US Elle March 2009 : Jessica Alba By Carter Smith

btw, what's up with this issue, is this dedicated to the VS models? Adriana & Alessandra, how sweet? geez...I wouldn't buy this issue for nothing...

I've got the issue on hand and it's true that Adriana and Alessandra lead the way in this issue. Be aware, though, that the Alessandra edit that is posted on page 4 is incomplete because there's supposed to be ten pics in the edit (not eight). In addition to those edits, there are THREE other editorials in the issue and the edits belong to Julie Dunstall, Dewi Dreigan, and the last one who I can't remember.

Jessica Alba's edit is similar to the Caroline Trentini edit where she is photographed with the newest up-and-coming designers like Jason Wu and Frank Tell. It's not exactly her best edit in a long while, but it's okay.

:shock:

^^ Not yet, later this year, I think.

I have a soft spot for Adriana -- yeah, yeah, can't explain it :P -- and like her ed a lot as I assume she's more or less working the VS persona with a bit more clothes on. She's leagues above Alessandra who looks like a tanned version of the Tales of the Crypt host with more hair.

I've found Elle US' model selection really interesting because it is so different. It's either they are very well known in a commercial way (Gisele, the VS girls), or familiar models from 5-15 years ago (Georgina Grenville, Julia Dunstall, Trish Goff) or those who'll just never make it. They never put the models of the moment or the hot future up and comers.

It's sad, because I do like most of their edits and layouts. But their horrendous newsstand covers + lack of familiar faces + presence of very commercial faces turns off people here causing them to overlook the occasional brilliance that's in there. But I suppose they have been selling more these past few years so they probably dont care. I do like the Adriana edit, the Alessandra one is a no.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome that you do all that work, yalil. Keep it up.

Here's the UHQ scans of Jessica Alba's 10-page editorial (minus the articles).

**All scans by yours truly

Big thanks to the folks at The Alba Area

:shock:

I wasnt so excited when I saw Jessica was the covergirl but I really like the cover, that Donna Karan dress is hot:heart: and she looks really great more high fashion then I expected:D

I really dont get the irrational hate that always seems to come Adriana's way. People trip over themselves to insult her.

Anyway, is that THE Dennis Hopper or just a photgrapher with the same name? If its Blue Velvet Dennis Hopper than that is way cool!

Hey :smile: ! Could someone please be so kind and tell me what is Jessica wearing on the subscriber cover (post #17) ????
Thank you very much in advance :smile:))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvmuzse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->