Tom Ford Resort 2025 Milan

Look 1 and 6 are really great.
I hate the shoes and the choice of models.
It’s good. It’s fine.
It doesn’t scream fashion as it very safe.

The models turns some very safe silhouettes into Slimane territory.

rZPpC1KX_t.jpg
Tm4mpJyu_t.jpg

Why can't LVMH Givenchy make this? Some of these are very Riccardo Tisci and the bow dress is very Mr Givenchy himself

I see a lot of Balenciaga 2005 2006 TFyd the leggy, the mod vibez, the silhouette , looks better than last shows but there is something with models and the styling make sit old fashion still

324730-800w.jpgbalenciaga-fall-2005-campaign3.jpgphoto_mid_def_1273523.jpgfa285f72168318edcc5fa72b89781c71.jpg513b67e61d0e8af89fd1ab67183a6067.jpgimage-asset.jpgbalenciaga-fall-2005-campaign4.jpgphoto_mid_def_1273501.jpgbalenciaga-fall-2005-campaign1.jpgbalenciaga-fall-2005-campaign2.jpg

I see a lot of Balenciaga 2005 2006 TFyd the leggy, the mod vibez, the silhouette , looks better than last shows but there is something with models and the styling make sit old fashion still

View attachment 1285784View attachment 1285785View attachment 1285792View attachment 1285786View attachment 1285787View attachment 1285788View attachment 1285789View attachment 1285790View attachment 1285791View attachment 1285793
See now you are adding frustration to the lackluster collection when you are putting images of Nicolas’s work.
Hawkings has the cut but not the edge.

Alexandre Vauthier for Tom Ford is my new « Haider Ackermann »

See now you are adding frustration to the lackluster collection when you are putting images of Nicolas’s work.
Hawkings has the cut but not the edge.

Alexandre Vauthier for Tom Ford is my new « Haider Ackermann »
Sorry :-) ..... i feel these days i'm controversial on this forum with my observations

or just anywhere at all thats not gonna bankrupt soon. vauthier for celine will be best
Vaulthier is not afraid of sex and knows two things about chic and couture. Tom Ford is about that fine line between chic and tackiness and when it’s tacky, it has a touch of humor and frivolity.
Plus, Vauthier was supposed to join YSL under Tom Ford as an eveningwear designer…So there’s a link in terms of aesthetic.

Celine is too proper, too BCBG for him. He comes from Mugler and Gaultier after all, that kind of pop flamboyance would be limiting for him.

And the thought of Anna Dello Russo parading in his designs makes me laugh.

Tom Ford is about that fine line between chic and tackiness and when it’s tacky, it has a touch of humor and frivolity.
In theory, yes but Tom ford wasn’t able to even ride this line. His womenswear collections were mostly old fashioned and/or tacky and cheap - see spring 2022.

I do agree that hawkings is missing an authentic edge in his work and maybe he needs someone on his team that he will listen to who can bring that. I think this is his best offering yet and feels more confident.

He is playing it safe, I would like to see him make a “mistake” give me something ugly. Experiment a little. Give me something that says wtf was he thinking or something to hate or at least make me think. I think this is a wonderful wardrobe though

In theory, yes but Tom ford wasn’t able to even ride this line. His womenswear collections were mostly old fashioned and/or tacky and cheap - see spring 2022.

I do agree that hawkings is missing an authentic edge in his work and maybe he needs someone on his team that he will listen to who can bring that. I think this is his best offering yet and feels more confident.

He is playing it safe, I would like to see him make a “mistake” give me something ugly. Experiment a little. Give me something that says wtf was he thinking or something to hate or at least make me think. I think this is a wonderful wardrobe though
It was a good balance until 2017/18, when he started flip-flopping really agressively. I imagine that the rise of the man-repeller aesthetic didn't help with the identity crisis. Hawkings is definitely on the conservative side of the line, but it is more consistent overall. That said, I do agree that he'd benefit from slightly roughing-up his smooth edges.

Yes spring 2022 wasn’t great but fall 2021 for example was good (except for the underwear section). Even if his work at his own brand is not half of the greatness of his work during his prime, there was still a feeling of HF.

You looked at a Tom Ford collection, good or bad, it had the edge and the intention of fashion.

Tom Ford at his best (FW2012, SS2015 among others) gave you that cut, timeless pieces with an edge and at his worst, it was so wrong that it became good. I think my least favorite collection from him is probably Spring 2017. But even that collection had interesting ideas.

This is too proper, too digestible and then too forgettable.

That being said, that white dress is probably the first time that I see a « must have » piece from Hawkings. But then, the styling is very conventional.
It’s not like Tom hasn’t explored the 60’s many times in his career.

I must say that despite the limits of his techniques, I appreciate the emphasis on flou as opposed to those insufferable column sequined dresses from Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Negin6556
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->