UK Vogue March 2019 : Naomi Campbell by Steven Meisel

I was wondering if we're looking at it - given that it's not the most newsstand-friendly cover shot I've ever seen.

No complaints from me, in fact I'm surprised its taken this long for him to put her on the cover! Naomi looks beautiful under anyone's lens but I have to say while I'm glad Meisel works with British Vogue these days, a part of me wishes this was shot by Nick Knight. I just feel he's contributed so much to this magazine and his editorials are often the highlight of the issue every time he's featured.

No complaints from me, in fact I'm surprised its taken this long for him to put her on the cover! Naomi looks beautiful under anyone's lens but I have to say while I'm glad Meisel works with British Vogue these days, a part of me wishes this was shot by Nick Knight. I just feel he's contributed so much to this magazine and his editorials are often the highlight of the issue every time he's featured.

Especially when you consider last month's Hollywood portfolio. This cover is more closer to that edit than Meisel's work.

Well having waited since December 2017 for a Naomi Campbell cover under Edward's tenure, I do feel deflated by the outcome... and then to learn this was photographed by Steven Meisel - I'm even more so disappointed. The cover fails to make an impact on me, as bold and adventurous it is from the norm.

Subscribers should start recieveing their copies tomorrow and I’m so excited to get mine and finally see the content within.

We already know about the Juergen Teller editorial with Karen Elson & Shanelle and obviously Naomi’s ed by Meisel.

It will probably feature Edwards favourites ; Adut & Fran somewhere within the issue too.

I actually am excited to see the video of the covershoot !

Review - 315+ Pages.

BEING NAOMI
Cover Star: Naomi Campbell
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Edward Enninful
12 Photos

LADIES FIRST
Models: Shanelle Nyasiase & Karen Elson
Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Poppy Kain
14 Photos

JOIE DE VIVRE
Models: Jamie Bochert, Vittoria Ceretti, Sora Choi, Liya Kebede, Veronika Kunz, Fran Summers, Stella Tennant, Rianne van Rompaey, Natalia Vodianova & Sara Grace Wallerstedt
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Benjamin Bruno
15 Photos

BLACK MAGIC
Models: Lineisy Montero, Saffron Vadher, Sara Grace Wallerstedt & Tami Williams
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Grace Coddington
10 Photos

HIGH SOCIETY

Models: Sora Choi, He Cong, Heejung Park, Hyunji Shin & Fei Fei Sun
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Hair: Guido Palau
5 Photos

CALIFORNICATION
Models: Abby Champion, Jordan Daniels, Selena Forrest, Sophie Koella, Jessica Stam, Amber Valletta & Lindsey Wixson
Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jamois
10 Photos

... no special subscribers cover this month it seems!

Mine arrived this morning, the only difference is there are less ‘coverlines’ per say as it doesn’t have all the names on the cover.

The content is,in my opinion, brilliant. Mert & Marcus ed is spectacular it’s very Meisel for Vogue US as it's eclectic and opulent. Even Juergen Tellers Ed is interesting with an 80s styling around typical British locations.

I love Graces contribution in this issue with the models featuring huge dreadlocks & other types of huge hair. Absolute magic.

‘High Society’ which is the Guido spread featuring all Asian models is so elegant and visually stunning.

The only complaint is Naomi’s ed, as expected it has no correlation to the cover in terms of the style. I wish it had of been focused more on that cool blurred lighting style but it’s more about Naomi being on a night out. The only really interesting shot is her getting her makeup done, minus the iPhone in the shot.

Edwards best issue alongside September, I hope he keeps the magazine in this direction.

Beautiful cover... The content looks great, I can't wait!

Power issue! From the photographers to the models and stylists, this looks so exciting. All the hottest names in fashion with diversity and a mix of icons plus rising stars. I can't wait to see it. It will be hard for the American edition to beat the British March Issue!

I am dying to see the contents. This looks great, all teams involved are brilliant. Last time I was this excited for the issue must have been Carine’s last VP.

Let Edward teach other editions how it’s done.

I've also received my subscription issue, and I like this issue.

The Naomi cover story is a play on her image but done without the knowingness that would elevate it into something really great. It's all about flattery, not irony. But it's Naomi in British Vogue, and it feels like a moment. It's the first time I've felt there was something fresh going on since... that first issue.

It’s a fabulous issue; I love every story and I’m obsessed with the cover!

I think Naomi’s shoot is wonderful and the Mert and Marcus story is sublime. The issue is jam packed with editorials and it hits lots of different notes. Can’t wait to dig into it properly over the weekend when I have more time to enjoy it.

Photo gimmicks simply for the sake of it. still not buying it. Silly showing different angles of Naomi without further highlighting her beauty: the make-up artistry look, details in her clothing, jewelry, etc why this is relevant to anything going on with Naomi, the culture at large. It's eye-catching sure but it lacks depth.

I'm still curious about the contents though. The Seattle BN is dismally behind. Popped in yesterday and they didn't even have Emma's eyesore of a cover from last month. And their computer took 5 minutes to look up a request. I had to walk away from the front desk so I wasn't just standing there staring at the poor sales associate as I waited. It's bad.

This issue looks fantastic
The casting is superb as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->