US Harper’s Bazaar September 2023 : Kendall Jenner, Doja Cat & Paul Mescal by Mario Sorrenti

Icons? I dont even know 2 or those 3 humans!
Kendall for me is super bland, i dont think she ever did any remarcable work to be consider icon material. Doja I know because of her extravagants appearances... But im 42, from outside of US and never heard ONE song of hers. And Who is Paul mescal? Never saw him
...and believe me, i do consider myself a enthusiastic binge watcher of cinema. So... Icons? Icons is when eveeeerybody knows your name.... Same goes for the Korean People that shows up at fashion shows... And im like! Who are these Kids? (yes im getting old)

Exactly (my point)! :heartsuit:

BTW, I'll never forget how many of you complained about Carine Roitfeld's Icons which, compared to the garbage we're being served nowdays, were a trully MASTERPIECES!

Yes it was better. My only issue with Carine and her work at HB is that she brought Sebastian Faena who is a mediocre photographer.

By the way, we blame a lot Samira but Laura Genninger is to blame too as she is the creative director. She is from I-D, which says a lot about why we have so much white background and dullness.

We can say whatever we want about Stephen Gan but this man knows his job.

An icons issue with no icons where did we go wrong?

I still had hope that a fashion magazine as harper's bazaar would be in good shape. Not best, but good. sigh...

Exactly (my point)! :heartsuit:

BTW, I'll never forget how many of you complained about Carine Roitfeld's Icons which, compared to the garbage we're being served nowdays, were a trully MASTERPIECES!

Stellar cast!

That video just makes you appreciate the people you grew up watching and listening to, nowadays there's no one I can think of that could possibly fill their shoes. Icons are a dying breed.

I like Kendall’s cover and don’t mind Doja’s or Paul’s. But yeah, let’s retire the word icon in fashion magazines before someone gives us a “Fabulous Bad*ss Icons at Every Age” issue.

is there a thread of HB under Samira?...would be interesting to see all the content together..it's a hard task but as @Phuel said it have potential but poor execution most of the times...

is there a thread of HB under Samira?...would be interesting to see all the content together..it's a hard task but as @Phuel said it have potential but poor execution most of the times...
I'd be all over this -- I'm obsessed with analyzing her choices and covers lol.

It just always feels like a gray day in Samiras Harpers. No smiles, No sunshine. Just Gray.

is there any thread about samira's work early bazaar? I'd like to take a closer look in her past works as fashion stylist/director whatever.

STEPPING OUT
Photography:
Amy Troost
Styling: Caroline Newell
Hair: Tsuki
Make-up: Dick Page
Model: Jeanne Cadieu

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

FORMAL QUALITIES
Photography:
Gabriel Moses
Styling: Edward Bowleg III
Hair: Yann Turchi
Make-up: Aurore Gibrien
Models: Alay Deng & Abény Nhial

HOME COUNTY
Photography:
Bibi Cornejo Borthwick
Styling: Katie Shillingford
Hair: Soichi Inagaki
Make-up: Niamh Quinn
Model: Miriam Sánchez

I only like the first story,the second not and the third, as much as i like Miriam Sanchez, her ed is not good with the exception of a couple of shots...

My gosh all the editorials are pure garbage, both in terms of photos as well as styling which is horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->