M by Madonna for H&M

The only thing which I wanted from this collection was the silk kimono dress in white and black. But the fit was strange, I have tried onl the smallest size but it wa still too big and I was kind of disappointed by the quality. I would not pay so much money for H&M clothing.

Well said! I was at H&M a couple days ago after making my purchase I took a quick look at some of the Madonna pieces and unless someone really needs "M" by Madonna there was nothing that really jumped up with a wow factor to it, very blah if anything...
shopping247 said:
i'm intriqued by this, however, i think it's a strange fashion collaboration. madonna is no fashion designer ...nor is she a children's book writer. i guess when one is so famous everyone just wants to take the name and make money off of it.

holy smokes! could this be true? :woot:

"Her Madgesty's new "M by Madonna" clothing line for H&M has sold more than $15 million since going on sale just over a week ago.
The debut has been so successful that the retail chain have just offered Lady M a multi-million dollar deal to do a second and third collection for the chain, beginning in late 2007."

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17768

^ I completely agree. I did take a look at this collection in person and I was quite disappointed. :(

Oh well, at least my finances are thanking me. :wink:

^ yah i tried on that beaded dress....it did not look right on me AT ALL. on top of being heavy it was not very easy to put on and take off...there's only enough room to put it over the head! i think my favs are probably her belts...and some blouses for work. that's about it.

I went into H&M the other day without even realizing that this line was for sale there and ended up buying the white trench. But when I got it home I found $6 in the pocket and noticed there was dirt all over the back and at the hems. Obviously someone wore it and returned it. I tried soaking and scrubbing it in an expensive detergent that generally gets stains out of everything but it wouldn't come clean! I am kind of disappointed, but then I didn't care that it was by Madonna, I simply thought it was a stylish trench at a reasonable price. So just a warning for people who want to buy it, it is a very stubborn jacket to wash. I will feel bad returning it to H&M and I wasn't even the one to get it dirty...I can't believe the gall of the person who did that!

i was thinking that the day the collection was released. i'd better buy my items now...as folks could just reattach the safety pin tag and return garments after wearing them later. id hate to get stuck with a used item:-(

i also think the white items are going to get damaged if they are on the sales floor for too long...

people have you seen how much these so called timeless garments are been sold for on ebay!!!!!!
4 times the actual price!!!!! how crazy

i MUST agree, madonna should stick with her crotch revealing videos.ew
case closed.

The quality of workmanship in the actual pieces in the collection is atrocious - pure WalMart! EWWWWW!!

I'm a Madonna fan. I think she is good at music and that's about it.
I find these clothes cheap and tacky and they are obviously just bits and pieces from her wardrobe that she's given to someone to change a bit and put the M by Madonna label on.
The tracksuits were revolting ... only die-hard fans bought that rubbish I think so I am annoyed that it is seen as "a success" because it isn't !

*edited because I went off track.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw this collection in zürich. i found it very amusing how everyone were grabbing the overpriced poor quality clothes and accessories just because of the brand "M by Madonna". overall, i didn't like collection much, i think it was boring and not innovative (one beige dress was quite pretty, though. however, afterwards i saw like 3 girls wearing it, so i didn't buy it.) i don't like this extending consumption habit where everyone are like grabbing things. i think people should think more before they buy something.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just shortened my madonna dress yesterday. it looks better for my bod now.. do you guys think its wrong to remodel the original design? its not like im gonna sell my piece on ebay or anything..but after all, its just h&m.. so i guess its ok. :smile:

I think modifying H&M to suit your taste is a good idea, as long as it doesn't cost anything. Might as well tailor something to suit you ! If you like the result of the alternation - that's all that matters.

yeah the pencil cut with such thin fabric just didnt do right for my body.. so i shortened the dress a little (the black one with open back and knots on front and back) and it looks tons better. a bit 90s but thats the way i like it.

my friend who recently lost a lot of weight and is a stick now looked really good with the black tapered pants and the body suit..whereas on my body the pants just fit awfully weird....she did say that you need to wear a belt because the waist is a bit loose.. with me i had trouble putting the pants on (so tight) but then that waist was super loose. i dont know what kind of body they are for really meant for...but with really skinny body they looked good imo :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->