US Harper’s Bazaar September 2023 : Kendall Jenner, Doja Cat & Paul Mescal by Mario Sorrenti

Source Samira Nasr Instagram.

D2DE2764-5EF5-45F3-B22F-BF1FAB12C815.jpeg C2949528-EB28-4554-B87A-D0B55E156D28.jpeg

Mario Sorrenti is one of the most underrated photographers in my opinion... I definitely think he should receive more work, which has been happening recently, but unfortunately none of the opportunities he's received is delivering anything good.

All covers are bad and when you have a man on a cover that is better than the other covers that have women on a magazine that theoretically has a female audience in the majority, it's time for you to turn on the red alert!

Bland and boring, two words which are now synonymous with Samira Nasr's Harper's Bazaar. Absolutely no surprise AT ALL to see these covers, not even for such a celebratory month like September, have zero oomph or pizazz to them. A downright embarrassment to declare this an issue dedicated to icons - and deliver us this.

I love Paul but that half-asleep ***ed face bothers me AF

Kendall is alright.

the winner is Doja, clearly.

Hm… Kendall is giving boring and bored face and I don’t like what she wears down there

I hate Kendall, but here she's, hum... ok. There's a little attitude and I like the colors. Apparently couches are having a moment. First VF cover, now here.

Where are the icons?

I hate the font

Genz icons lmao… and what’s the appeal with the couch? Can people get their a** up?

Where are the icons?

The 14 Most Influential Icons of 2023, according to Harper's Bazaar :tearsofjoy:

Doja Cat, Rapper & Singer
Nia DaCosta, Writer & Director
Greta Lee, Actress
Zaya Wade, Model & Activist
Justin Jones & Justin J. Pearson, Tennessee State Representative
Kendall Jenner, Model & Entrepreneur
Parris Goebel, Choreographer & Creative Director
James Whiteside, Dancer, Drag Performer, Musician, & Choreographer
Paul Mescal, Actor
Leila Mottley, Writer
Golshifteh Farahani, Actress
Teyana Taylor, Singer & Actress
Angel Reese, Basketball Player

harpersbazaar.com

Me, KERG, from now, i totally forbid the use of the word ICON for a fashion magazine until the end of time. OK ????!

Okay, the September Vogue cover is amazing, iconic, incredible, groundbreaking, etc. to me now after seeing this mess.

How does Doja Cat get such toned, muscular legs without working out?

You wouldn't think these are supposed to be September covers! Everything is just so cold and sterile. The fact that they wanted Kendall AND Doja screams desperation, such a massive red flag. Things must be really bad. Sad part is that I doubt the covers will even perform well on social media despite the fact that Doja Cat just released new music.

How much longer must we tolerate this charade of Samira Nasr cosplaying as a magazine editor?

^^^ I stan Samira. Still way way way leagues above the amateur mess of Anna’s/Edward’s Vogues.

…If only Kendall’s spot were offered to a model of warmth and life, someone like Liu Wen… Dreaming beyond dreaming of course, because Samira and these American editors would never offer an Asian model a cover, let alone a September one.

Once the natural repulsion to Kendall is over, the image; the composition, the pose, the setting, the icy and serpentine writhe (an iciness that's very much of signature of Liz x Fabien's Bazaar BTW), the styling, is really good. And she isn’t all bad— but again, someone like Liu Wen, Imaan Hammam, Vittoria would easily take it to another whole new high level of fashion.

(Oh please Benn, those legs aren't muscular nor toned; it's just a trick in post to run a highlight streak to give the illusion of toned legs. Check out Naomi walking for Versace, and you'll see the definition of impossibly lean, muscular, toned legs.)

Last edited:
…If only Kendall’s spot were offered to a model of warmth and life, someone like Liu Wen… Dreaming beyond dreaming of course, because Samira and these American editors would never offer an Asian model a cover, let alone a September one.

Sora and Liu have both had solo covers under Samira…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->