Tom Ford S/S 2013 : Karlina Caune & Simon Van Meervenne by Tom Ford

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
The ever-secretive Tom Ford (who, as it happens, is approaching Fall ’13 much less secretively with a full-on fashion show during London Fashion Week in February) has given Style.com a first look at his Spring ’13 campaign. As in seasons past, Ford lensed the ads himself. With an air of retro futurism, the shots are sleek, sexy, and sophisticated—not unlike the mirror dress and gold bondage shoes (yes, the same pair Anne Hathaway wore in vegan-friendly black to her Les Mis premiere) Karlina Caune dons in the ad. The men’s images feature Simon Van Meervenne sprawled out in a silver suit. Ford’s spring campaign will launch this week on his website, and hit magazines in March.
style.com

Attachments

• tom-ford-1.jpg
    tom-ford-1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 224
  • tom-ford-mens.jpg
    tom-ford-mens.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 117
I really like the setting and her hair, they work perfectly for such a flashy outfit.

The male shot is fantastically styled, while the female styling (or should I just say ugly Tom Ford clothes) is laughable.

Nice, kind of futuristic. Those boots/sandals, NO!

Both models are perfect and refreshing for the brand. I really hope this is not they way we'll look at both ads on the magazines, the composition of both pictures is great indeed, but I don't like the models to be that close to the frames (Karlina's foot going out bothers me a lot), I need just a little bit more air for my eyes to rest (2cm of blank space on each frame would be enough I guess) and reduce the visual tension.

Great cast and really love the styling. Very minimalist but striking.

Beautiful. I like Karlina's shot the most, even though Simon's is good too (love how he's tilting strangely in his chair). She just looks perfectly 60s with those sprawled legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon's shot is fantastic, very cool and engaging. The womenswear ad does nothing to me though

it fits very well with the theme of the collection, especially the womenswear one.

It's pretty good. I agree the campaign is better for menswear. Happy to see Karlina :heart:

For some reason I adore Karlina's shot, look great. So sleek and retro-like futuristic.

Both ads so far, fantastic! Love the precision, and styling of the images, wouldn't expect anything less from Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->