Trends You Are Sick Of #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trends that don't look pleasing/comfortable on people or seem incredibly misplaced for weather. Leather in hot summer days, too-short mini AA dresses, loads of layers on 20C + weather, etc.

In a way, I'm just sick of AA in general. Sure, it'd be okay for basics, but when it constitutes your entire wardrobe...

-everything ed hardy, juicy couture, balmain:sick::sick::yuk:..
-lv monogramm bags and stuff:sick:
-uggs, crocs, of course..:rolleyes:

The ratty early-90's redux look. Trust me, it wasn't cute the first time around and time has only served to amplify that.

503023_fpx.tif

I just can't handle this anymore, girls who wear rather short tops with leggings. Leggings are not trousers, it's just not pretty to have your butt hanging out. And yeah, I hate metallic leggings as well.

image from macys.com

I just can't handle this anymore, girls who wear rather short tops with leggings. Leggings are not trousers, it's just not pretty to have your butt hanging out. And yeah, I hate metallic leggings as well.

image from macys.com

Well spoken. My sentiment exactly.

This weekend I was at Modefabriek in Amsterdam, which is a bit slow and out of touch I must say... Anyway I saw those plastic rainboots everywhere. Every evening from now on I will kneel before my bed and pray: 'lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from plastic rain boots'.

Well spoken. My sentiment exactly.

This weekend I was at Modefabriek in Amsterdam, which is a bit slow and out of touch I must say... Anyway I saw those plastic rainboots everywhere. Every evening from now on I will kneel before my bed and pray: 'lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from plastic rain boots'.

Um was it raining? I think rainboots serve a function and aren't intended to be trendy...

it's not trend but
h&m by designer
target by designer
topshop by designer.....etc
i don't know why i hate it

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of LV and Coach monogram bags either :/ I see them around too often these days, the majority which are fakes.

it's true. I've come to associate blatantly visable logos with tackyness. It's almost as if the wearer doesn't have the creativity to piece together a beautiful outfit and feels as if they can compensate by flashing as many big name brands as possible.

I am sick of seeing american apparel t-shirts
tucked into high waisted skirts.
I see this all the time at my local mall.

I thought I'd seen the last of leggings a few weeks back until I spotted a lady (not young I might add), with lace mid-calf leggings worn over sheer stockings and a short floral print dress. I just had to bleach my eyes after that :yuk:

going to Central St Martins
+ 'rock' chic - it still hasn't worked via the high street, ever.

- LV logo bags. Any logo bags, in fact.
- the 'hippie' look. I can't be sick of it if I never liked it to begin with...I mean, I don't mind a few flowers in the hair but those bloody peasant maxi-dresses need to be cut up and used as cleaning rags.
- Headbands (not to be confused with Alice bands)
- tight jeans and tight t-shirts (this is what girls wear where I am). Ditto muscle t-shirts/deep v-neck t-shirts on guys.
- cheap nasty ballet flats (a good pair is still welcome, or one with standout detailing, but it needs to stop being so ubiquitous)
- midcalf lace-edged leggings (DIE. PLEASE)
- those stupid little mini-waistcoats that are cut to show as much boob/midriff as possible...(put them away, you're not supposed to be in a p*rno)
- agreed about the 'rock chick' look...too many girls think black eyeliner will make them mysterious and cool-looking (it doesn't)

I am sick of seeing american apparel t-shirts
tucked into high waisted skirts.
I see this all the time at my local mall.

Ouch...I'm guilty of this, though the skirt is a pencil skirt and the t-shirts aren't exactly AA (in my defence, it really isn't a common look around these parts).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->