UK Vogue January 2008 : Eva Green by Patrick Demarchelier

I'm happy of eds Agyness and Lara :smile:
I'll have probably this issue today :D

urgh actually quite disappointing.
All the eds especially Agness', Lily's and Masha's look so unbelievably dated and uninspired.
Also, they could have done better with eva green, like given her some big poofy dramatic dresses!

I have to say, I REALLY LOVED this issue. You have someone different for the cover, and an abundance of home-grown talent in the editorials, supplemented by articles about each girl. You also have two other fashion editorials. For a January issue - usually as thin as a teenage model - this is good stuff.

As for the cover - god knows people complain Eva's not on enough covers, and when she's used, they still ain't happy.

This issue also perhaps solves the question of why Lily Donaldson isn't pushed to the forefront in UK Vogue like the other girls are. They don't seem to like her very much. Sure, the article is polite about her, but when the best they can say is that her most likable personality trait is not pretending to be sophisticated, you know they're not impressed. They're slightly scornful of her - they try to claim that having a photographer for a father has left her indifferent to being a model, and that she doesn't care about turning up on time for things because it somehow doesn't matter to her, due to some sense of entitlement. In comparison to the adoration the other two girls get - both from the magazine and in Alex Shulman's weekly newspaper columns - Lily's article is a work of scarcely disguised dislike.

They even manage to turn praise for her beauty into a story of failure, by basing the start and end of the article on the scenario where people think she's going to be chosen to play a nurse in the Vuitton show because they're looking for classic beauties for the role. But by the end of the article, we learn that she wasn't chosen for it. That's not an uplifting affirmation of the girl's looks - though it does allow the writer to portray Lily as gracious about it.

The whole thing reads like a classic case of an interviewer not getting on with their subject, and then struggling to portray them in a good light. It's full of descriptions that superficially sound pleasant, because they have to write something nice, but which have a negative tinge to them. It's the funniest thing I've read in a fashion magazine in some time. And it doesn't make me love Lily one bit less.

Well, there has got to be a reason...wonder what it is. It certainly just makes me like her more too :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is beautiful and I'm glad they picked someone other than Keira Knightley or Kate Moss. I wasn't impressed with the content though.

That photoshoot of Eva is so anticlimactic, and her pose on the cover is way awkward. Seriously. She is probably one of the most photogenic people in the world. You'd think they could've gone with a better shot. However, viva Lily D! She looks ethereal, as always.

^ Nope, it wasn't scanned.
I only scanned Lily Donaldson interview. :innocent:
That was rather selfish of me.

Manuva says
I have the issue in front me, and I can't see that there is one.

I must have confused this issue with another one. Thanks for the clarification.

Is it possible for someone to scan the article with Gucci Westman in her gorgeous West Village flat? I can't quite bring myself to pay over $10 for a couple pages in these post-Christmas days. :(

Thank you so much in advance!!!

I think the alternative cover in that vid is much better.

^I dont like it at all,because that beautiful dress is hidden in the other shoot.

Thanks for the video Kasper.

i like the other cover more than the actual cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->