UK Vogue April 2011 : Kate Winslet by Mario Testino

Loooooooovvvvve it!

I can barely even bring myself to write a comment because I keep scrolling back up to look at the image. Just when I composed myself enough to move on from the cover image, I scroll to the preview image and lost it again. :heart::heart::heart:

Love the fresh colour from Alasdair McLellan ed.:heart:

Nice and clean cover, very 1998...that's year I first noticed her...

I think the cover isn't doing any favour to Kate, which is quite a pity, actually.

I guess I'll stick to the content again, Lindsey's Pool Party looks amazing already.

Got the issue today.

I'll post a full review when I can.

There's a Rodarte article and a small ed, Arizona has a few shots in a feature about eyebrows it looks like.

Oh and holy celeb covers galore so far this year; Knightley, Beckham, Rosie (i know, but to me she is more of a celeb than a model), and now Winslet.

I was almost sure that we would get model on the cover this month, but I think they considered Rosie as a model. Though it's always nice to see Kate Winslet, I love her so much and it's an OK cover. Editorial previews look summery and surprised to see Lindsay Wixson has 2 eds, did she have editorial in UK Vogue before?

It's an okay cover but I've seen better ones with Kate on the cover. I don't know- I get a very 90's feel from the cover- so very minimalistic. The haircut doesn't seem like something Kate would go for either, overall its weird in the sense that it doesn't seem normal.

The Right Side
Ph: Tim Walker
Models: Kirsi & Lyndsey
Styling: Kate Phelan

L’Air Du Tempts
Ph: Javier Vallhonrat
Model: Guinevere
Styling: Lucinda Chambers

Solo Act
Ph: Mario Testino
Model: Kate Winslet
Styling: Beat Bolliger

Pool Party
Ph: Alasdair McLellan
Model: Lyndsey
Styling: Kate Phelan

Arch Angels
Ph: Josh Olins
Model: Arizona
Styling: Lucinda Chambers

Smash Hits
Ph: Glen Luchford
Model: Barbara Palvin
Styling: Bay Garnett

California Girls
Ph: Todd Cole
Model: Guinevere
Styling: Ashley Furnival

^ Thanks for the review, but what's the point of getting same models and feature each in two editorials, I mean both Lindsey and Guinevere have 2 editorials, saving money?

I really like it.

thank you so much honeycombchild for the review :flower: really can't wait to see The Right Side, even snaps...

That's a stunning cover! Love Kate :heart:
Excited for TWO Guinevere eds :clap:

I should point out perhaps that Guinevere's second ed is the Rodarte feature, and it's just two full page shots, and then an interview with the Rodarte sisters follows it.

gorgeous cover! kate looks so fresh :heart: and the review sounds amazing!

41351-800w.jpg
41352-800w.jpg

models

Terrible cover and the review doesn't sound too exciting for me either.

I think Kate looks kind of bad, imo. She looks like a poor Gwen Stefani impersonator or something, with those dark eyebrows and that bleached hair. Her face itself doesn't look quite right either. She just doesn't look like herself to me.

I'm curious to see Lindsey's editorials though, she's been growing on me lately.

loooooooooooool :D indeed she looks bad, it's an atrocious cover

I also like the cover, I think Kate looks beautiful, but the other shot would have made a more striking cover in my opinion.
The review sounds nice, can't wait to see Tim, Alasdair & Glen's eds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->