US Elle May 2009 : Drew Barrymore by Alexei Hay

Moonchild

Reaction score
2zzuni1.jpg

10pauyu.jpg

DREW BARRYMORE
The actress gets heartbroken, gets angry, and gets a life

On her breakup from boyfriend Fabrizio Moretti: “It’s hard to be with someone for five years and say, This isn’t going to work. But it was a time in my life where I finally just said, I can’t live for anyone else anymore. I have to be on my own.”

On the Hollywood career she would like to try: “I’m in my thirties now, and I really want to try all the things that I haven’t gotten to do yet, like directing, and doing a drama. I’ve produced and gotten to do a lot of optimistic love stories, and that was so where I was at for 10 years in my life. And now I feel like, Okay, now I know how to do that. I wanted to get scared again.”

On preparing for the role of Grey Gardens' Little Edie: “I did what I do when I have a big challenge lying in my path. I go to school. I shut the windows, the shades come down, the phone gets turned off, I don’t go out – I study.”

On completely transforming for the role: “I knew this was not a courtesy meeting, but not far from it. I didn’t want to come in there like a hungry freak. But I also felt every second counting. So – polite conversation, then he started looking through my binder, and I saw his demeanor change, actually noticing all the hard work I had put into it. So I just put it out there. I said, ‘Look – I have all of this inside of me, and I promise you that I will change my face to be her. I will learn how to stop talking out of the side of my mouth. I will go to school to relearn body language. I will shut out the world. I will not talk to my friends. I will give up my life for this, because I don’t think you can play this character and have a social life and balance the two mentalities. I won’t act. I’ll become this person.’”
Source: Elle.Com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm the cover is nice but I feel like I am seeing way too much of Drew

I guess Leighton Meester was shot for the June cover.
Can't ELLE see that many magazines are doing great things, and moving forward.
They seem to be stuck, stuck in a whit background and boring cover stars.
I love Drew to death, but what is her purpose other than to sell an issue?
Does anybody remember when ELLE was a fashion magazine?

Love Drew :heart: and the cover isn't completely covered with text as it usually is.

Thank you for posting Moonchild :flower:

^Agreed. I also love the text that her name is written in.
But I still don't see the purpose.
I suppose their embracing all of US Vogues favorite cover stars.

The cover's ok.

Grey Gardens will be airing soon... I can't wait to watch her portrayal of Little Edie!

I hate the cover picture. She looks so old.

There's a thread in Entertainment Spot about the documentary & now it also includes info on the HBO movie with the trailer & some magazine scans... for those here that might be interested in more...

Grey Gardens

:flower:

i love the 2nd pic. not the cover. thanx.

No text overload! :woot:
Really nice cover, and Drew looks beautiful!
I haven't even picked up the April issue yet.

Great cover for Elle. I like the fact that for once its not cluttered with text.

So incredibly sick of seeing her on every magazine on planet earth!!!

And yes thank god its at least with less text, and how unbelivable she is promoting GG on all these covers and its just an HBO movie.

I knew she would get an Elle cover this year. I guessed it in April's thread. I expect her to be on InStyle too.

So the following month's Elle:

June:Leighton Meester (Body issue)
July:Gwen Stefani (Music issue)

then before the year is out(if following Elle's patterns:( Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Lopez and they will probaly give Jessica Alba her 4th cover by Dec.:lol: Victoria Beckham's cover sold well last Jan I am surprised they haven't planned for her again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->