UK Vogue February 2018 : Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman by Juergen Teller

The mighty have fallen, one of the big four reprinting their cover story (a terrible and hideously dull one at that)...I know print is dying but the Vogue brand deserves better that this.

EDIT: ^I'm actually happy that Nicole was left in the background, with that face I would only cast her in a Halloween feature...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why we had to be the first of the big four to share covers because the page count is higher than the rest, and I'm pretty sure the sales clock in more than US Vogue as well! This is just so cheapening. Such poor judgement from Edward!

still so confused, how can we fall from such gorgeous debut issue to this......

Maybe he's doing the celeb covers in the weak months, and keeping the important issues for supers...?

LOOL! He should put new models in the weak months, some celebs here and there and big models for the important issues.
We had big announcements, big hype and to be honest we have yet to be impressed by one entire issue.

The first issue was fun, the Meisel cover and ed were great but the rest was a letdown. The previous issue had an underwhelming cover and quite solid eds and this one is not looking good already.

Do we need another Vogue that worship Celebrity culture? Even more if is to do what they are doing in the US?
I'm not sure...

It's UK Vogue and we don't even have a Uk fashion on the cover...

Seriously, it's going to be hard for Emmanuelle to not stand-out if Edward doesn't shake that whole thing up!

Seriously what is going on with Condé Nast?! I’ve already hated on this cover but now I’m just worried. I think the quality of all Vogues has gone down considerably. Just look at Vogue China. Vogue Italia is now using what looks like a single big name photog per issue and even US Vogue seems to be cutting corners, it’s always been kinda dull but I never got the feeling that they were skimping on the budget like I have recently. This, however, beats all the others as a worrisome new low.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is honestly appalling considering it's just his 3rd issue as EIC. It all went downhill so fast from Adwoa's cover.

Do you think it’s a cost cutting exercise?

There’s rumours that Edward spent the entire issue budget on the Dec cover story.

Should the editor be styling all the covers?

Who is running the magazine?

Do you think it’s a cost cutting exercise?

There’s rumours that Edward spent the entire issue budget on the Dec cover story.

Should the editor be styling all the covers?

Who is running the magazine?

Of course it's a cost cutting exercise. Why else would you reprint something originally aimed at W (of all magazines!) on your cover? If it's true that he blew December's budget on the Meisel covershoot then I'd say he got duped. Can't see the production value in that edit personally.

I have no problem with him styling covers as long as he's focusing on shaping the magazine from front to back.

Far too early in his tenure for such blunders!

How expensive is it to work with Meisel? I'm curious...

I cannot believe the cover is one of the many W has done this month, has this ever happened for one of the big four Vogues?!

Of course it's a cost cutting exercise. Why else would you reprint something originally aimed at W (of all magazines!) on your cover? If it's true that he blew December's budget on the Meisel covershoot then I'd say he got duped. Can't see the production value in that edit personally.

I mean it was just a studio shoot with no props whatsoever, no garments designed specifically for the shoot (that I know of). How expensive can that be? My only explanation is that Meisel charges by the second? Also the rest of the December issue was pure filler so it would have to make-up for it.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels that the most recent issues of US Vogue are looking very cheap. Vogue Italia has been that way for almost all of this decade, but the US edition seems to be doing without name photographers all of the sudden.

I have no problem with him styling covers as long as he's focusing on shaping the magazine from front to back.

Far too early in his tenure for such blunders!

There’s also no way that the top brass at Conde didn’t know about this. This is the most profitable magazine in UK! I’m starting to think that Edward must of come up with all sort of creative ways to cut down the budget during his interview process for the top job. If I were an advertiser I would revolt because I’m guessing they still had to pay top dollar for a second tier product.

It's hilarious how Edward hastags everything #newvogue as part of this rebranding effort. New? b*tch where???

friends_my_eyes_my_eyes.gif
imagine being responsible for a bad nicole kidman photo. awful cover.

It's hilarious how Edward hastags everything #newvogue as part of this rebranding effort. New? b*tch where???

Btw, I read on Instagram that he deletes the negative comments regarding the cover(s)... How childish is that.

Cover story previews:

vogue.co.uk

MARGOT ROBBIE and Nicole Kidman are the cover stars of the February 2018 issue of British Vogue in collaboration with W magazine.

“When I first decided that Vogue should put together a star-filled portfolio featuring the biggest names in current cinema to mark the exceptional 2017/18 awards season," Enninful said, "who knew Hollywood would soon be top of the global news agenda?

"It was clear to me that the mood needed to change. That it was time for honesty. Enter photographer Juergen Teller, my long-time collaborator and the world’s most gifted documenter of celebrity at its most intimate and off-duty. Over four days in Los Angeles, it was great to spend time with him and some of today’s amazing talents as they look to reshape how Hollywood does business in a post-Weinstein world, including cover stars Margot Robbie and Nicole Kidman – two of the most straight-talking professionals I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.”

This feels so... humiliating. One of the 4 flagship Vogue (and into the 3rd issue a new, hyped EIC mind you) reprinting a cover story from W. I'm still in disbelief Conde Nast okayed this.

Buy the coffin cause print really must be dead.

The Best Performances portfolio is co-produced with W magazine, and can be found on newsstands on January 5.

So it literally IS a W cover? :rofl:

Way to diminish one of the big four editions, shame on them for doing this. I think it could actually be that UK Vogue paid for this, and they are helping out W, we all know its on it's last legs! Just let it die already, instead of compromising such an important title.

Conde Nast is such a mess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->