UK Vogue March 2019 : Naomi Campbell by Steven Meisel

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Jan 28, 2019.

1. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

OMG! Liya and Vittoria’s shots are so freaking gorgeous. I would loved to have Liya’s photo as the March cover with the fold out of Vitt.

I was already getting the issue because Naomi was on the cover but now seeing that editorial. I can’t wait to get my copy.

2. bluebanter

bluebanter Well-Known Member

What a beautiful edition.
    I love all the editorials. Especially the ones by Karim and Mert & Marcus

Benn98 likes this.
  3. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Absolutely perfect !!! No need of MAS and Joe being lazy. Benjamin Bruno delivers !! Joie de vivre is iconic! High Society is everything I love about fashion and photography. Californication is a breath of fresh air. Naomi doing Naomi is enough for me. First time I am excited about a Vogue issue under Edward.

4. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Who would have though M&M and Karim would upstage Meisel lol. But seriously - this is a great issue, and other than Californication and a few shots in Teller's edit (which should have been edited down a little imo) I'm very impressed. This is the kind of content I was hoping for when I blindly leaped on the Edward bandwagon when he was appointed and is possibly my favourite issue under his tenure to date!

YohjiAddict, Benn98 and Blayne266 like this.
  5. Velasco

Velasco Member

Just when I think I’m done with fashion magazines, along comes an issue such as this one to revive my sense of enthusiasm. As if Naomi returning to the cover of Vogue UK isn’t enough already, I find this issue to be loaded with goodies. In a way, it almost seems as if it’s a tribute to Steven Meisel, as many of the editorials seem to emulate his style. Upon first glance at the pictures posted in this thread, my favorite is the third photo by Karim Sadli. Wow — that neck...!

6. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

what a great issue!

7. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Active Member

By the gorgeous Cong He! All the girls in High Society are working it! I keep coming back to look at that ed in particular.

8. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

This is a very good issue (and for £2 an absolute steal!) This is the first issue where I really feel Edward has lived up to the extent of his potential as EIC (even though I'm really not a fan of his styling most of the time). I like everything as opposed to bits and bobs.

Karim's five images are probably my favourite in the whole issue, very Meisel. Speaking of, I really don't like those kind of stories he does in the vein of Naomi's cover story, but I have to say that I quite enjoyed going through it. Refreshing to see Meisel out of the studio for once! The cover is also growing on me. I dig the VI/Meisel-Enninful 2005 era vibes it's giving me, combined with the minimal cover lines, very Interview!

M&M were also finally able to do something relevant again. Very Ben Bruno style but I'm not mad, some of those images are amazing, apart from Natalia. She's totally past it now!

Still quite a few faults evidenced here, but given the state of print at the moment this is something to behold in 2019, and ultimately going through the ads, articles and editorials provided some escapism, and that's all we ask for on here right?

Morgane07, YohjiAddict and simon like this.
  9. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Fab! From the images themselves to the castings, loving this issue.

10. Linnalu

Linnalu New Member

Karim is amazing! Every single shots are gorgeous, especially Sora!:crush:

11. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Picked this up today, nice issue. Especially for the £2 cover price also. I do agree it feels a little more autumnal than spring, but still, one of Edward’s better deliveries for sure.

12. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Fantastic issue! Meisel ed with Naomi is actually insulting to me! Being Naomi? Oh god, what a great idea! Remember when Vogue used to give us things only they could offer? You can check any number of paparazzi photos and see Naomi doing this EXACT thing! Maybe even better.

So happy she got the cover, but that is the only good image for me! Meisel is having a horrible year, so many bad ad campaigns, I don't remember hating so much of his work, ever! Take a break, maybe?

I mean...when Mert&Marcus do better "Meisel" than the actual man himself, its time to reflect! What a gorgeous editorial that is, and that KS spread? I bought the issue just for that, otherwise great March isssue!

tigerrouge and Bertrando3 like this.
  13. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

Great issue, I'm loving the Joie de Vivre editorial so fricking much!

14. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I dont like the cover, it reminds me of those phone filters where you can add such effects to your photos. I love the editorials though! Gone are the days when UK Vogue was the uninspiring conservative one.

15. samoanceleb

samoanceleb Member

One of the best Vogue issues of any edition in a long time. The Liya ed is AMAZING.

Love the cover, original and fresh, and its nice to see Naomi's cheeks look like they did before 2007.

I haven't brought a UK Vogue in ages, but I'll definitely be buying this one.

ivano likes this.
  16. Morgane07

Morgane07 Well-Known Member

I haven't looked forward to buying a Vogue issue that much in a long time. It's a lovely feeling that is nice to have again; looking forward to Vogue + glass of wine + sushi after a long day's work. I only glanced at the pictures to keep an element of surprise.

fierrousa, vogue28 and mikel like this.
  17. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I thought it would've been a criminal offense to have passed up this issue for a total of £2 when it was sat on the shelves earlier today, so couldn't NOT grab myself another copy (especially since there's only a slight variation in cover lines from the subs cover).

Might not be my most favorite of covers under Edward Enninful and certainly not the best Meisel moment we've had but I do love that shot of Naomi getting glammed up and how wonderful the story by Mert & Marcus turned out. I can also appreciate just how Meisel-esque those photos by Karim Sadli are, and overall think this is one solid issue from Enninful.

ivano likes this.
  18. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Stunning cover. I don't know if I like the effect they did but it still works and Naomi looks great.

The editorials are fantastic as well. I might just have to buy this.

19. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

Noami should have been alone in her ed, she is enough for that cover story.

20. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I hear a lot of people in this thread saying it's on sale for £2 - but I have yet to see one anywhere in my area, or else I'd happily get myself another copy.

However, in other months, it's frequently been on sale here for £2 when others have reported it as full-price.

I wonder how they decide these 'regional reductions'?