The Secret Shopaholics Thread #6

I'm so obsessed with red lately ...
just bought a bunch of red tops ...

:blush:

still can't find the right red dress though :huh:

I was at a Cubs game a few weeks back, seated next to a group of middle-aged former frat boys from Vanderbilt (it’s a fratty, preppy university in the South) who were in the midst of a reunion (all dressed in head-to-toe Ralph Lauren pastels). The hipster beer vendor was mocking their matching outfits/“uniforms” to their face while pouring their drinks. This completely made my day.

:innocent:

My laptop died about a month ago, so I had my friend build me a desktop with a 27" screen....

-CC-9011134-WW-Gallery-280X-BLK-01.png

corsair.com
6293714cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

bestbuy.com

-CH-9127114-NA-Gallery-Gallery-16.png

corsair.com

I don't know why I used laptops for a decade, but I'm never going back....

Digital subscriptions to the NY Times and the New Yorker bc free online news sites seem relatively lacking in depth (and now it's easy to read digital periodicals with a large desktop monitor)....

thanks so much for thinking of me!!!!
:heart:

the United Arrows selection is really interesting...
so many brands I am not familiar with that seem to have the sort of aesthetic that appeals to me...
must explore these brands further...

:bounce:

I was at a Cubs game a few weeks back, seated next to a group of middle-aged former frat boys from Vanderbilt (it’s a fratty, preppy university in the South) who were in the midst of a reunion (all dressed in head-to-toe Ralph Lauren pastels). The hipster beer vendor was mocking their matching outfits/“uniforms” to their face while pouring their drinks. This completely made my day.

:innocent:
that's the sort of thing I do...lol
my friend recently told me that she thinks someone is going to punch me in the face someday...
I firmly believe that the reason no one has punched me yet is because they know I'm right...
I'm not telling them anything they don't already know...

LOL

^ Love the Doucal's shoes :wub: Nice to see something a bit different in a man's shoe.

It looks like I haven't posted in this thread since last year :wink: Recent purchases ...

yoox, nordstrom, neimanmarcus, stitchfix, saks
Brunello purple.jpg High denim jacket.jpg
Eileen Fisher black.jpg
Brunello coral.jpg

Vivier coral.jpg
Joe's black.jpg
Free People.jpg
Lakeview rose.jpg
Ganni leopard.jpeg
Iris black.jpg
Cosmic Blue Love yellow.jpg
Eileen Fisher peacock.jpg

from a charity auction (in the Netherlands of all places:(
this Lacoste shirt signed and donated by Novak Djokovic (incidentally, if this were early 2017, then that shirt woulda been Uniqlo.... he changes sponsors a lot)

novak signed shirt for pole position.jpg
stichtingpoleposition.nl

Last edited:
A book - The B-stard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak - that I bought solely because I thought it was pretty. Wayyyy too many books off Abebooks in general, I have a weakness for old editions and my pile is getting rather large:eek: ..also a bunch of the V&A editions of children's books even though I don't have and never intend to have children....I have a real problem with excessive book-buying, they're small and relatively cheap and REALLY easy to shove somewhere and forget about :ninja:

images

adidas - stan smith trefoil

Stan_Smith_Shoes_Green_BD7439_41_detail.jpg

adidas.com
BD7438_SLC_eComAS.tif

adidas.com

adidas - superstar

Superstar_Shoes_Black_BD7430_01_standard.jpg

adidas.com

us open souvenir tee and shorts - polo by rl

s7-1337050_lifestyle

ralphlauren.com