates, peferably in the UK?
Please help, I've been dying to go for ages but have never got the dates in time!! :blush:
Thank you
XLeonieX

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->