US Elle May 2009 : Drew Barrymore by Alexei Hay

I love Nora's editorial... now if only this darn magazine would come in I would of scanned it all already! :lol:

Subscriber's cover looks really amazing! I generally love underwater shots, and when it's Drew under water, it's even better ^_^

Spring Break!
Photographer: Alexei Hay
Models: Amy Hixon, Mila De Witt, Matt Isbell, Mark Caroll
Styling: Joe Zee

zinio

I love Nora's editorial... now if only this darn magazine would come in I would of scanned it all already! :lol:

Had I known who that woman was, I probably would've scanned and posted it already. But since I'm not familiar with this actress, I'll let you take the honors. Same goes for Drew Barrymore's edit. I've had enough of her and Beyonce always hogging up all the magazine covers.

"True Blue: The Remix"
Model: Austria Alcantara
PH: David Armstrong
Style: Joanne Blades

scanned by me

I really really want to subsribe to Elle, but I don't know if the $30 is worth it.
Can anyone let me know how the written editorials and articles are?

I really really want to subsribe to Elle, but I don't know if the $30 is worth it.
Can anyone let me know how the written editorials and articles are?

IMO [aside from the editorials] what's in the front of the magazine is the most interesting. The Elle Fashion News, Trends, Elle Shops... the features on new designers, accessories, etc. Those pages are always great. Also Joe from A to Z & Workbook are usually good too. The feature Elle Intelligence is always of interest to me & really much better done than most magazines as it covers different people of interest... movies, books, music etc. Ask E. Jean is always good for a laugh... she kills me :lol: As far as the celeb cover features... they are about the same as any other fashion mag. I did get a free subscription when that offer was around... but I would definitely pay for one if only for the fashion editorials & front of the mag every month.

:flower:

Here is the subscriber's cover... I so wish they wouldn't print the big white thing on the bottom right of the cover (for the address) and they should atleast make it a sticker and removable :(

scanned by me

Thank you for the scans, the editorial is wonderful! :wub: I especially love the shot with Dolce & Gabbana dress, it was made to be shot under water!

this is such a stunning editorial! i think i have a new found appreciation for drew now.

as for the magazine stand cover, it looks like in style. why don't they just do the subscriber's cover for everything? are they trying to appear commercial or something?

^ I guess they are trying to appeal commercial.. Elle would probably be appreciated 10 times more if they just used that damn subscribers cover for the newsstand one.

^ exactly. it reminds me of the artistic covers of vogue italia. i don't want to see another magazine that looks like shape, marie clair, or in style...

This is beyond perplexing to me. Why does american elle insist on focusing primarily on the same celebrities in rotation, year in and year out? I have a very difficult time believing how Drew Barrymore can sell magazine issues. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->