The Social Network

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by chicandcool, Jul 16, 2010.

1. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

The movie about the founders of Facebook.

Not gonna lie, I'm really excited to see this. The trailer's really good and has me intrigued. And it's directed by David Fincher. Enough said. :wink:

Teaser Trailer 2

2. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

I'm intrigued by this movie, but I fear it'll be a let down.

When people hear there's a movie about Facebook, they'll all go but I doubt it'll be of any good. -_-

3. Over the Sea

Over the Sea place your body here

I'll give anything by David Fincher a chance, but I a movie about facebook...I dunno :lol:

4. miast

miast New Member

Doesn't look like my thing at all.
    Very good use of 'Creep' though.

5. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

^ agreed. It gave me chills. The cover is by the Vega Choir by the way if anyone wants to know.

6. xerq

xerq !

this looks so dumb. for god's sake it's facebook!:rofl:

7. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

Yeah, but almost everyone and their mother is on it so there's no doubt that this will definitely pique people's curiosity.

BTW, I just found out Trent Reznor is doing the score. This should be good.

8. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

It's darker than I thought and I love that cover of Creep!

9. sobriquet87

sobriquet87 New Member

This actually looks really good. It's not what I was expecting at all. And I had no idea David 'freakin' Fincher was directing it. I can't wait to see it.

Jesse Eisenberg is a new favorite of mine. :D

10. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

I like the look of this although I was skeptical when I herd it was about the creation of Facebook. Don't you think its a little too soon to be creating a movie about the guys who created this site? I mean it hasn't even been around for ten years or anything and technology moves so fast these days that my only fear is this movie will end up dating itself.

11. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

New Trailer

12. snowqueen

snowqueen New Member

I dont get it is it a doccumentary type film bout facebook?? like fastfood nation type of thing or is it an actuall film made up around facebook?? either way it sounds pritty direif im honnest but admit ill watch it (probally when it makes tv) just out of curiosity really, adn im sure it will get the viewing ratings of people for the same reason...

13. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

^ From what I understand it is an actual film about the creation of Facebook however its based off of the founders personal experiences. It has a pretty good cast so I expect I'll probably go to the theaters to see it, I mean Jesse Eisenburg is in it, and he was great in his recent films.

14. tuttyfruit

tuttyfruit Member

it seems a bit too early to make a film on facebook (or its founders...). the idea seems so dumb but the final project itself doesn't seem that bad... still skeptical, though.

15. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

THE FIRST REVIEW [THE SOCIAL NETWORK] “Splendid Entertainment From a Master Storyteller”

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Weeks before David Fincher’s[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]The Social Network[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] is set to premiere at the New York Film Festival, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Variety/LA Weekly/Village Voice film critic turned film programer [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Scott Foundas[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] is the first person to see[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] Fincher[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]’s [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]The Social Network[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] and go on record about the film. What did he think? Well he liked it, he liked it quite a lot in fact he compares it to the likes of [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]All the President’s Men[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]The Great Gatsby[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif], stating its “[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Quentin [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Tarantino[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] crossed with Bill Gates.” [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]In a lengthy review/philosophical musing posted on the NYFF’s [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Film Comment[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] website Foundas says that the film is rife with suspense and challenges the modern day notions of friendship and isolation:
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Foundas’ opinion may be slightly influenced by the fact that The Social Network is opening the New York Film Festival and Foundas is acting as associate director of said festival, but his praise for the film is well-articulated and seemingly genuine.

scriptflags.com
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

16. indepwe

indepwe New Member

I have a feeling it will be a big let down and I am not one of those people that are so obsessed with Facebook that I will watch a movie based on it :|

17. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

twitter.com/rottentomatoes:

18. simons

simons Member

im really surprised with the reception of this film. there's oscar buzz, like seriously. will have to see for myself.. side note: i swear if timberlake gets an oscar nom :lol: the other actors look promising though.

19. chicandcool

chicandcool New Member

^ LOL IKR? Like seriously, Justin Timberlake? I mean, I love the dude, but him getting an Oscar nom is just so far-fetched. :lol:

I think at the most, the movie could garner a Best Screenplay nom or a Best Director nom for Fincher. But we'll have to see. :smile:

20. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Justin Timberlake is actually a pretty good actor, though I must admit I'm really shocked at how positive a reception this film has received so far!