US Elle September 2020 : Cardi B by Steven Klein

Wow Steven Klein at Elle. I’m all in!
Why Alex didn’t style this?

Cool to see Kollin styling the cover. Hate to be that guy, but wonder what Nicki thinks about one of her fave photographs working with Cardi.

Nice cover... I didn't love it, but it's nice to know that Elle is using photographers like Klein!

Steven Klein for US Elle? That’s a big get.

Too bad the result of rather lacklustre. Her eyes are not strong enough and it reminds me too much of Adriana Lima’s Vogue Paris cover.

It’s an impactful cover but I think that once again, they have failed to do justice to Cardi.
She is not a classical beauty and I feel like instead of adding more (more make up, more effects, more photoshop), it always kinda looks comical.

They should try to move on from the Sexually-agressive Image of her for once.

Lol, I doubt it's a coincidence that she's working with the photographer who basically delivered Nicki's best visuals for her last album and her Fendi collab. But unfortunately for the streetfighter, this cover is a massive flop. Everything about it. In fact, it looks like a Nicki rip-off of sorts.

The awfulness of this cover once again proves how important teamwork is. That's the difference between Meisel/Sims/I&V and the rest. They stick with a set team of hair and makeup artists in order for the result to be relatively standard, even when they work with a wild card stylist.

I love it! Can't wait for the editorial. Finally a magazine unafraid to embrace glamour 100%! I only wish they had cropped it a little closer the bust area throws off the balance needed for that headpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate her but the cover is good. She is a perfect subject for a photographer like Klein. I am actually surprised he is working for Elle.

I love it! Can't wait for the editorial.

unfortunatelly the editorial is meh, 2 photos of her with the black backdrop and two more close ups of her lips. 100% sure they did it during quarantine and using the less they could use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->