UK Vogue April 2011 : Kate Winslet by Mario Testino

definitely getting this issue. love the tim walker ed, lindsay looks amazing :smile:

Got my subscription today
Disappointed in the editorial content after last months issue
But i must say Lindseys second edit isnt too bad
Also i love the Raf Simmons and Rodarte article/pictures

I actually like Kate's look :innocent: but the cover shot is rather bland, she looks so washed out

Oh I love the preview of Kate`s ed! It`s so dramatic indeed!

The editorial of Lindsey named Pool Party to me is like an editorial for Teen Vogue.

The editorial The Right Lines is good but somehow, I have this feeling of I`ve seen that before.

THe rest of the editorials are great!

Hot damn, Kate looks good! I am surprised by the change and she wears the color and style so well. The one photo of her in the white dress brought me right back to the Georgina Grenville/Gucci days. Nice bit of nostalgia.

Meanwhile, I had to laugh at the suggestion that Vogue was trying to save pennies by using two of the same models in two different editorials. My national fashion "bible", Flare, is hilariously obvious about sending one photographer to do multiple shoots in one location with just one model. I would be very happy if Flare had nearly as much diversity as UK Vogue. :lol:

I wasn't really excited when I read the reviews but after seeing the scans I'm pleasantly suprised. It's all very colourful. Good stuff.

WTF at her hair? It's like they borrowed Carey Mulligan's and photoshopped it on her head.

Guinevere's ed is just too beautiful :wub: Oh, and how can I not love a Tim Walker ed..:heart: There are already two good eds in this issue.
Thanks for the scans.

This is probably the best issue of British Vogue that I've seen in a little while. The cover is really stunning (although Kate's blonde hair isn't her best look although it comes off well in her editorial and the pink font is a little garish) and the content is hugely improve upon last month.

Tim Walker and Alasdair McLellan are two of my favourite photographers so I'm still floating on a cloud about their editorials (and Guinevere's.) The '25 New Fashion Faces' is also diverse and informative. As a whole, the issue is focussed upon Raf Simons, Dolce & Gabbana and Rodarte so each designers gets an lengthy article. I don't know if it's because of the VAT increase, but has the price gone up quite a bit? It's nearly £5 (although this issue is surely worth it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pool Party
m: Lindsey Wixson
ph: Alasdair McLellan

scanned by me

Arch Angels
m: Arizona Muse
ph: Josh Olins

scanned by me

Smash Hits
m: Barbara Palvin
ph: Glen Luchford

scanned by me

Tim Walker and Alasdair McLellan are two of my favourite photographers so I'm still floating on a cloud about their editorials (and Guinevere's.) The '25 New Fashion Faces' is also diverse and informative. As a whole, the issue is focussed upon Raf Simons, Dolce & Gabbana and Rodarte so each designers gets an lengthy article. I don't know if it's because of the VAT increase, but has the price gone up quite a bit? It's nearly £5 (although this issue is surely worth it!)

It's 10p more than it usually is...

glen luchford in british vogue? sounds new to me.
i like the contents of the magazine but overall, it's not worth buying imo. there are only 2 eds that are appealing to me.

Arizona looks rather beautiful in that editorial. :smile:

Am I the only person that does not get this fascination with Kate Winslet? She made like Three good films when she was not really well known worldwide, and since then it has been just one long magazine airbrushed posing, and still people talk about her like she is some sort of national treasure and a great example. This spread brings nothing new, yes we get it for the millionth time, yes you are now a refined women and will never get married again in a pub. And no you can't still be "normal".( some uk peeps will get the reference).

^ I sort of agree with you, but that's really the problem with most celebrity magazine features today. Most magazines just don't seem to like to go for less familiar or unused faces in their celebrity features just because they're likely not to sell as well as Kate Winslet -- a beautiful woman with a decent, and more importantly, famous and (for whatever reason) revered career. And I wouldn't have so much of a problem with that, if what they did with Kate (or any other familiar face for that matter) was at least sometimes something new, different, maybe even a little challenging (at least to her "fans"), whether it be in the shape of an unusual photoshoot or interview that didn't absolutely reek of project promotion. But that's always an unsafe choice to make, and a needless one when the reality they see is that most people only buy the magazine because Kate is in it in pretty pictures, and those who subscribe to UK Vogue do so for other reasons than Kate Winslet and are anyway more likely to subscribe to it alone or perhaps another magazine or two on the side than to so actively follow all fashion and magazines as to get tired of the repeat performances, both in UK Vogue and magazines in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->