US Elle April 2009 : Reese Witherspoon

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
Entertainment / Cover Shoot

Big Love

An Oscar, a divorce, and a guy named Jake have made Reese Witherspoon larger-than-life

March 03, 2009 11:59 p.m.
Big-Love_articleimage.jpg
Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee
On her divorce: “Very humiliating and very isolating…But, by the way, if it’s not painful, maybe it wasn’t the right decision to marry to begin with. Those are the appropriate emotions. When people get in your face and say, ‘This will pass,’ you think, Are they crazy? I’m never gonna feel any better than I feel right this minute and nothing’s ever gonna make sense again. And I still have moments where I’m like, Nothings ever gonna make sense again.”

On dealing with the pain that stems from divorce: “You see a lot of people play this blame game. Blame, blame, blame. You know? And it’s a really easy thing to do, and I’m certainly guilty of it. [You have to] look at yourself and go, ‘What part of this do I need to own? Which part of this is my responsibility? And that’s the painful work that you have to go through to hopefully get some real life knowledge out of it.”
On boyfriend, Jake Gyllenhaal: “He’s fabulous. He really is a fantastic guy. Unfortunately, he’s not in the movie, so we can’t really talk about him.”

On being a young mother: “When I first had Ava, I couldn’t afford [help]. And it was so hard. I was out in Los Angeles, living [away from my family]. I really didn’t have any friends. And I had a baby. No one else who was 22 had a baby. I couldn’t go out.”

On her reported Type A personality: “I don’t think I’m a control freak. I think I’m just fearful. I operate from a lot of fear, like, of things being lost or forgotten or neglected. Losing the spiritual rather than the physical. It’s so funny to me that somehow I’ve been portrayed as a very, like, closed-off or uptight person. I’m very open.”

On the paparazzi: “Fascination is gonna die off. I honestly know it. But it’s just like I keep waiting and waiting, and then it’s just more tabloid magazines, and it keeps going. I don’t take a shower everyday. I don’t put on makeup everyday. I wear a lot of sunglasses, in case you noticed.”

On not being diet obsessed: “I’m made of cookies after the holidays. Everything inside me is made of sugar and flour and a little red wine–a lot of red wine.”

source: elle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Tired of seeing the same people tallking about the same things over and over again.

Lets hope her cover is as good as the one from 2007, that one was very nice.

You can bet Keira K, Drew Barrymore, Scarlett, Lindsay L, Jessica Simpson will all have Elle covers this year too. Its so predictable to guess who will get the cover.:innocent:

If they are going to go down the actress road how about using Emily Blunt, Leighton Meester, Anne Hathaway, Nicole Richie, Melissa George, Sarah Michelle Gellar, America Ferrara (sp?)? There is such an obvious pattern with Elle magazine. And it needs to stop. Vogue seem to be making improvements with cover and its about time Elle and Bazaar followed.:angry:

J - Beyonce 4th cover
F -Kate Hudson 1st cover(Very hard to believe considering her overexposure)
M - Jessica Alba 3rd cover (since 2006)
A - Reese Witherspoon 2nd cover

I'm looking forward to seeing the cover ^_^

Oooh that is easily the best ELLE cover this year, they did a great shot with her again, and i love that font, to much text though, as always.^^Thanks for posting. :flower:

What a GREAT cover :woot: Reese looks totally lovely and I adore what she's wearing - so simple and cool. The grey font is really nice aswell... defenitely one of the very best Elle covers so far!

Reese looks fantastic on the cover. I don't really care who's on the cover... US Elle consistently delivers an excellent front of book & good [nicely styled] editorials. I'm happy with it.

Fantastic cover! Although as always I hate the text overload. But I love the styling, and colours.

oh I'm so surprised that I like it! The colour scheme reminds me of Victoria Beckham's Elle cover from January 2008.

On being a young mother: “When I first had Ava, I couldn’t afford [help]. And it was so hard. I was out in Los Angeles, living [away from my family]. I really didn’t have any friends. And I had a baby. No one else who was 22 had a baby. I couldn’t go out.

this is nonsense. she was a millionaire even then.

Text overload as always, but nice colors and Reese looks incredible. I like it.

Love Reese and love the cover.
I love that she can look sexy ( like the cover) or like a 12 yr. old when not wearing make-up.
On being a young mother: “When I first had Ava, I couldn’t afford [help]. And it was so hard. I was out in Los Angeles, living [away from my family]. I really didn’t have any friends. And I had a baby. No one else who was 22 had a baby. I couldn’t go out.

this is nonsense. she was a millionaire even then.

The biggest hit she had before having Ava was Election so I don't think she was too wealthy.
That was back when Ryan was the bigger star. I would think between the two of them they could afford a nanny.

One of their better covers... Reese looks really great here

She's so boring =S I like the cover, though. Less text then usual.

Can't wait to see Anna Faris' editorial

annafarislostinstripes0.jpg

anna on the set of elle april photoshoot
source: justjared.com

I don't like styling there :ninja:

Too much text (as if I wasn't used :innocent:) but really nice cover. She looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->