M by Madonna for H&M

lady.stardust

Reaction score
MADONNA AND H&M LAUNCH NEW FASHION LINE

- 'M by Madonna' Collection debuts in stores March 2007
H&M the international retail giant and their head of design Margareta van den Bosch have teamed up with Madonna to create a line of clothing and accessories that are scheduled to arrive in all stores carrying the women’s wear collection, around the world in March 2007, it was announced today.

The 'M by Madonna' fashion line will reflect Madonna's timeless, unique and always glamorous style. A long standing cultural icon whose enormous global influence on how people dress and look is without equal, Madonna worked hand in hand with Margareta van den Bosch to create a wardrobe of clothing and accessories that represent her own personal and modern spin on her very own wardrobe staples.

'Madonna has an impressive feel for fashion and trends. She was extraordinarily style conscious, passionate and was involved in even the smallest details of every design. There is no doubt that Madonna's influence is reflected by the 'M by Madonna' line', stated Margareta van den Bosch regarding the collaboration.

'I've made no secret of my love of fashion over the years. Working with Margareta and H&M was an exciting and new creative challenge for me. I'm really happy with the results and look forward to wearing 'M by Madonna' along with the rest of the world', concluded Madonna.

Madonna, the multi-Grammy winning singer, video visionary, children’s book author, human rights activist and cultural phenomenon just completed the most successful concert tour of any female artist in music history. Her most recent cd Confessions On A Dance Floor debuted at No. 1 in 29 countries.

Founded in Sweden in l947, H&M which has over 1,300 stores in 24 countries is synonymous around the world with affordable, up to date and high quality fashion. The company’s collections are created by their own designers.

http://www.hm.com/us/press/fashionpressrelease.ahtml?pressreleaseid=786&nodeid=316

*There are three sketches at the link.

An impressive feel for fashion and trends? Please - I wouldn't buy anything designed by Madonna if you paid me. She's either styled by someone else at awards shows or else is some baggy tracksuit. I give her credit for being quite fearless and sticking with something (I personally loved her purple bodysuit) but the woman should stick to yoga and whatever else she does.

I love Madonna , I am a fan but she does not have an feel for fashion at all. Weird idea really. I guess the tracksuit sold out.

^ugh, i bet it did not! i saw it in stores for months, it did not sell very well (at least here). and i mean, have you actually seen the tracksuit?? it was horrendous, really, so cheap and tacky, even for h&m standards....

well, it was inevitable that something like this would happen after the ad campaigns she did for H&M

madonna_hm.jpg

here's the images, bigger sketches here.

via H&M / nitrolicious.com/blog

i just got the H&M email and figured that someone had started a thread....

i'm intriqued by this, however, i think it's a strange fashion collaboration. madonna is no fashion designer ...nor is she a children's book writer. i guess when one is so famous everyone just wants to take the name and make money off of it.

I'm interested! I wasn't into the track suits, but these drawings - especially the trench and dress - look fabulous to me!

btw,Meg,are you talking about that glittery trapeze leotard or that deep plum riding look she did? i liked the latter even though some bagged it :ninja:

really I don't give Madge any credit at all. I give it all to Arianne Phillips who's been styling her since the mid-90's. Remember before,her style was complete crap,imo. I appreciate that she's got the bollocks to do anything(of course,she is a Leo too) and wearing different designers but it just seems too fake to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah?? we all get crazy ? sins when madonna is a model or even has situated s os a model?? really stranje..dont like it.

am i the only one here who actually likes her? haha. although, i dont know how i feel about a collection i must say i do love all 3 of these looks, especially that trench. yum!

her other stuff did really badly. it lay on the shop floor for months no matter how much the visuals moved to the front or did a display..

Nooooo thank you, Madonna. Stick to music and videos, please.

why most of the celebrities feel theirselves that they got to design clothes??if they've talent,ok but other way they should leave this work for real designers..

i love madonna forever but her as a track suit wearing designer?never

liberty33r1b said:
the trenchcoat and the dress look good

i agree, i love the trench..congratulations on your 9000th post liberty33rlb!:heart: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->