Trends You Are Sick Of #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
uggz in the summer!

i agree uggs in summer are terrible, but i don't think people realize how cold it is on set in l.a. no matter what season it is...long hours, cold sets....uggs are the bomb when you feel like that. so i think a lot of the pics of celebs in uggs are on set, and i don't blame them for wearing them in between shots. i've worked in l.a. and it's like...you need uggs on set.

Anything Ed Hardy
Don't shoot me, but I love wearing SOME Ed Hardy. I like wearing the tees and the hoodies because I like the whole tattoo inspiration, and it brings out the inner rockstar in me. I never wear it with jeans, though-I dress it up. I won't touch the trucker hats or most of the rest of the stuff though.

As far as things I am sick of:
Label bags-the only "label bags" I am okay with are neutral prints in a classic shape. I read a Bollywood style blog and there was a picture of a yesteryear actress who was carrying a neutral Coach logo bag, but for her it worked as she was wearing a sari that was very close to the bag in colour, and it made the logo look like a design and not a plea to show wealth.
Strong shoulders-on me, this looks clownish, as I have narrow shoulders anyway and I like to keep them that way.
Ripped jeans
Day-Glo coloured pants
Black tees with neon slogans on them (basically: half the stuff that Wet Seal is selling right now)
Many of the Herve Leger bandage dresses, and the "inspired-by" ones. I admittedly have a few of the Express version, but I wear a shirt over the top as I like it as a skirt.
Anything emo/scenester, ESPECIALLY THE MAKEUP. I could do a whole list of makeup trends I am sick of...:innocent:
North Face Denali jackets
Ugg boots
Keffiyeh scarves
Thigh-high boots

About high-waisted skirts, in some cases, it can be done right. I feel that a high-waisted pencil skirt is a very classic silhouette, and for an hourglass figure, it is one of the best things you can have in your wardrobe. But when you are wearing something totally fugly and you add the belt and you're wearing a simple tank or bodysuit-it's a fail, IMO. If you're doing a basic tank, there had better be some interesting cover-up, or some darned good accessories.

Finally, the "no-makeup" look. The whole point is to have fun with makeup-if you're wearing makeup to look like you aren't, it's tacky and it makes me want to take a blending brush and MAC's Blue Calm to their eyes.

About high-waisted skirts, in some cases, it can be done right. I feel that a high-waisted pencil skirt is a very classic silhouette, and for an hourglass figure, it is one of the best things you can have in your wardrobe.

Yeah, that.

It can be terrific when done right.

That general hipster thing. Dressing well is one thing; dressing to fit in on lookbook.nu is another. Eugh, develop your own style!

^I agree, the leather and chains Erin Wasson thing is really annoying and unoriginal/trashy as is the cobrasnake "look".

photo-100509-1241971722.jpg

photo-240509-1243174236.jpg

images are from le look.

I'm starting to get really bored with chains and studs. It seems like EVERYONE was wearing them during fashion week, and they couldn't pull it off.

I can't stand that skinny jeans and colored Ray-Ban sunglasses wannabe Nylon Magazine sort of look. Everyone should have their own style - I don't understand why all of a sudden every teenager in the U.S. has decided dress exactly the same. Whatever happened to having your own mind?
Now, people shouldn't strive to be different, but they should strive to be the best that they can, and don't settle for average. Push yourself to develop your own identity instead of just copying Disney Channel stars.

Really glossy black leggings, especially during the day. I dont understand why its suddenly acceptable to dress like a dominatrix whilst picking up loo-roll at tesco...

I can't stand clothes. Are people serious with clothes! It appalling, are you seriously wearing clothes? Are those shoes on your feet? And faces. Do I really have to look at people's faces? It's so normal everyone has a face, what's with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->