US Elle September 2020 : Cardi B by Steven Klein

Not sure if we can give Nikki exclusivity to beaded headpieces though. They have been worn by different societies traditionally as well as disco queens and more recently Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and many more.

Not sure if we can give Nikki exclusivity to beaded headpieces though. They have been worn by different societies traditionally as well as disco queens and more recently Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and many more.
Obviously not. But don’t you think it’s unfortunate that Cardi is styled just like her nemesis?

I wish those two would stop fighting and/or being pitted against each other. Namely because it's such an unfair match! Nicki Minaj is 100x the rapper Cardi could ever hope to be. I can't even imagine how awful WAP would be without Meg. But yes, it is likely not a coincidence that Elle styled and photographed them both in such similar fashion, a mere 2 years apart. Just more evidence that Nicki does anything Cardi can do, except she does it first and she does it better.

Last edited:
Steven Klein for US Elle? That’s a big get.

Too bad the result of rather lacklustre. Her eyes are not strong enough and it reminds me too much of Adriana Lima’s Vogue Paris cover.

He already shot for the magazine......Nicki Minaj/Fendi special, October 2019. Evidently he is into female rappers.

I wish those two would stop fighting and/or being pitted against each other. Namely because it's such an unfair match! Nicki Minaj is 100x the rapper Cardi could ever hope to be. I can't even imagine how awful WAP would be without Meg. But yes, it is likely not a coincidence that Elle styled and photographed them both in such similar fashion, a mere 2 years apart. Just more evidence that Nicki does anything Cardi can do, except she does it first and she does it better.
de·lu·sion·al
/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective

1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

de·lu·sion·al
/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective

1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

Thank you! This is the exact word I was looking for to describe Cardi, thinking she can hold a candle to Nicki.

But don’t you think it’s unfortunate that Cardi is styled just like her nemesis?

Plus the fashion and hairstyling were done by her personal team who must know who's wearing what. *Acts surprised*
It's a conspiracy, there, I've said it. I mean, since when has this woman been known to take the high road or rise above her circumstances?

I click into this thread and hope to see good stuff by Alex White....:unsure:-_-

This does not surprise me whatsoever, the industry has been in love with hip-hop for a very long time. Plus Cardi is like a new age feminist icon to plenty of girls. The way she embraces her body, sexuality and motherhood is fun for the media to watch.

I'm not a fan of Nicki but let's be honest, there's no comparison here. Cardi is just a social media clown with no actual talent, she cant even speak properly. Her rap comes down to spitting into a microphone and making mating noises. Not to mention the questionable methods she used while working as a stripper.

The caked on makeup is distracting, but it can be forgiven. I like that Nina took a risk, it defenitley paid off.

Don't care for the cover subject but the cover indeed looks cheap.

This cover or the cover subject has nothing to do with Nicki. You either like it/her or you dont. It has nothing to do with the other girl. I did not see anybody comment under the W Dua Lipa cover how Miley/Ariana/Selena/Katy were more talented or deserving. They both rap so one has to be chosen over the other. But the pop girls all do the same and they can all coexist.

plus not to mention, from what I have seen Nicki isnt much better of a personality. She is to rap what Trump is to politics or Jeffree Star is to youtube/beauty. Talent or good product aside. They are egocentric maniacs, who use their ruthless, calculated, and cult like following to achieve...which only serves to further boost their ego. So they can sit and rant about their achievements, in order to assert their power over other people. Its disgusting really.

But the pop girls all do the same and they can all coexist.

Come off it though, the pop girls don't throw shoes at a rival and leave the red carpet with a tugged wig and a knot on her forehead. This feud has been very public so I'm not sure why you're trying to make it sound as if the comments are out of the blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->