UK Vogue December 2021 : Lady Gaga by Steven Meisel

This cover it doesnt' work (i prefer the italian's one), but the edit is stunning. I can't believe than Gaga finally worked with Meisel because i through than Nick Knight supposed to photographed to her & Enninful choosed Meise. The result is great.

I don't like this cover, looks kinda cheap, but the other pics are nice.

Glorious! Spectacular, and just the type of cover to make me go weak at the knees. The cover is utterly gorgeous, love the 80s inspiration, the use of the Schiaparelli, the vivid makeup look and I'm even a fan of the blue-tinted hair. It's flashy, it's radiating glamour and most importantly - feels festive!

Two Steven Meisel covers in a row and it's officially starting to feel like Christmas around here. Edward Enninful, I salute you. :heart:

The dress is hideous, and ruins the cover. I must admit he photographed her beautifully, if unimaginatively.
Gaga is not a natural beauty, so when she nails a cover like this, you have to give props to the photographer, and his digital imaging team.
The Vogue Italia cover is much nicer, imo.

Love the cover and editorial, but I don't see one Gucci look, and I don't understand why? She's essentially on the cover and being interviewed because of her starring role in the movie, right? It's a bit of a snub, no?

^ I don’t think Gucci approves of the film, so maybe it’s that?

This is a real surprise. I don't like the cover at all though; totally not my thing. The editorial has some good images though, and it's nice to see more adventurous looks.

Although let's be honest; Meisel styled by Edward (and especially in the studio) isn't anything to really write home about. Imagine if Meisel had shot even a handful of Interview covers with celebrities under Fabien and Karl...now that would be something next level. We at least need Carlyne on styling duty if these (auto-pilot) commissioned works are to continue from SM.

^ I don’t think Gucci approves of the film, so maybe it’s that?

Gucci did collaborate on the film's costumes and also key locations, such as the historic boutique on via Condotti, where Ridley Scott was allowed to film. That's why it's strange the relationship hasn't extended or materialised in either the British Vogue or Vogue Italia feature.

Production had access to Gucci's archives.

The fabulous costumes alone will make House of Gucci a must-watch—Gucci CEO Marco Bizzari told WWD that the company gave the production "total creative freedom" and granted access to the house's archives for wardrobe and props. Back in March, Gaga shared a behind-the-scenes look with co-star Driver on Instagram, captioned "Signore e Signora Gucci," sending the internet into a tizzy.
Town and Country

All I see is Edie Campbell.

I don't get this. Basic pose and pedestrian styling. It just feels empty.

If Emmanuelle Alt produced this, this would have been ripped to shreds.

And the BRITISH is gone again?
'British' is printed on anything intended for the export market, but it doesn't appear on anything intended for the home market.

The word 'British' isn't always that well-received in three of the four countries of the UK, it's probably a safer marketing tactic to leave it out when selling it at home.

The word 'British' isn't always that well-received in three of the four countries of the UK, it's probably a safer marketing tactic to leave it out when selling it at home.

*purses lips*

Vogue should actually just include a special shopping section specifically for the other territories. Or even a seasonal supplement. They'd then want to buy into the magazine since it caters to them, surely.

i don't care about the editorial but boy, the cover is something. probably the best cover i've seen in years in vogue.

Not a fan of the cover but oh my gosh that nude picture is EVERYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->