US Harper's Bazaar January 2010 : Kate Hudson by Peter Lindbergh

I wish her mouth wasn't quite so wide open on the subscribers cover. Aside from that, it's absolutely incredible (considering it's US Harper's Bazaar).

I love both covers and editorial is absolutely amazing. Everything is great.

And US Bazaar has new font :D

I meant to say the subscribers cover is incredible. The news-stands one isn't so hot.

Oh, mods please edit title. I mean Hudsonby :D

Bright and optimistic... I don't like the blocky generic type on the newsstand cover, but I can live with it.

I love it. She looks so happy and she's got the greatest smile in the world.

i dont like the new font, either. the subscribers cover, however, is 10x better than the newsstand cover.

Please someone tell me I'm not alone in being endlessly tired of Kate Hudson covers.

The subscriber cover is amazing, mind you, and if I saw that cover in a store, I would buy the magazine just for its sake (and possibly in anticipation of the full shoot). Actually, it's one of the best, most refreshing covers I've seen in a while.

What a letdown it is then to see the newsstands cover I'm going to have to settle with as a non-subscriber. I have seen this same cover look from Kate 6549 times before (well, not really, but it sure as hell feels like it! Heck, even her previous HBUS cover was pretty similar, as I recall it), and it's as boring and unimpressive now as it has ever been. I guess I should by now have to come to expect this kind of mediocrity of Harper's Bazaar US newsstands covers, but somehow, seeing the fantastic subscriber's cover next to it in this way depresses me.

I'm still getting this issue, though, regardless of the lackluster newsstands cover. Because the inside photos look to be stunning, and I rarely knowingly pass up on anything by Peter Lindbergh.

At least!
Miracle!
A good cover, after 8 months of crap a good cover.
The editorial is good, but if we consider it's kind of twist of Kate's cover for this publicaton on september 2007.

The new diagrmation looks boring, but the pics r great as always.

We have to do a sign-a-ton to fire Miss Glenda Bayley... good for marie claire, not 4 a fashion statement like Harper's BAZAAR.

Her ed's nice. I like the last shot of her pulling a face at her kid, as well as the very blue shot!

No 'Fabulous at..' cover line? Great step up for US Bazaar. I like the new fonts even though it's mediocre.
I'm pleased to see Kate because she photographs well and it certainly shows here.
Both covers look great. I love the flower stand background on the subscribers, nice effect.

Ooh I like this. She looks amazing in the dress on the sub cover. She has a fantastic smile.

I can't remember the last time I brought a mag with Kate on the cover to be honest. She was on UK Bazaar last year wasn't she?

I've still decided that when my sub runs out in May or June I'm not going to resub cause it's not worth it anymore. Glenda needs a shot in arm or we need a new editor.

She looks a caucasian J-lo on the cover.

She looks a caucasian J-lo on the cover.

Now if only she'd pitch down at an awards show...

They should just release a Kate Hudson magazine with 12 months of Kate Hudson.

I'm not a big fan of Kate Hudson, but subscribers cover and editorial is fantastic. She really does have a beautiful smile.

Kate Hudson is white hot on the January 2010 cover of Harper’s Bazaar, on stands stands December 15. Here’s what the 30-year-old actress opened up about:
On pregnancy, engagement and break up rumors: “I’m not pregnant. I can’t go two months without being pregnant, engaged, or breaking up because I’m too needy, which is always the one they love. I’m not needy. You kind of have to laugh it off, but it can kind of screw up other things around it.”
On why she doesn’t talk about her relationships : “I have a child, and there are people involved, and it’s unfair to talk about somebody else, especially when you’re not in that place yet to be discussing those things. If I was sitting here with a belly out to here, I’d be talking about what the relationship is and how important that is in my life right now.”
On not feeling pressure from family or friends to avoid Alex Rodriguez because of his past mistakes: ” I don’t really have friends like that,” Kate says. “My mother never shook anybody’s hand. She has kissed and hugged her way through life. [My family had] an open-door policy. We were never afraid to bring the wrong person home. They were always open to our failures.”
On the photo of her and A-Rod kissing: “There’s a guy that’s shooting probably 60 frames a minute. That was a sideswipe on the cheek. That wasn’t even a kiss. I quickly kissed the cheek. And I remember one of the headlines the next day said, MAKEOUT SESSION. What is wrong with people?”
On ex Chris Robinson: “Chris is a great dad. I feel really lucky. When we first met, it was so immediate. I had no question in my mind I was supposed to marry him and have children with him.
justjared

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->