UK Vogue February 2018 : Margot Robbie & Nicole Kidman by Juergen Teller

Follow The Leaders: In the February issue of @britishvogue, meet the new Suffragettes, women continuing the fight for equality now. On newsstands tomorrow, Friday 5 January.
L-R: @galdemzine founder @livslittle, @wep_uk leader #SophieWalker, journalist and campaigner @paris.lees, blogger @dinatokio, artist #gillianwearing, writer @renieddolodge and @uklabour MP @stellacreasy.
Photograph by @juliahetta
Story by @evawiseman
#NewVogue

Would've made a much better and powerful cover. And would have cost them a lot less as well.

Wow, that image would make a stunning cover and conveys powerful message Strong women, beautifully styled and photographed by a female photographer. That would seal a deal for the #NewVogue. Yet we ended up with a bland reprint covers that underutlizes Nicole Kidman.

This thread actually makes me feel depressed. It's like watching purposeful self-sabotage. Just imagining how amazing an Alaïa tribute cover by Nick Knight could have been :( this is shameful.

What the h*** is this? OMG, this is something Shulman could do...

So much hype and this is what we have. Edward doesn't have a strong vision for Vogue UK so far. His first cover was very Vogue Italia, the second one quite Vogue Paris and this one is very Vogue UK in the worst possible way. Ew.

I'm actually pretty shocked... even the layout is as cheap as it could get.

Did Alexandra ever run a Juergen cover?

She definitely wouldnt have put this shot from W on the cover.

That glove company must be very happy !

Just shocking that this is happening really...never imagined the day that UK Vogue would re-produce the exact same image from a set of multi-W covers...it gets worse I see!

Did Alexandra ever run a Juergen cover?

She definitely wouldnt have put this shot from W on the cover.

That glove company must be very happy !

She sure did, I happen to remember a cover by Teller of the beautiful Linda Evangelista, and it wasn't that bad actually. I think she was wearing something red. He also did a cover with Kate Moss, which i liked alot. :doh:

But yeah, Shulman would defo not share her cover with another title. And i just saw Jo Ellison Tweet she can't read the text either, seems people are vocal about their dislike over it, nice!

I am laughing so hard at this. I knew he would be terrible, the magazine would sink to US Vogue meets Love levels but HELL, he is going for Elle/Harper's Bazaar here.

And don't blame it on Teller, he can produce good work. There's plenty of terrible here starting with the styling, going up to Nicole's expression, down to the layout... EVERYTHING screams amateur.

2018 seems to be a very bad year of publishing. Still can't believe leaders like Conde Nast/Vogue could do something like this.

Has anyone noticed that the VOGUE watermark they are using on official content images has now BRITISH inside the O, like all other international editions? I also saw it on the W website when talking about this collaboration with Vogue UK. Was this the case before Edward? I am pretty sure I haven't seen it before. And do you guys think this might lead to it becoming the official masthead for the cover as well?

UK Vogue is sold in the Philippines with “British” inside the O. All Alexandra issues had one :-)

I think its to differentiate it with Anna’s Vogue.

He could have at least DEMANDED that he used an UNPUBLISHED photograph for his cover. That would have been at least acceptable. But to use a cover shot that is also used by an international magazine is outrageous.

UK Vogue is sold in the Philippines with “British” inside the O. All Alexandra issues had one :-)

I think its to differentiate it with Anna’s Vogue.

Ah, thanks! I've just never seen it on digital images. I checked some of the content they posted online during Alexandra's tenure and they were simply marked "VOGUE".

My subscription hasn't arrived in the mail but I did leaf through a copy at the store today, and aside from the Juergen Teller feature there was a lengthy fashion story by Craig McDean, with a whole host of models (who I've forgot were featured).

I really hate that Juergen Teller every february has to do these stupid celebrity photos that seems so forced.
Edward, your are doing awful sweaty

The more I think about this, the more I'm confused.

It CANT be a budget issue, as Juergen uses a point and click camera and no equipment.It's not like you are paying for studios and set builds and crews and epic retouch like a Mert and Marcus production.
Even though its a four day shoot, its not an expensive shoot.

Didn't Jo Ellison go for the editor job? Her comment is spot on though!

Any ideas of any of Edwards issues sales?

Review
'New Order' (16 Pages)
Photographed by: Craig McDean
Styled by: Kate Phelan
Models: Yoon Young Bae, Selena Forrest, Hiandra Martinez, Sasha Pivovarova, Fran Summers, Kiki Willems

'Remembering Alaia' (6 Pages)
Photographed by: Josh Olins
Styled by: Kate Phelan
Model/Designer: Naomi Campbell, Azzedine Alaia

'Radical Chic' (10 Pages)
Photographed by: Josh Olins
Styled by: Clare Richardson
Models: Kris Grikaite, Ansley Gulielmi, Aaliyah Hydes, Sophie Koella, Blesnya Minher, Lulu Tenney (finally a last name!), Sara Grace Wallerstadt

It's a pretty bad issue, compared to the last one. McDean's editorial is lovely though, it looks like an Interview collections edit, with shades of his US Vogue stuff with Grace. The rest though...going in the recycling imminently in all likelihood, feel a bit duped by my purchase LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
with models that cover would have been stellar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->