Trends You Are Sick Of #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love a good thrift store, but I hate how the recession has suddenly made thrifting trendy.
I know. I've been shopping at Goodwill for maybe 5 years and now whenever I go it's completely picked over and the parking lot is packed. Fricking pisses me off. And now everyone's throwing around "recessionista" and "thrifting" and I know these people only started shopping at thrift stores 2 months ago. GAHH!!! :furious:

I love a good thrift store, but I hate how the recession has suddenly made thrifting trendy.

Is that a bad thing necessarily? I mean trend or not, your still paying less for clothing and you can pick up some decent, unique pieces every once and while.
And if anything, that sounds like a good trend for some people in there current possession with the economy. Sorry if it lessons the cool factor with the whole thrifting and all. But my only concern would be if said people are buying unflattering clothing from such thrift shops, Goodwill's, etc....

[ hijack ]

Have any of you heard about "Second Debut", an upscale outlet operated by Goodwill? They apparently pick through general donations and pull designer names for marketing at these outlets instead of the main stores.

Looks like there's only a few stores in the U.S.

[ /hijack ]

Denim shorts that are cut of as in the 90s (Brenda style). They´re awful.

Denim shirts. Also waaay to 90s.

Liberty print.

I guess it's just the wangter me but I love cut off shorts.

Man capris. Emo Mullets. Plaid shirts paired with skinny jeans. Faux Hawks.

ugly highwasted skirts with optional huge belts to cinch the waist and fitted tank top/bodysuit.

Hoodies!!! OMG! I hate hoodies soooo much! Like it's 90 degrees in the shade and you're wearing your hoodie with the hood up??!!! WTF? I especially hate the striped t-shirt, hoodie and tight jeans at the bottom, falling off your waist at the top jeans look that these emo guys (and some chicks) are wearing. Like, dude...where'd your a$$ go? :yuk:

Anti-pants, I hate this trend. I'm in total agreement with what Diane von Furstenburg said back in a 1970s ad campaign, "Be a woman, wear a dress."

Bling, particularly on men. Good riddance.

Over-priced sneaks/trainers/whatever. Kanye West's latest "creations" retail for about 700 USD...ridiculous. They're running shoes for God's sake!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man capris. Emo Mullets. Plaid shirts paired with skinny jeans. Faux Hawks.

Yes! Man capris. I'm so glad to hear someone say that. I'm not a fan.

I always smile at the irony of some guy in man capris and flip flops smiling sideways at me when I wear my leather pants [fyi: not cheapo 80s leather - I'm talking about good, high fashion stuff. And, I'm no model, but I'm in good shape]. Ummm yeah...so I'm laughable in Versace leather pants, but that guy is *oh so cool* in women's clothes? Gimme a break...

I've had this conversation with my boyfriend so many times, but he always reverts back to jeans and a t-shirt. I might have to take matters into my own hands and make him go shopping! ^_^

I think this trend in menswear will never end :ermm:

Plaid men's shorts. Ugh.

Darkwash jeans with bleach on them- most look so trashy and just awful.

Buddy Holly glasses/sun glasses- enough already!

Emo/scenester hair where it's super big and ratty and teased on top then they have a little clip in bow in their hair.

Omg keffiyeh scarves are so annoying!
everyone at my school wore them. I would see like 5 ppl wearing one of those nasty scarves everyday... They looked trendy at first but now they're getting VERY annoying.

^ Totally agree. :rolleyes:

May I add a few:

-Shoulder pads
-High waist pants
-Lace masks
-Ballet skirts the "tutu"
-ANYTHING LV by Stephen Sprouse :doh:
-Multiple buckle shoes
-Anything that glitters, including sequins
-MC hammer pants, or whatever prettier word you'd use to describe them
-Blue, neon pink, mustard yellow, forest green
-Bunny ears
-Leopard print in any color
-Skeleton prints
-Gucci summer 09' platform sandals
-Rihanna inspired crops
-Flowers
-Ripped jeans
-Balmain inspired washed/tie-dye effect jeans
-Converse chuck taylors
-Boyfriend jeans :sick:
-Rayban wayfayers
-Metallic flat "men" shoes
-Stupid Urban Outfitters t shirts
-Kane's Gorilla print
-Marine stripes
-Any kind of jumpsuits
-Doc Martens
-Anything related to Agyness Deyn (no joke ANYTHING!)
-Herve Leger bandage dresses
-Gladiator sandals
-Dressing like Lady Gaga, especially the no bottom look :yuk::yuk:
-Balmain jewelled sandals
-Bright red, marine, turquoise or jade nail polish
-Tight black leather jackets "bomber" style
-Alice dellal's half shaved head :rolleyes:
-The 80's, its flashy colors, especially Marc Jacobs' latest fall collection :ninja:
-The Rodarte ripped up wool dresses and tops.
-Peace jewelry
-Hippie hair
-Fringe sandals
-The plaid print, especially on shirts
-The excentric Dita Von Teese sexy look :rolleyes:
-Head wraps
-The Rick Owen leather jacket every fashionista has
-YSL cage heels
-The python trend

Last edited by a moderator:
^ As I was reading your list I just kept nodding and thinking to myself "how could I forget that" :lol:.

Everything you listed is so pervasive right now, especially on the blogs. I cannot wait until half of these trends disappear into oblivion, not to be resurrected until another decade (at least :ninja:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->