The Social Network

One thing I'm curious about:
are you allowed to make a movie based on real people and a real company using actual names but without adhering to truths and facts all the time?

I watched this a couple of weeks ago and wasn't disappointed at all... Especially because I wasn't expecting a great movie :lol: Anyways I'd recommend it to anyone who's on facebook, it's nice to know the story behind it. (and also for those who like Andrew Garfield as much as me :lol::heart:)

are you allowed to make a movie based on real people and a real company using actual names but without adhering to truths and facts all the time?

i'm not sure... if you're claiming that the film is an exact depiction of how things went down in reality then you have to adhere to the facts, but the social network does not claim that. i've seen a couple of interviews with the people involved in the film and they didn't deny that it's fiction (or at least parts of it)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw it, I was expecting something grander given the reviews and awards nominations... imo, it´s not a bad seudo-documentary-movie but as a film I didn´t find anything remarkable in the photography or direction. Eisenberg was great but imo he´s great in the movies I´ve seen so far anyway, Garfield was a nice surprise and I´d like to see more of him, Timberlake should stick to music and doing comedy on SNL. Reznor´s music was nice and creepy-ish :smile:

So yeah, it won Best Picture at the Golden Globes (along with some other bunch of awards)...

While I do like TSN, I personally believe Inception was snubbed. :( I do hope it gets some recognition at the Oscars (although I do have a scary feeling that the Academy will be all over TSN).

I like the movie but I was surprised to know they won as Best Picture. :huh: And I'll be even more surprised if they get the Oscar as well.

I've watched the movie twice now and there's one bit that always irks me. It's the bit where Mark and co move to California and Sean Parker shows up. I've always wondered was he really "helping his girlfriend move" or did he stalk Mark to California?

Yes I know it's most probably fictional but that bit has always bugged me.

TSN bagged 8 Oscar nods. Let's bet on what it's going to win? :P

Best picture

* "Black Swan"
* "The Fighter"
* "Inception"
* "The Kids Are All Right"
* "The King’s Speech"
* "127 Hours"
* "The Social Network"
* "Toy Story 3"
* "True Grit"
* "Winter’s Bone"

Actor

* Javier Bardem, "Biutiful"
* Jeff Bridges, "True Grit"
* Jesse Eisenberg, "The Social Network"
* Colin Firth, "The King's Speech"
* James Franco, "127 Hours"

Director

* Darren Aronofsky, "Black Swan"
* David O. Russell, "The Fighter"
* Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech"
* David Fincher, "The Social Network"
* Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "True Grit"

Adapted screenplay

* "127 Hours"
* "The Social Network"
* "Toy Story 3"
* "True Grit"
* "Winter’s Bone"

Cinematography

* “Black Swan”
* “Inception”
* “The King's Speech”
* “The Social Network”
* “True Grit”

Film editing

* "Black Swan"
* "The Fighter"
* "The King's Speech"
* "127 Hours"
* "The Social Network"

Sound mixing

* “Inception”
* “The King's Speech”
* “Salt”
* “The Social Network”
* “True Grit”

Original score

* “How to Train Your Dragon”
* “Inception”
* “The King's Speech”
* “127 Hours”
* “The Social Network”

Yes. Just check out every film Oliver Stone has ever made. :P

Great movie, great score, Jesse was adorable, Andrew was great, but it's made me hate Facebook. Whether or not the movie stuck to all the facts, the lawsuits depicted really did happen.

Couldn't these immature boys work out anything between themselves? Guess not. :blink:

^Yeah now that I think of it a lot of movies are dramatizations of real events one way or another. It just never occurred to me to question the technicality of things^_^.

As long as it wins best screenplay, I'll be happy. I have eternal love for Aaron Sorkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->