UK Vogue January 2009 : Cate Blanchett by Patrick Demarchelier

Boring cover, why the editor in chief puts a other celebrity on the cover and the last covers appearning only models and looks like better than this cover and Cate looks so great, but i don't like the cover.

I don´t really like the cover at all. I love Sasha´s ed. Karlie´s ed is really bad.

I love Iris' editorial, I'm not a fan of her but she looks amazing. Karlie looks the same in every shot.

The Francisco Costa interview and feature is pretty good too in this issue.

Wow boringgg. But Iris' ed seems interesting, although I don't think she is pretty or attractive AT ALL

The cover is boring. But the eds are okay. I like Karlies ed the most.

I love Cate but she looks boring in the cover, any onther pic from the ed would have been so much better, specially the one with the ears:wub:

I love that UK vogue loves Sasha:blush:, they manage to always bring out the best of her. The styling, the colors I love everything about that ed.

I think Karlie is trying too hard as someone said.

Thanks for the scans Skywire.

Usually Vogue UK has been able to create great covers with Cate Blanchett - too bad this one is indeed so boring. They seem to be having a craze for blank white spaces...

As for the editorials, Cate's is good as well as "Drama class"... I am also looking forward to seeing their coverage on jewellery as they promise on the cover... but I have to say that overall I can't find anything that would make me want to buy this. Then again, it is far too early to judge the whole issue...

How many pages is this, by the way? January issues are usually so very slim. Are there really only three editorials?

Got it this morning - in terms of editorials, it's the same old formula, just slightly updated with some new faces.

But looking through it, at the articles, there's more in this issue than you think. A lot of you are going to be too young to remember Tama Janowitz, but she's written an article about Stephen Sprouse. Francisco Costa talks about his Manhattan home, milliner Stephen Jones gets interviewed, and there's a quick look at 'austerity style' in Vogue in the 1940s. The jewellery feature is a 6 pg article about the industry.

Overall, there's no radical sense of departure into a new year, just a gentle move forward into 2009. There might not be much to entertain the eye, but there's still a few articles to amuse the mind.

I love Iris' editorial, I'm not a fan of her but she looks amazing. Karlie looks the same in every shot.

The Francisco Costa interview and feature is pretty good too in this issue.

would love if someone manages to scan it.:woot:
and thanks for Cate Blanchett's interview. nothing revealing, yet a good feature and a trully good actress.
Karlie's ed was a surprise concidering it's Lucinda Chambers' work. not a typical styling you expect from her.
Sasha's edit somehow reminds me of editorial that ran in BV earlier this year highlighting new British fashion designers and featuring Lily D.

the cover is not that great ... compared to the Itw one especially ...
anyway i like Sasha's editorial. though it feels very déjà-vu ... pretty like it ...
i feel something susie-bubble in this, non ???

I hate the cover.
The Sasha ed is good.
Karlie ed is meh.

Iris looks good!

When I saw this topic I got excited as Cate usually pulls off some pretty great looks...but....BORING? It's the sort of cover i'd expect to see on a monthly newspaper pullout? Not Vogue.

I love Sasha's ed though.

Thank you for the cover & scans! you posted so quick :heart:

Cate Blanchett looks amazing .. it's such a contrast to her Interview cover.. absolutely gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->