UK Vogue June 2021 : Billie Eilish by Craig McDean

Beautiful! It's a great start to the next era of her career. Love the switch to blond hair and the sultry vibe of this shoot, although I wasn't expecting to love it judging by McDean's work the past couple of months. It's great to see Billie step out of her comfort zone and explore different styles and this is the perfect next step. Much more appealing to me than what American Vogue did with her last year - and much more adult for that matter.

With the hair and the colors I was immediately thrown back to Madonna's stunning Interview photoshoot with Mert & Marcus a couple years back. Would love to see Billie in front of their lens as well in the future.

At least it´s something different from her though I can see aaaall the same type of shoots coming and it´s boring already :lol:
And if she´s going for the bombshell look, I wish that her expression was in sync.

I have to say that I love it. I don’t see someone playing dress up or trying to be sultry, but more like in command.

I have to agree that I wasn’t expecting Billie to change so 180o but whatever she’s comfortable with.

also, love the colour scheme, reminds me of a vintage boudoir that smells like talc and tuberose.

editorial wise, the images are interesting but Billie’s expressions are a wee ‘dead’.

Didn't even take as long as I thought...

Billie Eilish wears lingerie for British Vogue: 'Suddenly you're a hypocrite if you want to show your skin'

Eilish, who has previously explained that she typically prefers oversized clothes after struggling with body image issues that made her depressed, has been outspoken about the attention on her figure, with a tank top worn during an outing last fall causing an influx of body-shaming remarks. Speaking to British Vogue, she acknowledges that her revealing new shoot is bound to flame the fans of controversy.

Not a fan of Billie Eilish but I'm very much a fan of the cover, love the colouring and the new direction Billie appears to be taking. I'm getting all sorts of Madonna and Scarlett Johansson from the styling - with a splash of Léa Seydoux by Craig McDean for British Vogue's November 2015 cover.

I personally love that she's taking off her clothes. Much much better than the baggy look. Go Billie!

I love this! I think the people who think she is a hypocrite are missing the point of what Billie seems to stand for. From what I understand, her baggy clothes were a form of protection and a way for Billie to keep the focus on her music. This look, which seems entirely orchestrated by her and not forced onto her by Vogue, is the next stage of her reclaiming her power. Sort of a, ‘who cares what I’m wearing or how my body looks, I’m still the same Billie.’ Kudos to her!

[EDIT] I just read what she said about how, yes, she’s going to ‘show her boobs’ because ‘there is no excuse’ for abusing, sexualizing, or objectifying her. I love it!

Last edited:
looks really nice
but quickly bored with that same facial expression

Perfect change for her, the homeless look made her look even shorter!

I don't see it as a hypocritical move...it was kind of sad seeing her play ghetto dress-up with her past aesthetic, knowing where she comes from.

Wow I didn't see this switch up coming. I'm so used to her baggy clothing, tomboy look that this almost looks jarring, if not a bit contrived. She does look gorgeous tho, I'm now very interested to see how this will evolve into her new album era.

What a get from Edward, again. If there's one cover this year that will "break the internet", it will be this one.

I got a strong “Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” feel from “Your Power” music video which made me think that she would undergo a change of image soon, too.

It’s an interesting cover in a sense that such styling and color scheme are rarely associated with such a nonchalant expression, but I’m not sure I’m 100% sold on it. Imagine having a strong, bombshell model like Natasha Poly in such mise en scene.

Oh I see. The hobo look stopped selling and now she is going to cash on the reinvention thing. Ofc the bodyshaming story had to be added so twitter kidz can relate. Not a bad cover but her bored face is annoying.

This look, which seems entirely orchestrated by her and not forced onto her by Vogue, is the next stage of her reclaiming her power.

I've just come from her Instagram and it definitely sounds like the looks, from clothes and expression, were all of her choosing. She looks a little awkward in the posing but hey she's not a model and it's not the point of the shoot. Anyone who likes her work will love this and this love will subsequently generate so much hype... So win win for both Billie and UK Vogue.

She reminds me a little of Adele Haenel here.

The hair is an absolute travesty... i'm surprised they just let her own hair person do it for British Vogue...

The styling reminds me of Madonna’s interview shoot during the Rebel Heart era, and who would expect Billie’s sexy era coming this soon lol, I bet the new music must be really bad, well...good for her being confident or comfortable with her body even though the expression seems to tell another story.

The styling is very unfortunate.

This reminds me of Kim Kardashian's US Vogue May 2019 cover. Not sure why, but it was what I immediately thought of when I saw this.

I really wish Edward steps out of his comfort zone. He knows his strength is in indoor covers, but what about outdoors. The EIC of Vogue Japan managed to make stellar outdoor covers notwithstanding their obsession with studio covers. Can we say the same for Edward?

Unexpected to see her as dressed like a pin-up girl, but why she always poses with the "IT DOESN'T CARE" face with a dead look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->