The Social Network

chicandcool

Reaction score
The movie about the founders of Facebook.

Not gonna lie, I'm really excited to see this. The trailer's really good and has me intrigued. And it's directed by David Fincher. Enough said. :wink:

Teaser Trailer 2

I'm intrigued by this movie, but I fear it'll be a let down.

When people hear there's a movie about Facebook, they'll all go but I doubt it'll be of any good. -_-

I'll give anything by David Fincher a chance, but I a movie about facebook...I dunno :lol:

Doesn't look like my thing at all.
Very good use of 'Creep' though.

^ agreed. It gave me chills. The cover is by the Vega Choir by the way if anyone wants to know.

this looks so dumb. for god's sake it's facebook!:rofl:

Yeah, but almost everyone and their mother is on it so there's no doubt that this will definitely pique people's curiosity.

BTW, I just found out Trent Reznor is doing the score. This should be good.

It's darker than I thought and I love that cover of Creep!

This actually looks really good. It's not what I was expecting at all. And I had no idea David 'freakin' Fincher was directing it. I can't wait to see it.

Jesse Eisenberg is a new favorite of mine. :D

I like the look of this although I was skeptical when I herd it was about the creation of Facebook. Don't you think its a little too soon to be creating a movie about the guys who created this site? I mean it hasn't even been around for ten years or anything and technology moves so fast these days that my only fear is this movie will end up dating itself.

I dont get it is it a doccumentary type film bout facebook?? like fastfood nation type of thing or is it an actuall film made up around facebook?? either way it sounds pritty direif im honnest but admit ill watch it (probally when it makes tv) just out of curiosity really, adn im sure it will get the viewing ratings of people for the same reason...

^ From what I understand it is an actual film about the creation of Facebook however its based off of the founders personal experiences. It has a pretty good cast so I expect I'll probably go to the theaters to see it, I mean Jesse Eisenburg is in it, and he was great in his recent films.

it seems a bit too early to make a film on facebook (or its founders...). the idea seems so dumb but the final project itself doesn't seem that bad... still skeptical, though.

THE FIRST REVIEW [THE SOCIAL NETWORK] “Splendid Entertainment From a Master Storyteller”

[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Weeks before David Fincher’s[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]The Social Network[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] is set to premiere at the New York Film Festival, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Variety/LA Weekly/Village Voice film critic turned film programer [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Scott Foundas[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] is the first person to see[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] Fincher[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]’s [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]The Social Network[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] and go on record about the film. What did he think? Well he liked it, he liked it quite a lot in fact he compares it to the likes of [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]All the President’s Men[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]The Great Gatsby[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif], stating its “[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Quentin [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Tarantino[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] crossed with Bill Gates.” [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]In a lengthy review/philosophical musing posted on the NYFF’s [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Film Comment[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif] website Foundas says that the film is rife with suspense and challenges the modern day notions of friendship and isolation:
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This is very rich material for a movie on such timeless subjects as power and privilege, and such intrinsically 21st-century ones as the migration of society itself from the real to the virtual sphere—and David Fincher’s The Social Network is big and brash and brilliant enough to encompass them all. … But just as All the President’s Men—a seminal film for Fincher and a huge influence on his Zodiac—was less interested by the Watergate case than by its zeitgeist-altering ripples, so too is The Social Network devoted to larger patterns of meaning. It is a movie that sees how any social microcosm, if viewed from the proper angle, is no different from another—thus the seemingly hermetic codes of Harvard University become the foundation for a global online community that is itself but a reflection of the all-encompassing high-school cafeteria from which we can never escape. And it owes something to The Great Gatsby, too, in its portrait of a self-made outsider marking his territory in the WASP jungle. … The writing is razor-sharp and rarely makes a wrong step, compressing a time-shifting, multi-character narrative into two lean hours, and, perhaps most impressively, digests its big ideas into the kind of rapid-fire yet plausible dialogue that sounds like what hyper computer geeks might actually say (or at least wish they did:( Quentin Tarantino crossed with Bill Gates. … The Social Network is splendid entertainment from a master storyteller, packed with energetic incident and surprising performances (not least from Justin Timberlake as Napster founder Sean Parker, who’s like Zuckerberg’s flamboyant, West Coast id). It is a movie of people typing in front of computer screens and talking in rooms that is as suspenseful as any more obvious thriller. But this is also social commentary so perceptive that it may be regarded by future generations the way we now look to Gatsby for its acute distillation of Jazz Age decadence.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Foundas’ opinion may be slightly influenced by the fact that The Social Network is opening the New York Film Festival and Foundas is acting as associate director of said festival, but his praise for the film is well-articulated and seemingly genuine.

scriptflags.com
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I have a feeling it will be a big let down and I am not one of those people that are so obsessed with Facebook that I will watch a movie based on it :|

im really surprised with the reception of this film. there's oscar buzz, like seriously. will have to see for myself.. side note: i swear if timberlake gets an oscar nom :lol: the other actors look promising though.

^ LOL IKR? Like seriously, Justin Timberlake? I mean, I love the dude, but him getting an Oscar nom is just so far-fetched. :lol:

I think at the most, the movie could garner a Best Screenplay nom or a Best Director nom for Fincher. But we'll have to see. :smile:

Justin Timberlake is actually a pretty good actor, though I must admit I'm really shocked at how positive a reception this film has received so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"