Vogue Australia September 2009 : Cate Blanchett by David Downton

Review Of Septembe 2009

CELEBRATING SUCCESS
Photographer: Todd Barry
Stylist: Naomi Smith
Models: Myf Sheperd, Elyse Taylor, Skye Stracke, Jess Hart, Nick Potts, Sarah Stephens and Alyssa Sutherland

COME AS YOU ARE
Photographer: Greg Kadel
Fashion Editor: Naomi Smith
Models: Catherine McNeil and Abbey Lee Kershaw
(AMAAAAAAZING!)

WATER BABY
Photographer: Todd Barry
Fashion Editor: Naomi Smith
Model: Karlie Kloss

A FINE VINTAGE
Photographer: Georges Antoni
Fashion Eds: Victoria Collison and Meg Gray
Models: Valerija Erokhina, Jacqueline Oloniceva and Holly Thompson

SHORT AND SUITE
Photographer: Max Doyle
Fashion Editor: Victoria Collison
Model: Holly Thompson

LASHINGS OF LUXURY (Beauty Editorial)
Photographer: Gavin O'Neill
Fashion Editor: Meg Gray
Beauty Editor: Sigourney Cantelo
Models: Valerija Erokhina and Louise van de Voorst

For Gemma watchers - She features/has a pic in:
50 of the best covers from 50 years of Australian Vogue
Model Moments: Cover Girls
Tanning Ovation - a story about Model Co.
100 Years in Beauty - 2000s

Overall it's a great issue! I think the majority of the budget was definitely spent on the Downtown covers as well as the Kadel ed - but it was SO worth it. Come As You Are is quite possibly the best editorial Vogue Aus has ever produced! Absolutely :heart: it!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the four covers are beautiful but my favourite is the 2nd on the post above.

i agree, and i am 90% getting this one (have to see all four first in the flesh) cause for the issue i believe that the focus should be on Cate not on the season's clothes since this will be a timeless issue

thanks for the Review,
i can't wait to see HQ Scans

Most probably I would get the last cover, it is the only cover with the masthead illustrated B)

does Cate have a spread inside or is she only on the cover?

No spread, however there's a 4 page folio with the full page cover illustrations.

Originally Posted by Flashbang
How many pages are there birdyandme?
360 pages exactly.

I'd scan but my scanner quality with magazine pages is terrible.
Which is weird because it's the same one I use for all my illustration work and it's perfect for that.
I can take some previews with my camera though?

^ There's a little Gemma! Nothing new but she's mentioned quite alot.
Just got my hands on 3 of the 4 covers. Hopefully the 4th is what has been sent to subscribers. I stupidly addressed my subscription to my parents house! Dang.
They're so much more beautiful in person. All of the lettering is gold foil.

What do you mean by GOLD FOIL!? All covers are featured inside the magazine right?

There are four commemorative covers of the September issue, one of which is a limited boxed edition. Valued at $12.95, the exclusive issue is available in select newsagents. Click here to find out how you can purchase your boxed edition.

I WANT A BOXED EDITION!

^ Oh GOD! That made this cover more artistic. I'm getting all covers that will arrive here. But I'm guessing it's a bit overpriced

700 for regular issues... but for september issues, they overprice. I think National has a standard price, but from the bookstore that I buy from they add 100 to 150 for thick international issues... :| saving...

To all MEMBERS from the Philippines, I just went to National and they told me that only 1 cover could possible arrive here. THEY'RE NOT YET SURE but they told me that sometimes that happens. FINGERS CROSSED! (I'll be okay with it if the best cover arrives here)

700 for regular issues... but for september issues, they overprice. I think National has a standard price, but from the bookstore that I buy from they add 100 to 150 for thick international issues... :| saving...

Here in the Philippines, Vogue Australia is distributed by Emerald Distributors Inc., (major supplier of almost all bookstores and newsstands) they don't overprice. :flower: P650, no matter how thick or thin. ^_^ *This is for all magazines that Emerald distributes. (US, UK, AUST. Vogue, US, UK, AUST. Bazaar, InStyle, GQ, Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, Cosmo, etc.) :flower:

^ I get mine from fullybooked. They have their own supplier. That why I get US VOGUE for 395 for regular and 494 for thick. Hopefully they won't overprice this issue

ACCORDING TO THIS ISSUE, WHAT IS GEMMA'S BEST COVER!?

I'm in the midst of scanning Karlie's ed, but I have to pop out for an hr. But it'll be up within a couple of hrs in HQ :flower: then i might do abbey's and cat's if i have time :smile:

^ Is it just me but is there only 3 of the 4 covers available for the public and the fourth one for subscribers (I tried three different stores today). If thats the case the subscribers one is the big black dress or no. 3 on post #1. In my opinion the 2nd cover looks the best in real life out of the remaining three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->