UK Elle May 2012 : Emily Blunt by Thomas Schenk

I actually think it's quite smart - headline states "How to do the new minimal", and both covers are a fantastic representation of that. Admittedly, it's a bit *too* much like an American ELLE cover (which are so terribly commercial and static), but it's a pleasant departure from the recent busy backgrounds and bright colours.

Quite excited for all of the editorials, as well. Seems nice and bulky in terms of fashion for a May issue.

:woot:oh I LOVE that newstand cover, she looks gorgeous.
I've always found her facial structure to be beautiful, and the cover picture showcases it very well.

I'm not too keen on the sub cover, don't like the way her body is positioned, it's almost as bad as Cameron Diaz's sub cover from last year!

she is so boring. i never liked her

It's such a tiresome issue. Thomas Schenk's aesthetics don't warrant a cover shoot. Then with Emily's lack of presence in the photos - becomes borderline failure. Although, there is one serviceable shot of Blunt wearing Prada on the contents page. Lee Broomfield's edit is something we've seen months ago, this Prada/50's/vintage motor direction. Again, with David Vasiljevic's edit.. same same same. British Elle's within desperate need of a shake-up. And from what I have read online.. Lorraine Candy plans to do just that.

I love the newsstand cover also! It's simple and gorgeous.
The subscribers cover is lovely.

such a difference, the newsstand cover is quite.. tragic better than the April issue but still tragic

Did any other subscriber's not get the Whistles gift card? I hope it's an oversight with my copy.. although they have previously done issues where subscriber's didn't get the gift cards. Apparently we already have access to offers and discounts that make up for not receiving them. Pfft.

Did any other subscriber's not get the Whistles gift card? I hope it's an oversight with my copy.. although they have previously done issues where subscriber's didn't get the gift cards. Apparently we already have access to offers and discounts that make up for not receiving them. Pfft.

I didn't get one either! Though I don't recall ever getting one when theyve gave out gift cards.

Love this cover, she looks gorgeous and love t he Chanel dress.

I didn't get one either! Though I don't recall ever getting one when theyve gave out gift cards.

With the Kurt Geiger gift cards subscriber's got a £25 and the newsstand copies came with £20 ones. So you were actually better off for being a subscriber then, however not so much with this offer it would seem.

(PS. Subscriber's will all get their Whistles gift cards through the post this week.)

Emily is one of the few actresses I like so I'm glad she's on the cover. I think Elle subs covers are usually better than the newsstand ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->