UK Vogue June 2021 : Billie Eilish by Craig McDean

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by dodencebt, May 2, 2021.

1. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Not too sure I understand this one. Is it because it’s not a British subject or you feel the shoot itself doesn’t look British?

Edward seems to have been a huge supporter of British subjects since he arrived; models, acting icons who never got a look in before, etc.

Fiona3, HodanChloe, Legolas and 3 others like this.
  2. oaklee91

oaklee91 Active Member

A woman is born. She has arrived!

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Given how much clothing she's actually wearing, that's underwear being used as armour. The pieces might be flesh-toned or mesh, but there's not that much touchable skin on show.

Les_Sucettes likes this.
  4. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

For someone who isn't a fan of her, I must admit, that is one great cover there. She looks good and the blonde hair suits her perfectly. It totally elevated her look from this green thingy she used to sport that I don't understand to this femme fatale.

slayage and JPineapple like this.
  5. Mody

Mody Active Member

I don’t mind this cover Her stone cold expression somehow works here for this styling.
    But honestly this teen idol goes through sexy phase is nothing new in music industry. Britney Christina Miley etc. Almost all of them inevitably went through this career change otherwise you are out of the picture. Or you can be indie if you want. Anyone genuinely believe this is not another orchestrated move by her agency is much underestimating how the industry works.
    You can tell any aspect of the story you like as long as it sells and fans buying it I guess it is okay regardless if it is genuine

6. balmain1914

balmain1914 Well-Known Member

would be better if kim kardashian is wearing this on cover

7. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for nude and pastel colors, and I think this image looks so much better on her!

Regardless of her music not being my cup of tea this is all very well done and she actually looks so beautiful as a blonde!

JPineapple likes this.
  8. jezebelvictoria

jezebelvictoria New Member

Um... ALL British Vogue covers don't have the 'British' inside the 'O'. It's only the copies sold outside of Britain that get it printed inside the 'O'. Someone is so eager to drag someone for no reason.

9. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Having something printed inside the O of export copies of American Vogue would have saved me decades of peeling enormous yellow labels off the front of each issue.

crmsnsnwflks, mikel and dfl-001 like this.
  10. JPineapple

JPineapple Well-Known Member

In my experience, the last time I saw the “British” inside the O was during Alexandra last issue and the 2 or 3 before Edward’s one. I live in Mexico and all the subsequents British Vogue I’ve bought don’t have the british in the title. As far as I remember, even was topic of discussion when Edward’s first cover was revealed.

crmsnsnwflks likes this.
  11. jezebelvictoria

jezebelvictoria New Member

Regardless, the 'Britain' missing from the 'O' isn't something new or done just by Edward. As far as I know, it's always been like that and not what the person I quoted was implying about Edward.

12. penny609

penny609 Active Member

I somehow like the cover more than the three pieces taken from the main editorial. I don't know exactly how to feel or what to think but at least my eyes say yes.

13. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

The Hair could have been better but I actually like this. Always love an extreme magazine cover makeover

14. Starry

Starry Well-Known Member

I think it depends on which "patch" of print your country get. I have been buying British Vogue for quite some time and I have every issue under Edward. And they are all "exported" version: i.e. "British" inside the O, listing US and Canadian price next to the Pound price. I this this is the standard export version to at least North America. I live in Asia and I guess we get the same version each month too. Maybe your country get the British version so there is no "British" inside the O and only price in Pound on the cover.

Here is the May issue for your information.

Vogue UK May.png
    my snap

crmsnsnwflks and JPineapple like this.
  15. JPineapple

JPineapple Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I didn’t know that :smile:

16. Paul Lintag

Paul Lintag Member

I would've like it more if she take it further by having a sexy expression in her face. To fully commit to the "reinvention" of her here. But all in all this is great

17. Ghesquiere32

Ghesquiere32 Active Member

She has the most dead boring face I’ve ever seen wow she couldn’t look more disinterested if she tried it’s a HARD PASS for me

18. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

More of Billie Eilish by Craig McDean:

Mercredi, guimon, SRank and 1 other person like this.
  19. aracic

aracic Moderator

Hmm, they don't usually share quite so many previews before the newsstand release and I find it to be kinda anticlimactic to look at the actual issue already knowing exactly what to expect inside. Always hated the fact we see American Vogue's full stories on their site before we get the scans.

slayage likes this.
  20. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

Wait, all of her looks are custom? Edward really did pull out all the stops just for her then.

gunsnroses likes this.