US Elle September 2020 : Cardi B by Steven Klein

She might not be the conventional cover subject for fashion magazines in general, but I always curious to see how the corporate media would treat her due to her political involvement. The cover is not impactful enough to reflect her personality that she could easily blend into the jenner/kardashian clan, but a bold move for Elle to put her in the cover.

^Interesting, because when I see Cardi B I don't think of her political stance at all. Same applies to Kim Kardashian, I don't necessarily think prison reform. I see gaudiness. That is their brand and they go out of their way to emulate it as aggressive possible. So much that it almost diminishes any sort of social strides they make.

^Interesting, because when I see Cardi B I don't think of her political stance at all. Same applies to Kim Kardashian, I don't necessarily think prison reform. I see gaudiness. That is their brand and they go out of their way to emulate it as aggressive possible. So much that it almost diminishes any sort of social strides they make.

I think such two are not the same, Kim is entitled to her privilege as always and building her brand on it, while Cardi’s trajectory parallels with her grassroots activism, which is rare in the states especially in the light of corporate media, you could only count on someone like Kim Gordon, John Cusack, Mark Ruffalo and the like to be outspoken in such grassroots movement.

The consequence of registration without an invitation.

Did you mean that misogyny is the consequence of registration without an invitation?

Or was it just a perfect opportunity for you, to tell us about your frustration with new members.

Or is it a indirect call to close free registration.

Or just being a bit sentimental for pre free registration times.

You have your interpretations of my words San Marco, I don’t have to explain anything.

As always with your comments: quick with labeling and always missing the spot with the labels.

The real question howvere is, are you confusing them on purpose or you have difficulties with understanding them.

You honestly think I'm even getting into this argument? This comment, once again, shows how rude and elitist you are coming across in this topic.

It seems that we're going to have this Paco look in every september editorial.

It’s says a lot that the first shot with her eyes closed is so much more interesting than the shot used for the cover.

But still I don’t think it’s a cover worthy shoot.
Btw Steven Klein shooting for Elle doesn’t excite me. Is he gonna be the new Carter Smith?

When you a celebrity like Cardi B who is still willing to play the fashion game (and not necessarly be on brand/ all about the PR exercise) it’s a pity to not take advantage of that.

This could be a great Album cover/booklet but it’s totally disappointing as a fashion content.

You honestly think I'm even getting into this argument? This comment, once again, shows how rude and elitist you are coming across in this topic.

No, didn’t think that even for a second.
And with all those labels and atrributes directed at me, suddenly you are the nice one?

God, she's aching for a reaction! Resist the urge, Nicki.

Not to mention...
Dfkh5jkX0AEFf68.jpg

elle

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->