The Ugliest Shoes You've Seen Apr 2003 - Jul 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna grab something for meal but I lost my appetite when I looked at those shoes...

These shoes from the Nina Ricci FW 09 collection are DISGUSTING.
riccfw09shoes.jpg

(nymag.com)

My biggest problem with the Ricci shoes (despite the fact that they are ugly as hell), is that the only purpose they serve is to shock. They don't enhance the collection, they don't speak to the inspiration of the collection, they don't accentuate the clothes...they're just there to shock.

To be honest, I'm getting so tired of 'extreme' shoes. It's just getting so old and contrived. That's why the Prada gladiator mary janes were so appealing to me this season...because they were a nice, sturdy shoe with some gorgeous detailing. They didn't need platforms, they didn't need laws of physics, etc., they were just a great pair of shoes.

^Oh, Im so the opposite Dior_Couture!! Although I agree with you about the shoes that seem to try to defy the laws of nature with their strange heels(....ahem!.......Louis Vuitton and Dior.....ahem) I LOVE hardcore shoes, they spice up an outfit so dramatically. Like they can so easily toughen up a collection and make models look like they're sent from hell. The ones that always come to mind are the Rodarte-Laboutin shoes from fall 08. Those were vicious.

My biggest problem with the Ricci shoes (despite the fact that they are ugly as hell), is that the only purpose they serve is to shock. They don't enhance the collection, they don't speak to the inspiration of the collection, they don't accentuate the clothes...they're just there to shock.

To be honest, I'm getting so tired of 'extreme' shoes. It's just getting so old and contrived. That's why the Prada gladiator mary janes were so appealing to me this season...because they were a nice, sturdy shoe with some gorgeous detailing. They didn't need platforms, they didn't need laws of physics, etc., they were just a great pair of shoes.

i COULDN'T have said it better myself. i totally agree on everything you've said, esp. on the 'shock effect' of the nina ricci shoes.

Those Nina Riccis are absolutely revolting. The Cavallis? Ditto.

I disagree completely about the nina ricci shoes. i think they were needed for the romantic interpretation of rocker glam chic the collection had going on. now as for the rest i fully agree.

^^The thing is though, those shoes could have looked 'fierce' without that horrible platform...that glam rock look could have been achieved just the same with a pair of glittered stiletto pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->