'The Undereye Thread' concealers, and tips that you must know !

VersaceGirl said:
since i dont have Laura Mercier here where i live, is there any other concealer that doesnt look cakey and covers the black under the eyes?

You can get Laura Mercier via Amazon.com (look under the category : Beauty Beta and do a search for Laura Mercier) :flower:

You can also shop via Laura Mercier's site : http://www.lauramercier.com

another thing..

From Style.com's Beauty forum

Depends on the cause of the circles
Re:
empty.gif
how to remove dark circle (neelima)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:53:45 GMT

based on your name, I assume you are South Asian. Many South Asians have dark circles due to pigmentation - not lack of sleep, allergies or other environmental causes. This is hereditary so it cannot be "cured". The best thing for dark circles like yours is to find a good lightweight concealer, or speak to a dermatologist about prescription whitening/lightening products. If it is pigment related, there is no cream or lotion you can buy from a makeup counter that will get rid of the circles. They might cover them up, but cannot change your pigmentation because they only penetrate the upper layer of your skin.

Touche éclat! I wouldn't be able to live without it!

Alura said:
Touche éclat! I wouldn't be able to live without it!

Another vote for YSL Touche Eclat. :heart:

It's natural-looking, never cakes or settles into fine lines, and the packaging is very convenient and pretty!

12037U.jpg

I use the Boots No. 7 one. Its just like YSL Touche Eclat, I have had both and I can honestly say I prefer Boots one.

Its great, covers up dark lines / rings, doesnt crease. Its great. Me and my mum both use it.

Its only about £8 aswell.

I use sisley concealer and its good. I use La Mer eye balm and it's pretty good too.

What is the correct way of applying cream concealer? Do I use a brush or fingertips? How do I blend to get the perfect coverage and how much to use? Is there a special brush for concealer?

mademoiselle_w said:
What is the correct way of applying cream concealer? Do I use a brush or fingertips? How do I blend to get the perfect coverage and how much to use? Is there a special brush for concealer?

There are so many different cream concealers out there...in varying degrees of liquid..pasty..firm etc..that it really depends on the product and what works best for you and your skin.

There are special brushes that you can buy..MAC makes some, and so does Laura Mercier among others, if you use fingertips..use your ring-finger..compared to applying concealer w. your other fingers..you have a harder time smudging as opposed to dapping the conceal on (which is the way to do it!!).
How much you use again depends on the type of concealer. I usually apply the conceal to my hand (warms it up that way) before applying it to my face.
Prepping the area you want to apply concealer to is also important (eyecream etc) and w. certain concealers you might want to try applying a layer of concealer then add a thin layer of powder and add another thin layer of concealer...

Thanks guys for this thread :flower: I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, and find that sleep isn't even that helpful. I don't really wear make-up, so I'd like to avoid a concealer. Does anyone have any suggestions for creams? Thanks :flower: I recently saw that L'occitane has an Imortelle eye balm. Has anyone used this? Does it work? Thanks :flower:
http://usa.loccitane.com/product/pr...C296041E5C4537A98C02D495286DF0BF5C7CAD41BA7D9

Hanne said:
There are so many different cream concealers out there...in varying degrees of liquid..pasty..firm etc..that it really depends on the product and what works best for you and your skin.

There are special brushes that you can buy..MAC makes some, and so does Laura Mercier among others, if you use fingertips..use your ring-finger..compared to applying concealer w. your other fingers..you have a harder time smudging as opposed to dapping the conceal on (which is the way to do it!!).
How much you use again depends on the type of concealer. I usually apply the conceal to my hand (warms it up that way) before applying it to my face.
Prepping the area you want to apply concealer to is also important (eyecream etc) and w. certain concealers you might want to try applying a layer of concealer then add a thin layer of powder and add another thin layer of concealer...

Thank you Hanne :smile:

But when I try to dap, it turns out blotchy. So I try to even it out by sweeping it away, ended up erasing the concelear. Does using a brush or fingertip give better coverage?

mademoiselle_w said:
Thank you Hanne :smile:

But when I try to dap, it turns out blotchy. So I try to even it out by sweeping it away, ended up erasing the concelear. Does using a brush or fingertip give better coverage?

Maybe you're using too much at once ?
Are you heating the concealer up before you apply it ?
You haven't said wether your eye area is dry, line-y or easily turns oily..maybe you need to prep. your eye area before applying concealer ?
Maybe the type of concealer isn't working to your advantage..you could always try and play around w. a few different once at your local cosmetics counter ?

I don't think there is a cut and dry answer to wether a brush or fingertips are the best way to apply concealer..it all depends on the concealer and what you feel most comfortable using. :flower:

^ My eyes are slightly dry, and I use eye balm before applying the cocealer. Anyhow, thanks for the advice :smile:

meowmix said:
Does anyone know of anything that does the trick for dark undereye circles, but with a bit of a sheen or sparkle to it to brighten it up?

A few days ago I was watching Kill Bill Vol 1 in DVD and it features an interview with Uma Thurman. Uma has small bags under her eyes which I find VERY sexy and attractive. But I also noticed that she had something shiny in the inside corner of the eye, I mean down.... almost to the middle of the eye, in this sort of "channel" most women with undereye bags have.
It had a very great effect, it gave light to her eyes.
So....I tried painting a itsy bitsy little-tiny stripe of cream pearly-peachy eyeshadow, and then blending it in with my concealer...and it looked AWESOME!
It really wakes you up, and if you´re subtle and mix it really well, nobody can tell what the trick is...:innocent:

I usually wear Nars, or Touche Eclat, or Dior, or Mac (I´m a concealer addict), and I used an old shiny Mac paint that comes in a tube.Then I setted the whole thing with some Rimmel loose powder that I adore....ultra minimal quantity, witha square sponge.

I always place a little shiny cream eyeshadow in the inside corner of the eye, but this trick is really GREAT for people with puffy or baggy undereyes.

I hope I could post a pic...

Somebody does know about a specific product...I mean like a concealer with some sheen? Or can post the instructions given by makeup artists referring to this trick?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Interesting observation, newprincesita

I use Revlon skinlights concealer. The reason I can go for a cheaper store brand is because my undereye regions aren't too bad... usually just a bit of color is good enough to cover up any purple or dark areas. I don't really get bags.

Kimbyanne said:
I use the Boots No. 7 one. Its just like YSL Touche Eclat, I have had both and I can honestly say I prefer Boots one.

Its great, covers up dark lines / rings, doesnt crease. Its great. Me and my mum both use it.

Its only about £8 aswell.

i switched to the boots no. 7 one to and also find it better and more cost effective for me.:woot:

i love the packaging its so easy which is great for me since im stupid and over tired in the morning. and it makes my eyes look great like i did actually sleep the night before!:lol:

neutrogena undereye concealer stuff . . . .the best. i've got major undereye circles and find this is the best thing i've ever used .

it has a cooling sensation that lasts almost an hour and takes away the puffyniess and the coverage is light but thourough, not cakey

nornor

Try Cover FX - it has saved me!

i had dark blue under-eye triangles (hereditary), and hyperpigmentation on my upper cheeks
THEN due to an incompetent nit-wit dermatologist, both markings have become severe - ie. now they're purple and are permanent. :cry:
They're so bad that that people thought i was an abused woman. :shock:

i went nuts trying a gazillion products, some getting close to being perfect, but no prize... and i was so depressed about it - feeling horridly ugly ... but
after a whole lot of searching - i've found my answer = Cover FX. :woot:

It's Canadian - developed by doctors for people recovering from burns/surgeries, and is available on a website (google it and you can find it) - or if you're in Canada - some Shopper's Drug Mart beauty counters. ^_^

It's approximately $40 CAD (+ the brush $40 CAD again) and i swear it is totally worth it. Gives you perfect coverage without looking fake or looking like makeup. It's not cakey, not drying, not pasty, not chalky. If you've got super-oily skin you may need some sort of mattifier perhaps (i don't have oily skin, so i'm guessing) or you may just have to get the setting powder - which is awesome. i think you could also use some other brand's blotting powder to set it also (eg. MAC's blotting powder etc).

Getting the brush is worth it, but if you can't afford it right away, the puff and your fingers can tide you over awhile. Only a little bit is needed to cover your whole face, and you can layer on. If you only need under-eye concealing power, then this product will last for yonks! :P

There are many many tones/colours to choose from.. i'd say almost any skin-colour will find a match. i did and my colour is famous for being difficult to match (i'm an almost MAC NC45 - but not exactly). Now i get compliments on my skin - from strangers - and i try to pass on the good word. My friends and aquaintances tell me that i look good and ask what i'm doing. This product is that good!

i hope you don't mind if you find this message repeated in other posts, but i do want to share this gem.... it has made my life easier i swear! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of a good eye cream to use under concealer so that the concealer goes on smooth and also moisturizes? My skin seems to get dry under my eyes from the concealer. Thanks!

I'v been having this redness/dryness under my eyes for weeks..i mean it comes and it gets pretty bad then i moisturize it for a few days and it goes away..and before I know it..its back again(like today)...I went to a dermatologist..they gave me like this cortizone cream..didnt work at all....does anyone have a product that can help? its like very dry almost redish color under my eyes ... i use creams/under eye creams..la mer..dr.haushka..you name it..and it doesnt work!! so..any suggestions would be great! thanks

8 hour creme from Elizabeth Arden ? It's an allround fix-it-all product..

That luxury called "more sleep" helps a fantastic amount. Try to drink more water, it helps, too. For concealer, try benefit boi-ing. It's the best I've ever tried. Concealer is a party girls best friend.

eye cream

first time postin'! 'k, so i'm 17 and i need advice on eye creams! which brand do u recommend and do you think i should be using them in the first place? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->