The Photography Contest Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun theme :evil:

Muhahahahaha
1798475284_3fca137d32.jpg

I love halloween

Fine, I admit it. I suck, it's been like 3 weeks. :ninja: But hey, we got a couple more entries!

kate_is_goddess: You got the right idea, but you need a tripod to keep the background blurry. If you can't get a hold of one, you can stick the camera in a shoe to keep it steady. That's a little gangsta photo trick. I'm liking the motion in this picture, you call tell it's human, but distorted.

Mojopin: What the hell IS that? I like it, it looks like smoke or something. I love the contrast and the grainy-ness of it all. It almost looks like a gas mask to me.

seanutbutter: This is what I'm talking about, excellent work. I'll assume that's you hugging a cat in there? Excellent shot, I couldn't see it at first, so it works. You tols me how you did it in a PM and it was perfect to a 't.'

supreme*: Is that a human shape I see in the window? I like the warm color sticking out against the cool surroundings.

Mojopin: This second one is awesome. Was this a reversed image of your shadow? GREAT shot, creepy as all hell.

KAVOON: I like how I got two ghosts in this one. The sharp phone in the background against the blurry people is beautiful. The color being a little sepia-ish makes it look vintage too, which I love. Try burning the midtones in Photoshop if you want to pop yourself out more in the pictures.

greeen: I'm diggin the silohuette, sometimes the creepiest things are shadows we think we see in the night. I think this would look killer if you converted it to black and white and bumped up the contrast a bit. It'll give the curtains texture.

Dizzydi: This is excellent 'monster' lighting. See how weird it looks with the eye sockets being filled in? It just got chilly in here. The flashlight reminds me of geeky ghost stories around campfires.

yellowetpink: What the hell did you do? I love it. Is that inverted infrared? I don't know how you did the effect, but the hand next to the phone is disturbing, but disturbing JUST right. You have to tell me how you did this.

Well, as usual it's hard to judge. I thought I'd make it easier on myself by choosing 2 people, one to pick a topic, the other to judge. But that's still hard. My whole goal of this topic was to get you guys to think outside the box and maybe learn a little something about your cameras, which I believe a few of you did. Photo is nothing more than controlling light, and the way you use your light dictates how your pictures come out. That said, I got two people in line here. This is SO hard, because 5 of these are SO nice, solid shots.

Mojopin picks the next topic, and KAVOON judges the pictures. You all kick ***.

One of the reasons I took so long was because I was editing my own ghost pictures for a class, this is one of them:

I used infrared film with a red filter over the lens and a slow shutter speed while she moved her arms up slowly. The shutter speed was about 1/4 of a second I think. The lights came off a Camaro I parked at the edge of a cliff. The camera is a OLD 60's Pentax 35mm on a tripod. If you guys have any questions, go ahead and PM me about them.

This next one I just had her walk across the road and snapped it when she came into the lens:

Last edited by a moderator:
:brows:
WELDONE :D

Great judging!

I really didn't do much, I used my old wooden sideboard for the background, and some red lisptick and an old phone.
I just positioned it all and then I painted my hand red and slided it down the wood (probably best to use paint though, as it's quite hard to clean :lol:).
Then I got my light and just moved it about a bit just to find the right "creepyness". & I just snapped, snapped snapped!
Then I went onto the laptop to see if they were crap or what, and I was mucking about with making it b/w etc and found that it looked quite effective in negative. So there you go!
Thanks though! :D:D:D:D Also thanks for the karma :blush::flower:

Great judging - definitely worth the wait! This was an interesting theme which produced many equally interesting pictures, all of which are suiting for October 31st. :shifty:

great judgement, i like that you really dig in the details, such a feedback is more than helpful, so thanks a lot.

to answer your question: the first picture was a rose, i thought it was nice to shoot something romantic and beautiful and turn it into sth creepy.

as it is really late (3 in the morning, i ll think of a topic tomorrow). good night you all

love this thread. hope we can make it a little more known on tfs.

love the new theme !

thanks for the feedbacks fourboltmain !

A larger than life dollhouse (Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle).

1459783436_a1794d1eaa.jpg

I hope my picture counts :unsure: the castle on the right hand side reminded me of an old time fairy tale ^_^.

Attachments

• P8310044.jpg
    P8310044.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49