US Vogue April 2009 : Beyoncé by Mario Testino

I'm not fond of the draping at the front of the dress, but everything else is fine, it's what I wanted Beyonce to look like, on this cover.

I can't wait to see the contents and who they've used to illustrate all the different body types.

^I agree with everything you said^_^

Humm dont know if i liked it or not.
And im not a fan of Beyonce, she annoys me for some reason.

Love that Beyonce claims to be a size 2 when interviewed.....what a joke!
You know what i find to be an epic joke? The "NIP/TUCK Designing a Perfect Body" banner, i know all fashion magazines, Vogue including, should be taken with a grain of salt, but doing a shape issue where you celebrate all women's body types, and then having a feature like that is just silly.

So the rumours were true then!

I actually find myself liking this when I never thought I would.

Though... this is Beyonce the woman. It's nice to see her show a more sophisticated side.

I agree. She looks so soignee and dignified. I much prefer this Beyonce than "Sasha Fierce." And props to the Vogue staff for transforming her. I wish she would look as good as this on the red carpet...

YES! YES! YES! :buzz:

Finally Beyonce's time has come. A well deserved cover! I've been saying for months that Beyonce should have a US Vogue cover. Finally! I am overjoyed! And she looks good!

And two black women on the cover of US Vogue in a row!??! Yes! Anna this is what US Vogue should look like! :clap:

this is great i love the colors of this cover and beyonce looks good i love it!

She is just so bland...she never lets loose and says something interesting in interviews. This is why she can't be a good actress, she's not free with her emotions at all.

I know it pissed her off when Jennifer Hudson got the Vogue cover at the height of Dreamgirls but she is still not deserving all these years later.

I think the cover is nice and Beyonce looks good - but I really can´t stand her... :doh:

I had a groan when seeing the title of this thread but I'll take it back. I'm not a fan of her but she does have an amazing voice - I also like the fact that her private life is not so important for her to spill everything to the tabloids

I think she looks stunning on the cover, and for once I like this composition. It's not a smiling celebrity photoshopped to death.
And I think Beyonce works on this cover because its so simple and strips away all of the "Sasha Fierce" qualitities. There are no gold Roberto Cavalli gowns or big wavy hair - I think that's my favourite part of this.

But the cover line that always rubs me wrong on every magazine cover is "real women have curves". Tha's like saying every slim woman is not ... a woman - am I the only one with this sentiment?

Im most certainly with you Tinsely, i dont have curves, and yes the last time i checked i was a real woman.:ninja::rolleyes:

YES! YES! YES! :buzz:

And two black women on the cover of US Vogue in a row!??! Yes! Anna this is what US Vogue should look like! :clap:
So true, and this is the 4th cover this year with a new fresh subject.

She looks really nice on this cover! Wish they didn't pull her hair back like that, though.

I loved the styling and she looks great. I actually like it ^_^
This year Vogue has definitely been changing.

:sick:

I suppose if Anna allows Britney Spears and Blake Lively on the cover, why not Beyonce. Maybe Mrs Beckham will get the chance to grace the cover...

^^Britney was on the cover 7 years ago (and many people probably won't agree but I think there was something quite fascinating around this girl, at least back then) !

Blake lively on the cover was a blasphemy !

and I don't like this cover either, if only we could see models on the cover of US vogue.
yes beyoncé has a great career yes she's a very strong and energic woman bla bla bla I'm so tired of seeing celebrities/actress/singers on the cover of the american Vogue.

I know it has been like this for a very long time and it will still be like this but I just wanted to say that I HATE it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->