Thomas Wylde

so this designer has copied McQueen's skull scarf (and not very well I might add), and the Chanel 02 fall biker leather boots... what's next?

i saw some of this stuff at a store in nyc the other day...
have to say...
i REALLY don't like this stuff...
it is SOOOO ..LA..
so...try-hard...wannabe rockstar...
in other words..
so LA...

i think it probably works pretty well out there...
but it just looks forced on the east coast where you can find the 'real deal'...
and don't need to get the imitation...

ie- the shoulders of the jackets are too padded and too structured...
the waists are nipped in too tight....
the leather is 'crinkled' as opposed to 'washed'...
it's all manufactured 'cool'...

**as i said in another thread...
you can't buy 'cool'...
i think the people who would seek this stuff out are the people who think that the right label will make them 'cool'...and that mindset alone is SO the opposite of cool that they are losing before they even begin...

but the cool people out there already know this...:P

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
faust..first post, yay!...i was also shocked when I saw a black TW bag just lying on the table at the soho barney's coop. I picked the bag up and shook my head in disblief; not becuase of the price but how the store could just leave a bag lying around with no sales staff around...HELLO...for 2250 that bag should be locked up..dah :smile:

handbagqueen said:
faust..first post, yay!...i was also shocked when I saw a black TW bag just lying on the table at the soho barney's coop. I picked the bag up and shook my head in disblief; not becuase of the price but how the store could just leave a bag lying around with no sales staff around...HELLO...for 2250 that bag should be locked up..dah :smile:

Welcome :flower: Yea, the prices are funny. I guess the designer has friends in hollywood who can promote it.

By the way, why is the designer a she? Thomas? :unsure:

By the way, why is the designer a she? Thomas? :unsure:[/quote]

The answer to your question is in the first post: "The line is named for Thomas' Welsh grandfather, Robert Thomas, and her great-grandmother Catherine Wylde. Thomas was born in Birmingham, Britain, but she comes across as a tough-talking California surfer chick with a mess of long blond hair, tanned skin, skull print sweat pants and Ugg boots."

The designer posted here herself. Post number 36. She thinks her stuff is collector-worthy.

-j

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm...personally I think the price of the bag is insane and unjustifiable....there is hardly any craftmenship to it.. I would easily purchase a BV over one of those bags in a heart beat! The designer really needs to reduce the price..:sorry:

Soft grey: totally second what you said.

I'm pretty sure that the prices won't be reduced as long as there are people out there who buy the stuff. Aned there certainly are enough of them including celebs.
I didn't even notice that the designer herself posted a comment here but now that you have mentioned it. She only posted two comments though and didn't participate in any conversation afterwards.

I think the price of the scarves has gone up, from I $150 to $220. I really some of the stuff but it's way to expensive

Why would they even increase prices? Because the items are high in demand and celebs have been seen wearing them? If the scarves are $220 now they are even more expensive than the McQueen ones and I like the latter much better plus they are in demand and have been seen on celebs as well.

I like the boots Sienna is wearing in that picture but that's all out of the collection

I must admit that I really like the old and new collections, she has great stuff, but the prices for me are a bit pricey.

boy, there sure are a lot of thomas wylde bags on ebay now.

i wonder if people were able to pick them up on sale for 50% off on the west coast and are reselling them.

has anyone seen them onsale anyplace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->