M by Madonna for H&M

That turban looks pretty rad! I went to H&M recently, completely oblivious to the fact that Madonna's collection was already there. There was plenty of everything, I think, but admittedly I didn't really look; the sequined dress looks kind of cheap and badly made and the catsuit made me run away, but I guess it was alright.

Oh, and the shoes look awful.

liberty33r1b said:
^you look great!!!!

Thank you m'dear, I don't feel great though...feel ill today - I guess my final year at uni is finally getting on top of me :cry:

Not worn the turban out in public yet...I might do very soon though! I guess it wouldn't get noticed on someone as much with dark hair and who is short or the 'average' height - whereas myself being blonde and 6ft...I am definetly going to stand out! Probably wear it around central London, but not where I live though - its typically surburban.

I went to HM yesterday at Yorkdale Toronto and i found the collection to be boring:( I didnt even wanted to try anything on. I actually expected more from madonna, something orginal and unique! I didnt see anything unique in this collection

I don't think Madonna designed any of this. This collection is chic and elegant. Madonna is tasteless and vulgar with clothing.

I went to the 5th ave flagship and examined the line. I was not impressed at all. The collection is boring and bland. There wasn't one thing I even considered buying. H&M already carries trenches, jersey dresses etc that are far more fashionable. While I was in the store I don't think I saw one person with anything from the line in their hands-everyone was on the top floor of the store.

Got my dress today, and its a weird fish...Im a size 12 in my upper body and a 14 on my bum. Got the dress in a size 16, cuz everone said its small in size. And heres the weird part: Its small on my arms and to big on my hips and bum :blink: Hmm. But I think im gonna keep it, and get at wide black belt. Do you think it looks bad?

Attachments

• Photo-0037.jpg
    Photo-0037.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
MissIndependent8, i tried that dress on in my normal size and it was ungodly tight on the upper body. i think the proportions are all wrong on that garment. i decided not to get it. having said that i think if you plan to keep it a belt is the way to go...

InnocentFairy, the turbon on you looks awesome!

lucy92 said:
MissIndependent8, i tried that dress on in my normal size and it was ungodly tight on the upper body. i think the proportions are all wrong on that garment. i decided not to get it. having said that i think if you plan to keep it a belt is the way to go...

InnocentFairy, the turbon on you looks awesome!

I agree with Lucy, as I mentioned in an earlier post the dress was really tight on me too. But to be honest I think the dress looks great MissIndependent and with a big thick belt it will help draw it in and show off your waist, plus with the dress being all one colour a belt would look great with it anyway - could you get a photo and show us?

And thanks for the compliment on the turban, Lucy :flower:

InnocentFairy said:
I agree with Lucy, as I mentioned in an earlier post the dress was really tight on me too. But to be honest I think the dress looks great MissIndependent and with a big thick belt it will help draw it in and show off your waist, plus with the dress being all one colour a belt would look great with it anyway - could you get a photo and show us?

And thanks for the compliment on the turban, Lucy :flower:

Yea, but at the moment at dont have a big wide belt yet - gonne go and finde one on friday. And ill post a pix then. I think im gonna keep the dress then, I love the colour :blush:

i tried on the wee white short sleeved shirt with little puffed sleeves - it was tiny!! usually i take a 10/12 - but both were way too small! i liked the shape of it, the panelling was nice - looked like it would be flattering to a larger bust. they had no size 14s left so couldnt get one.

I wasn't impressed at all, some of the designs looked quite nice but up close in real life I found them quite horrible, I couldn't find a thing that fit me properly.

purdles said:
I wasn't impressed at all, some of the designs looked quite nice but up close in real life I found them quite horrible, I couldn't find a thing that fit me properly.

I thought the proportions were strange, too.

I tried on the beige dress that MissIndependent8 bought ... I'm small in the top, and my normal (American) size 4 was almost too tight in the top (and I'm a small B cup!).

I thought maybe I'd get a dress or two, but I've decided to save my $$.

This collection is overall disappointing.

Grade: D.

liberty33r1b said:
why?:flower: i think it might have looked amazing with the blk belt u mentioned...

Cuz I couldent finde a belt and I dont think ill be wairing it that much anyway :blush: And its still a bit to tight on my arms :blink:

I'm in Soho NY and i saw the line and thought it was ghastly...
the clothes are still available in the stores!

this is definitly no Voktor and Rolf or Stella collection for H&M

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->