The Photography Contest Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
779274254_03c768acfe.jpg

A little fun with a flashlight and tripod

^ That's ingenious! I've been actually wanting to try that after reading about it in a photography magazine. I did experiment with it a bit but it didn't turn out as desired. You got a great shot!

thank you, you can faintly see the person painting the light by the arrow. it was much simpler than I thought it would be. With a timer setting, I think it could be fairly easy to do it by yourself (at night, or in a dark room)

:smile:

I'll judge tomorrow or saturday, so if there any more participants post up ^_^

winner issssss......... fourboltmain!

photocontest1.jpg

some comments/feedback:

fourboltmain - this pic just has so much swagger. very, very good portrait, perfect vibe.
seanutbutter - very cheery pic, this could be in some brochure for sure. slightly higher quality would make it better.
yellowetpink - this looks like the type of pic people look at and go "oooh do you remember this!", looks like fun
Sweets - I love the washed out colors, a very good portrait, second favorite from the bunch.
PerfectPerfect - very cool pic, nicely executed!
kate is goddess - looks like it could be in an advertisement of some sort, nice casual portrait.
Mojopin - cool pic, I know you were probably going for that effect, but maybe just a tiny bit too over exposed

whats the story with the pic by the way? the guy looks oddly familiar..

i forgot about this thread.. can't wait for the next challenge, congrats fourboltmain!

hmph, i guess if im going to be dominated by someone it might as well be you... well congrats!^_^

Oh wow, I was just in the right place at the right time for that shot. The guy is Neil, we call him Nasty Neil at work, if you knew him, you'd know why. Anyway, we're always short staffed in a kick *** restaurant, so we work double shifts with a couple hours of play time between shifts. So we went to Neil's house, cracked a couple beers and smoked and listened to music until we went back in. These were taken with a 1964 Pentax Spotmatic 35mm camera. He knew I was going to shoot, but he didn't know when, so I asked him a question, he turned and SNAP. Got him.

All those other shots up there are great too, people are the hardest thing to shoot and capturing emotion and attitude is even harder. Next topic will be up eventually. Thank you all.

OK, I got an idea. It's Halloween time and I've been playing with different films and weird environments and on the way home from work today this popped into my head. Your topic this time is 'Ghost.' Werewolves, witches and other creepy things are good too. And cheesy, vintage horror vibes tug at my heart strings.

If you can can manually control your cameras, try double exposures or even long exposures for different effects. Time will be given for anyone planning on using film, of course. Here's a shot I experimented with using Ilford 3200 ISO film on a haunted road:

Quick quasi-double exposure tip: Set your exposure time long, let's say 6 seconds. Have a friend stand in the frame, shoot picture. Quickly cover lens with big black card, have friend jump out of frame and then remove the card from the lens and let the shutter close.

Get crackin'. This is not so much about the subject, it's more about the actual structure of the photo, so imagine me ripping on you as you shoot. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^nice theme / challenge! I don't know if I'll have time to actually take a photo for it, but maybe I'll find one in my archives :shifty:

hmmm.....i gotta get thinkin on this one, cool theme hehe i love halloween

It's not the most creative photo, but I just don't have time for anything else right now, sorry :doh:

Oh, you got time. I'm merciful. I want you to do that again, but this time with a tripod. If you have no tripod, lay a book or something on the camera, just keep it perfectly still. I'll be back later with another cool lighting trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loewe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->