UK Vogue November 2018 : Fran Summers by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by amby, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Thank God I'm not a subscriber! Not a great shot at all, look like she should be perched on top of a wedding cake.

apple likes this.
  2. MON

MON Well-Known Member

That subscribers cover is tragic.

She looks like she’s wearing a deflated parachute.

The photograph with the umbrella would have been a stunning cover

apple likes this.
  3. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Does she have a backache in the subscriber cover? :lol: very bad choice.

4. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

She looks like she’s serving some ANTM realness on the subscriber’s cover. I can almost hear Tyra yell “girl, do the Hunchback of Notre Dame but don’t forget to elongate your neck!” at her.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  5. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Time to unsubscribe.

MDNA likes this.
  6. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Wow, subscribers have once again been duped.

7. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

The model look lovely, but like it has been said previously, the cover is way too busy.

8. Hafyiez wafa

Hafyiez wafa Active Member

all black & white ??? hmm :( :(

#48 Hafyiez wafa, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Armani: Oct 3, 2018
  9. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Not sure she delivered a strong cover both the main and sub are a let down I had to google her an dshe does look fierce on the runway this type of styling and mood is most definitely not for her. Maybe it would have worked if it was all in BNW like the ed which is nice

10. ellastica

ellastica Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but this cover editorial is just tragic. My eyes gravitate more towards the busy city backdrop then frilly Fran. ( I really don't get all of the fuss over this girl). The editorial team needed to literally and figuratively refocus their attention on this shoot.

11. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

MON hit it in the nail with the ANTM comparison, these covers look just as poorly conceived as the imges they did on that show and just like it's been mentioned this concept's been done to death. Where's the #NewVogue I wonder...Edward's lucky that I&V put a bit more effort into this editorial than in Vittoria's a couple months ago.

Benn98 likes this.
  12. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

Why do they keep giving us these awful subscriber covers? It's so annoying. I'm gonna have to unsubscribe at this rate, or buy a newsstand version too and try and sell the subscriber editions on eBay.

tigerrouge likes this.
  13. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

I wish instead of doing an entirely different image on the subscribers cover that they would just do the normal cover but with less cover lines

vogue28, MON and tigerrouge like this.
  14. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I just received a notification stating my digital copy was ready for downloading, before I've received a print edition through the post. Not that I'm in a hurry to see yet another black and white subscribers cover in person... but still.

Inside there's an editorial with Vittoria Ceretti by Alasdair McLellan and another with Jean Campbell by Theo Sion (but you'd just think it was by David Sims).

Benn98 likes this.
  15. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

The newsstand cover has a slight cinermatic feel to it in my opinion and has a Annie Leibovitz look to it (but in a good way)! One of my personal favourite covers from Edward so far. Not a fan of all the cover lines but I understand why they are always used.

Frans ed is great but I think if it was in a mix of colour and black & white it would of been more interesting. Vittos ed is fab and I love it! I’m very surprised that Adut isn’t in this issue, she’s definitely missed! I’ve got a feeling that she’s December by Meisel (nothing to support it).

I’m excited for Decembers issue!

16. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Just realized that Edward is now sharing the same art direction/font with Elle UK

I hope he also shares Elle UK’s EIC’s good eye for a covershot. All T, no shade.

17. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

The editorial is stunning but the covers look a bit cheap to me. Congratulations to Fran though, one of my favourite models around these days (and a true Yorkshire girl at that! :heart:). I've seen a McLellan edit with Vittoria on Instagram that I liked the look of. Not sure what else is featured.

Benn98 likes this.
  18. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Exactly! So great to see her on the cover. Sam should've gotten hers years ago, the build-up was certainly there, but instead Vogue was awash with London girls. Northerners in general, celeb or model, hardly ever made the cover of Vogue. I think the last one was Agyness Deyn.

The amount of beautiful girls in this region is staggering. Surprised there's not a model scout on every corner.

#58 Benn98, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Miss Dalloway likes this.
  19. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Fran make all this worthy, because the pretty-girl-in-high-fashion-on-public-telephone-in-London thing is a total cliché. Oh Ed...

20. samoanceleb

samoanceleb Active Member

I love it personally. Its refreshing compared to Shulman's Vogue, which was often beautiful but a snorefest and highly predictable. The compostion and art direction looks like something US Vogue would do, but less busy.