Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

LOVED it. Mia is so very perfect as Alice. Love all the dresses she's wearing :heart:
The only scene I HATEd was the "Hip Hop dancing", that was so unnecessary. Other than that the film was magical.

I found two pictures of Mia in a red dress.

miawasikowskasource.com

and a video

Oh, Ochi! Thanks so much!! :flower:
Love that dress!! :woot:^_^ It´s nice to see all the little details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it in 3D as well. It was lovely to watch.
But then again, all Tim Burton films are visually stunning.

^Btw, while watching the movie, I couldn't help wondering who Mia reminds me of. Maybe a younger Kate Hudson. Or a younger Gwyneth Paltrow.

Watched it yesterday and :shock: omg I LOVE this movie :wub: Didn't expect anything else from a Burton-Depp collaboration but... it's just perfect!
Mia has bewitched me in every possible way and I can only agree about her amazing outfits - want them all :lol:

I found this movie way more visually appealing than Avatar.
Burton did a great job bringing this classic tale alive.

^Btw, while watching the movie, I couldn't help wondering who Mia reminds me of. Maybe a younger Kate Hudson. Or a younger Gwyneth Paltrow.

i thought she looks like Gwyneth too:flower:

She definitely looked like Gwyneth in Emma during the engagement party scenes...Mia made the movie though. She's a strong actress with a certain allure.

Sorry I didn't review sooner, I got a wicked virus from those red dress pictures:doh:. Ochi Chernye, you should really switch to a safe imagehost:judge:. Anyway...:innocent:

The film was wonderful. Mia couldn't have been better, and Anne exceeded my expectations incredibly. Helena and Depp were just as amazing as usual, but to me, the Mad Hatter was the best character. Depp never disappoints. Overall, great ensemble cast, and acting. (Plus Snape as the Catapillar:woot:!)

I felt that the story moved much too fast at first, like they were trying to fit all of the things relating to the original book in before actually getting into the story. It got better once Alice arrived at the Red Queens castle, though. On a style note, the costumes were...beyond compare:wub:. if you don't like the story, go for that and the imagery (Which was fantastical, finally technology catches up with Tim Burton's imagination^_^. It was like Avatar, but with substance, and quality acting:innocent:.)

On a side note, glad I bought my tickets in advance. there's been a constant line outside the theater since it came out.

Oh, does anyone know what the Mad hatter says to Alice at the end? He whispers it in her ear. I couldn't make it out.

am i one of the only ones that really was disappointed in this film and feel like burtons seriously lost his mojo??

I think if this movie had been left up to Tim Burton to do entirely at his own taste, it would have been much darker film, but I'm sure there was some pressures from the movie executives to make it more appealing to children as well as a wider audience - that being said, I still did like it :heart: (whenever I go to see highly anticipated films, I make it a note to lower my expecations to give it a fair chance and not feel too let down in the end.. ). There was definitely A LOT of hype to this movie, and perhaps it doesn't live up to it entirely, but I still think it has enough redeeming qualities to make it worth seeing.

I loved all of Alice's outfits, :heart: they were dreamy!, and the acting was SUPERB. Johnny Depp had me convinced he was the mad hatter, and Helena BC was hilarious and wonderfully wicked.

The one thing that bothered me I think was that there was a bit more CGI/animation then I would have preferred... but still, I have to give kudos to Tim Burton to have been able to mix in the animation and the real life characters well enough that it didn't feel awkward or bizzare to have them that way..

*Oh and yes, :ninja: during the entire movie I kept wondering who Mia was reminding me of... Gwenyth Paltrow definitely came to mind!

I was disappointed in the film too. I knew it wasn't going to be a remake and that there would be creative license and changes to the story. I didn't expect Linda Woolverton and Tim Burton to completely rewrite characters and don't think either of their styles were compatible with original enough to pull it off (nor Woolverton as intelligent or witty as Lewis Carroll).

The CGI, costuming, etc were all amazing and I agree that it blew Avatar away. The 3D was mostly done well though there were a few times they couldn't resist making things fly at the audience. Both Avatar and Alice in Wonderland suffer from weak and predictable plots in my opinion though.

I think the degree to which you will enjoy it depends on how fanatical you are about the original books. For me there were too many changes/deviations from the originals that were not explained e.g. the Red Queen was never evil and never yelled 'off with her head', nor was the White Queen inherently pure or poised. The movie seemed to hinge on the Jabberwocky poem but no attempt was made to explain or acknowledge that the poem was about a boy and Alice is a girl. I found it confusing as the film read as a sequel, I think it was assumed that you were familiar with the books (perhaps only the first?) but it didn't fit as a sequel because the characters were different.

Above everything this film has taken Alice into the realm of traditional children's story where morals and values are trying to be imprinted on the viewer, something that the original stories mocked.

I think it was good and enjoyable as a film but as a film called Alice in Wonderland it should/could have been so much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went last night and loved it!

Great acting, great outfits, great music and everything else.

Cheshire Cat, The White Queen and Mad Hatter were my favorites.

Alice in Wonderland is now the biggest 3D opener in history. They totally beat Avatar!

An estimated $116.3m (£77m) for Alice in Wonderland pretty much writes its own story. After so-so reviews from US critics, Tim Burton scored the biggest opening weekend of his career and handed Disney the biggest 3D launch in history. Yes, in history. That means it took more than Avatar did in its opening weekend three months ago.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/mar/08/alice-in-wonderland-avatar-wolfman

I have to agree with everybody - that red dress that Alice wore was awesome! Obviously the Red Queen has got some great tailors :D

Outfits aside, I really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was visually fantastic - loved the Cheshire Cat, the Caterpillar and the Red Queen. And I actually thought Anne Hathaway was great as the White Queen, but didn't get to see enough of her! And congrats to Tim Burton for his best movie opening EVER.

I loved the Red Queen and hated the White Queen:lol:
Johnny is just beyond words sexy, I can't believe Alice didn't stay for him...

Finally saw it for the first time last night. Of course in 3-D. And I LOOOOOOOOVED IT SO MUCH!!!! The soundtrack ws amazing (Danny Elfmann is a genius!!), the characters were so adorable, all of them. I loved the Red Queen, she was so funny. "Off with the head".
Of course Johnny as the Mad Hatter was gorgeous, I love him so much! He played that role so well. Kind of a mix of Willy Wonka and Captain jack Sparrow. Really cute!

I liked cheshire cat a lot, he has always been one of my favourite Alice characters. The dogs were cute, too.
Tim Burton is a genius, too!

LOVED IT! That pretty much nails it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->