Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Well f.ck me! Our biggest cinema holder isn't going to show AIW due because the movie will be released on dvd too soon and it will draw less viewers.

I just went into depression.

^I heard about that:unsure:. I'm sorry to anyone who can't see it in theaters. Can you go to a different where you live:huh:?

Well f.ck me! Our biggest cinema holder isn't going to show AIW due because the movie will be released on dvd too soon and it will draw less viewers.

I just went into depression.

Haha, I went yesterday to watch Shutter Island and just yesterday the film debuted here and there was 8 people in the room. That's a pretty silly excuse, I hope my cinema will have it, judging by the fact that will be a great movie they should have it as well. I don't know how it will attract few people and how people know that will come out in DVD soon.

Cinemas are pretty much screwed up, thanks to the people download illegally the movies on the internet. But that will end and when it ends, everybody will be getting back to the cinemas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one of those people who won't be good with Odeon. It isn't in my area at all. Pathe is. And Pathe is one of the boycotters.

finally the years of waiting is over :smile: its nearly here.. pre-booked my tickets all ready hehe such a saddo but i HAVE to see it opening night :heart:

Same here! Feels like I've been waiting forever for this movie to come out!
I need to buy my tickets online. I hope it's not all sold out yet. EEE.

I just came from the cinema, watch it in 3D. It´s such a wonderful and beautiful film! I read the books a long time ago so I can´t tell how accurate it is but visually it´s great... well, it´s Tim Burton after all ^_^
Mia´s and Helena´s performances are great, Johnny is a genious, Anne is ok -I´m not a fan of her-, I really like Crispin Glover (to me he´ll always be George McFly and I´ll always like him :lol:).
The costumes are sublime, Alice wears like 7 outfits and I want them all!! I´m too excited right now, sorry for keep using adjectives :P
If you have the chance, go to see it in 3D, it´s a whole other universe :flower:

^sorry, forgot to add that I went to a screening for the press :smile:
In my country it premieres on thursday.

kokobombon, you're making me even more anxious/excited to see this film!

can someone post alice in redish dress? i wanted to jump into screen and take her clothes!!!
movie is really sweet, i thought it'll be scarier, darker, but its not...its pretty funny though anne is so blaaaah!!!!
and alice is great! the girl really did the great job!
depp was funny, helena too....
burton did great job, once again!
i think ill read the books again, after what, 20yrs? :lol:

^that was my favorite dress in the whole movie! but I couldn´t find any pic, big or small :(
I want pics of the frogs as well but no luck either...

Yippieeee! Finally! Tomorrow's the day when ALICE is released here in Austria! I'm going to see it Saturday at the latest!! Can't wait! Have been so excited for this movie for months! It will be epic!! :D

I'm going to see it Saturday & have a meal to go alongside with it. Can't wait!

I'm so happy to hear great reviews from you guys - I get to watch it tomorrow and I'm SUPER excited :smile: Definitely can't wait to see it in 3D - heard so many things about how awesome it is to see that way, and to be immersed in the whole world of Wonderland...er, Underland!

I bought tickets to a midnight showing this Friday^_^. I'll come here after and give you guys a review, maybe a picture of that red dress.:shifty:. I'm so syched:D.

Alice_in_Wonderland_2010_by_Aman-1.jpg

gaiaonline.com

I actually liked the use of 3-D in this better then I did in Avatar. I even ducked to get out of the way of tree branches as the camera sped through the woods. lol.

Also, Mia was WONDERFUL. Depp was hilarious. Hathaway was charming but underused. Bonham Carter was ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT. The actors providing voices for the animated characters were really, really well chosen. Somehow it managed to be, stylistically, both very dark and gloomy and very bright and saturated. Gorgeous visuals. Easily my favorite version of the Alice story. I didn't particularly like the climax, but everything else was almost faultless. I say, see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->